Who are some Gracie Barra fighters in MMA right now?

Ben Saunders was a purple belt, and he was training/instructing at ATT Orlando on TUF, he taught me about butterfly guard, guy has great armbars!

Ben Saunders was a purple belt, and he was training/instructing at ATT Orlando on TUF, he taught me about butterfly guard, guy has great armbars!

So I'm curious: is that a GB tattoo he has on his arm? (I think is his arm)

I'm surprised to be the first to mention Kenny Florian.

there's a few more less know guys like Mikey Gomez, and others that weren't mentioned

Draculino is retired from MMA I'm pretty sure.

....No sir, in fact...Drac has had a few talks about fighting for Strikeforce on the Houston card..but nothing is close to being final. He is only 39, older for this game but he has said he has a fight or two left in him for sure and will be still be competing in Jiu-Jitsu still. He took a gold at pan ams in '08.

He had an injury that kept him out in '09 but hes been back in the saddle and training a lot lately.

Here is a pic I had for something that showed and named a lot of Dracs students that have done good either here or Brazil.

MMATEAM.jpg

This is a video from a couple years back that shows a lot of them training.

Are we talking Gracie Barra fight team?

Or guys who got their belts from Gracie Barra, who also fight MMA?

Either way, Draculino is both.

That was what I thought also.

a few years when Babalu moved to the GB MMA fight team, Carlos Gracie jnr was promoting this team as part of the GB stable but I have not heard much news about it for a while.

for real?

kenny was a real good bjj guy before he was on tuf.

gsp was under hollaner (sp?) or something like that. yes gsp even trained gi

Got his black belt under Bruno fernandes in Montreal. But is now under dahander (sp?) at renzo's. He stills drops by GB mtl on saturdays sometimes, or so I heard (I've never seen him there but I'm never there on wknds).

Awesome thread. Yeah can't believe it took so long to mention Kenny Florian.

for real?

kenny was a real good bjj guy before he was on tuf.

gsp was under hollaner (sp?) or something like that. yes gsp even trained gi

GSP got his blue and purple under Fabio Holanda, who is BTT Canada's instructor.

There was a beef with them a while back, thats why he went to Gracie Barra.

Gracie Barra is one of the major gyms in Alaska for MMA.

Julio Paulino out of Gracie Barra Anchorage , Middleweight Title Holder for the AFC (Alaska Fighting Championship)
Had 1 UFC Fight, another one soon hopefully.

Braulio Estima supposedly has an MMA fight coming up.

Back