Who are some guys who should go up in weight?

Yeah man, WTF with that example?
Yes, a true horrible example. Finishing a guy who to that point had never been finished... He didn't find any "success" in that instance? Moron

Most have all ready been mentioned like Vick he is freaking huge for 155

A part of me thinks same day weigh ins might be the way to go, be better short term as peeps in theory shouldn’t be cutting that much weight, a part of me also thinks less time to rehydrate means more KO’s which is not good for anyone long term, as you know some of the fighters will still try to cut as much as possible.

On a personal level I always felt if I cut 4-6 pounds that was when I was at my best, but I would only cut weight for the really big wrestling tournaments like nationals, other then that I would kind of bounce between weight classes for the stricter competition in the smaller tournaments or just dual meets

As for Judo and subwrestling competitions I would just weigh in what ever I was that day and I would also enter in the open weight class so I didn’t need to be even more drained buy weight cutting

Luke Rockhold will be a bbbbbbbbbeast at heavyweight, bruh

2-2 in his last
It really hasn’t. Whenever he face true elites he lost. He beat askren who has 0 top 5 wins and he beat Till who has one top 5 win(robbery)
Masvidal and his run is massively overrated.
He is one win away from a TS, ´he never came close to that at 155.
The cut is too much for him nowadays so it is better for him anyway.

I’d love to see Khabib move up. Jones is another obvious one. DJ moving to 135 was demanded by every fan. I’d add Tony Ferguson to that list.

For me weight cutting should be forbidden, fight at your natural weight and fuck that shit.

It's the worst part of the game for me, and they're killing themselves doing it.
Yeah to some extent i agree...it oftentimes just saps strength and energy which equal lesser fights from depleted looking fighters.

At the same time it really can be a great advantage if you're abnormally large for the weight so long as you have the right amount of fire power

So many intriguing fights at WW for Khabib... Kamaru, TWood, Askren, Colby... I feel TWood would KO him clean. Which reminds me, wonder how middleweight Woodley would look.
I’d love to see Khabib move up. Jones is another obvious one. DJ moving to 135 was demanded by every fan. I’d add Tony Ferguson to that list.

Yeah to some extent i agree...it oftentimes just saps strength and energy which equal lesser fights from depleted looking fighters.

At the same time it really can be a great advantage if you're abnormally large for the weight so long as you have the right amount of fire power

Well it can certainly be an advantage, but idk, is being great at nutrition control part of the fight game ?
It's make no sense to me, to be honest.

Well he is finishing brutally these days, maybe just getting really used to 170...He put Till out cold who previously shown he had a pretty good chin, you saw that Woodley fight, i assume? Woodley gave Till a beast of a shot and Till was surviving, even through some bad gnp. Askren was what it was. Vicious.

6-4 last 10..You are making your stand based on his last 2 fights and recency bias. You weren't here making any similar argument just 2 fights ago.

6-4 last 10..You are making your stand based on his last 2 fights and recency bias. You weren't here making any similar argument just 2 fights ago.
Ok...so he lost 2 decisions against two of the best guys in the world at their respective styles? No shame in it. I'm not even sure if Masvidal was fighting at Welter before these examples so not sure why you mention his 10 fight record.

is being great at nutrition control part of the fight game ?
It's make no sense to me, to be honest.

Is being great at strength and conditioning part of the fight game? the answer is here imo.

Diet and nutrition is 100% a part of the game, a big part.

I'm confused that anyone would not see diet and nutrition as fundamental in a sport separated by weight class.

Ok...so he lost 2 decisions against two of the best guys in the world at their respective styles? No shame in it. I'm not even sure if Masvidal was fighting at Welter before these examples so not sure why you mention his 10 fight record.

His last 10 were at WW. how are you even arguing moving up has worked out for him. You don't even know when he moved up.
Damn.

Is being great at strength and conditioning part of the fight game? the answer is here imo.

Diet and nutrition is 100% a part of the game, a big part.

I'm confused that anyone would not see diet and nutrition as fundamental in a sport separated by weight class.

I see your point, but strength and conditioning is part of your physical condition and in an athletic competition it's obviously part of your skills.

Weight cutting sounds more to me like artificially playing with your weight in order to "scam" the weight class system, and then gaining 20 pounds in 24 hours.

Not at all the same thing.

His last 10 were at WW. how are you even arguing moving up has worked out for him. You don't even know when he moved up.
Damn.
Edits thread

yeah didn't know when he moved up, i threw him in with a bunch of names initially though so let's not pretend the thread is about Masvidal.

Jorge fought at welterweight earlier in his career and he performs better at welterweight, more finishes there.

So many intriguing fights at WW for Khabib... Kamaru, TWood, Askren, Colby... I feel TWood would KO him clean. Which reminds me, wonder how middleweight Woodley would look.
He is a massive 155er, 170 is a realistic move for him. If he wants the big money fights, they are at 170lbs. A fight against Kamaru, Colby, Woodley, Masvidal, Askren or Diaz would be bigger than any matchup at LW that doesn’t include McGregor or Ferguson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back