Who are some premature anointed GOATs that come to mind?

MrBlackheart

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Obvious one for me was Charles. Good lord leading up to 280, it was “Charles is LW goat”, “Charles has/will surpass Khabib”. Even meathead Rogan said “you can’t look at losses, you have to look at his wins”. Ugh…don’t you have to look at the whole picture…wins and losses?

Olivera had a nice 3 wins vs the squatting triplets. He won all 3 but he could’ve lost them. I think people just got caught up emotionally in the excitement of those fights and anointed him Goat. Seems like that Charles GOAT bandwagon is empty as an ice cream store in Siberia.

catclosedoor-cat.gif

This place is pretty bad about it.

Walker was gonna topple Jones, Khamzat hasn't fought for a belt but he's next GOAT, Gane was new HW goat before the Ngannou fight, list goes on and on. Weidman after Silva, but at least he won a strap and beat a great doing it.

Some still have a chance to live up to it, but I wish they'd stop being crowned long before they've got any real case for it.

I remember Dana calling Phillipe Nover the second coming of Anderson Silva and GSP or something equally ridiculous.

I remember the height of the Ronda hype, just absolutely unbearable. Rogan crying over her and shit. "Once in human history.." Shut up you're embarrassing yourself Joseph, Jesus...

I remember when Duffee was supposed to be this monster but then he gassed beating up Russow and got KOed by a dude with an arm broken from him getting beaten on. The hype deflated like a balloon popping and it was full of flatulence with the accompanying sound(s).

I remember when Duffee was supposed to be this monster but then he gassed beating up Russow and got KOed by a dude with an arm broken from him getting beaten on. The hype deflated like a balloon popping and it was full of flatulence with the accompanying sound(s).
Joe Duffy's hype train crashed just as hard.

Back