Who’s the greatest LW of all time?

I like your posts man but..

Get Dustin the fuck out of here
Not saying hes all time great but I think top 15 isn't too absurd.
Eddie, Gathje and Max back to back is pretty great. Obviously not GOAT.

Not saying hes all time great but I think top 15 isn't too absurd.
Eddie, Gathje and Max back to back is pretty great. Obviously not GOAT.

Eddie is the worst male champ this past decade

JG is Unproven

And Max Is a FW who moved up for a fight.

JG is Unproven

Eddie was a bad UFC champ sure but his bellator run was amazing and he beat the 3 most relevant LW's in the world up to his loss to conor, Then added a harsh TKO over gatheje who's sparked out most of the divison so far.
He's pretty great. The Max statement while true I don't feel is too warranted. A lot of champs best wins are from fighters from other weight classes.

I realized that Lightweight has historically been a very strong division and it has some great names.

we have Khabib,Gomi,Mcgregor,Penn,Sakurai, Bendo, Ferguson and even Prime Melendez.

If someone put a gun to your head and forced you to say who you believe is the Greatest Lightweight in MMA history who would you say?
Conor easily

Right now it's Khabib, especially if he beats Tony, if Tony wins, then its Tony, Conor is nowhere near LW GOAT, he's 1-1 there, and hasn't defended the title, BJ Penn is a head of Conor.

At the moment Khabib, Then Tony, then Conor, then BJ.

Come at me

Not sure if trolling but let me say this. I try to be objective and I often defend McGregor here. But come on lol...

McGregor is 1-1 at actual LW. He's 3-2 if we count every 170 fight as current LW opponents, which I think is fair for Cerrone, but Nate has fought so infrequently and did fight at 170 for the cuck belt vs Masvidal, so...whatever, 3-2 with a legit belt.

Tony is awesome, but he hasn't even won a real belt at LW. Ridiculous to put him above Penn, and quite frankly even above Edgar as it stands, imo.

Khabib won the belt off Al Iaquinta and has defended twice against two former 145ers, neither of which were good wrestlers and one was coming off a big layoff. Facts are facts.

Khabib is the only one in position to surpass BJ Penn as it stands, Tony could but that requires him to win the belt and defend it at least 2-3+ times and retire on a big win streak probably. Penn is the answer, anyone saying anything other than Penn is either trolling, a Khabib bath tub lord, or a casual. Fax

Yes, and Tony hasn’t been a champion yet and I put him above Conor. But you don’t mind that do you?
Nobody will mind putting Ferguson up there, why is that?
Many real fans including myself will have a problem with conman being even in the discussion... why is that?

The one has proved himself over and over, the other is just hype and never proved himself at LW.

Idiots putting Conor anywhere....

Sherdog can be difficult sometimes

There is no goat at LW, the guys that made their runs from 2008 to 2018 that had the strongest stable of fighters weren't able to succeed to the point where one guy stood out.

First you had and Penn and Gomi, then you had Edgar and Bendo that took over and then the next group with RDA and Alverez. No one was able to string together a streak of dominance to put them at a clear goat like Silva, Jones, and GSP.

Khabib is in the drivers seat right now, he's one win away from cementing his status as LW goat. He will be the first clear LW goat. If Tony wins, then he's gotta defend 2-3 times.

And anyone saying BJ Penn.....No, just no. Please just stop this nonsense.

Probably Kabobs. But looking at records Gomi has some incredible streaks against good opponents. BJ was really good but a lot of his opposition at LW was kind of lack luster.

9 LW fights wins in a row, breaking the record for most LW title defenses in a row.

Some loses mixed in there at WW and other weights etc.

But we are talking about LW fighters.

Who ever you suggest is better , do they have WW, MW and Open weight (lhw vs machida) mixed in their resume??

Hold on a second there my friend....9 LW wins in a row? I watched Penn rise from the early 2000s and he did at any point win 9 LW fights in a row. Maybe 5 or 6 IIRC.

Penn is not LW goat, this perception really has to stop on here. He wasn't even the best LW of either period he fought in the UFC, early 2000s or late 2000s.

JG is Unproven

No he's not....that would be Pettis. Eddie was actually among the best.

Back