WHIZZER INTO ARMBAR (VIDEO)

Quiet Russian

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
A pretty unexpected attack from a low whizzer position. It might work if done in dynamics and you catch the momentum to pull it.

I've hit this off an uchi mata whizzer attempt a couple of times before. First time, guy got up cursing and frustrated, but I was on top of the world for the rest of training. Not something in my serious game by any stretch though.

Funny enough we call this a Russian Arm Bar where I train.

Cool video. I don't like how dmitri is grabbing the underhook all the way across his back instead of just hooking the shoulder though

Cool video. I don't like how dmitri is grabbing the underhook all the way across his back instead of just hooking the shoulder though
Its called the seat belt position. There was a period of about 3 years where Russia dominated everyone in Freestyle wrestling using this position until everyone caught up with the rules and how this played out.

It gives you way more control of the hips and inside hip positioning, but it limits both your upper and lower body attacks. You are in less danger of getting scored on, but you give up the whizzer and give up a lot of options to score.

Back