Whittaker's MW resume is arguably better than Silva's

None of silvas fights had questionable out comes. Whitaker has the highly debated Romero rematch and till fights which were not exactly as decisive as the ones you put on Silvas list.

In my opinion if you apply context, there's no way to debate Whitakers record to be superior logically, but you could argue it looks more attractive on paper i suppose.
I agree that Silva is ahead, but I would contest the idea that Whittaker vs Till was highly debated. It was a pretty clear decision for Whittaker.

I'm a massive Whittaker fan, and a massive Silva fan.

Silva is ahead, for now.

They are both great fighters. Silva is the clear MW GOAT.

Lets leave it at that for now. We can compare resumes when Whittaker is done fighting.

I disagree TS, and I actually love hating on silva fans. Silva's record is still better, but whittaker is one or two solid wins away from surpassing Silva in my books. One if the person he beats is Izzy, two if he beats just another two top ten guys. Either way, it seems inevitable that Whittaker's resume will have a lot more good wins on it than Silvas. Whittaker isn't even 30 yet.

I disagree TS, and I actually love hating on silva fans. Silva's record is still better, but whittaker is one or two solid wins away from surpassing Silva in my books. One if the person he beats is Izzy, two if he beats just another two top ten guys. Either way, it seems inevitable that Whittaker's resume will have a lot more good wins on it than Silvas. Whittaker isn't even 30 yet.
The winner of the Izzy - Whittaker rematch is the clear cut MW GOAT to me

I think Yoel arguably has a better resume than Silva also, because imo he beat Whittaker and Izzy

Silva's notable wins

Whittaker's wins
- Romero x2
- Jacare
- Cannonier
- Brunson
- Till
- Hall

Honestly among all GOAT contenders, Silva has the weakest resume by far. Whittaker, Yoel, and Izzy have cases for being above him on MW rankings.

Strikeforce had a better MW division than the UFC in 2013 and their top guys would've crushed Silva on the ground (Rockhold, Jacare, Kennedy).

I give Khabib a lot of shit but even his resume is better than Anderson's

uhhh

You saying that shows you clearly weren't watching the sport during Silva's run. Way to out yourself as a noob.
The amount of people that were picking Okami before their fight is something that people ignore...he was being hyped up as Chael with sub defense. Then he got mauled and everyone tried to say "well he was scared". As if that nullified the win

Day 1 Whittaker fan, but no silvas is more impressive. It’s not just who you beat but how you do it. Anderson is an ATG

Didn't need to put arguably in there imo.

Not even close lol. Till, Brunson, Hall and Canonieir are not top level MWs or proven top fighters. All Whitaker is left with is Romero and Jacare.

Anderson has a better resume between Rich 2x, Chael 2x, and Vitor. That's not even considering his other wins like Hendo.

Furthermore, Anderson actually beat these guys when the value of the fight was higher, title fights. His opponents had a high ranking. As opposed to some of Whitakers wins which don't match that.

In addition, Anderson was more dominant over his competition.

TS...please cut the BS, you're opinion is hilarious.

Last edited:
Lol- Andy beating hendo and vitor( a pretty damn good version of vitor) AND THE WAY HE BEAT THEM trumps any victory nyquil George accomplished.....and by a margin.
IF YOU'RE going to have the balls to say that then WHO THE FUCK DID GSP conquer?

This is what I'll never understand about u f--ing goobers.
Gsp has a way, way better resume. Winning with strikes when you're a striker doesn't get you "extra points" I made a thread with a poll asking the very question of who had a better resume, and Silva got stomped in the voting.

its crazy how much praise anderson gets for having such a weak resume.

ive mentioned earlier guys like romero and whittaker already have a much stronger resume than anderson did, and that prime anderson wouldnt even sniff the belt or get a title shot at middleweight when the stronger competition came along.

Imagine if he beats Stylebender in the future..... Resume would be untouchable....

It will never happen

its crazy how much praise anderson gets for having such a weak resume.

ive mentioned earlier guys like romero and whittaker already have a much stronger resume than anderson did, and that prime anderson wouldnt even sniff the belt or get a title shot at middleweight when the stronger competition came along.
People go on about his lhw fights. Yeah he fought there because the mw division sucked and had no contenders. Even with taking fights at lhw he fought some complete journeymen in some of his defenses.

Gsp has a way, way better resume. Winning with strikes when you're a striker doesn't get you "extra points" I made a thread with a poll asking the very question of who had a better resume, and Silva got stomped in the voting.

Anderson and GSP pretty much fought an equal level of competition. When will people realize this. You may put one over the other slightly depending on how you perceive their competition. But neither ones resume in their respective divisions is clearly better than the others.

Polls will favor GSP, we know that Anderson has a lot of people that don't like him. It's a fan favorite poll. Its the same with Fedor.

Silva's notable wins
- Henderson
- Vitor
- Franklin x2
- Maia
- Chael x2
- Marquardt

Whittaker's wins
- Romero x2
- Jacare
- Cannonier
- Brunson
- Till
- Hall

Honestly among all GOAT contenders, Silva has the weakest resume by far. Whittaker, Yoel, and Izzy have cases for being above him on MW rankings.

Strikeforce had a better MW division than the UFC in 2013 and their top guys would've crushed Silva on the ground (Rockhold, Jacare, Kennedy).

I give Khabib a lot of shit but even his resume is better than Anderson's
The autism is strong in this post

People go on about his lhw fights. Yeah he fought there because the mw division sucked and had no contenders. Even with taking fights at lhw he fought some complete journeymen in some of his defenses.
lol man, if you go through his middle weight title fights, only hendo and vitor are really the top best, chael comes in second tier with maia, but chael isnt that good. and then you get guys like marquardt, okami, franklin (lol at these three), and then you get the real bottom scrapers leites, cote and lutter...

and his 3 lhw fights, only dc was a legit good fighter, forrest semi journeyman, and irvin... i mean, cmon. nothing to brag about.

Anderson and GSP pretty much fought an equal level of competition. When will people realize this. You may put one over the other slightly depending on how you perceive their competition. But neither ones resume in their respective divisions is clearly better than the others.

Polls will favor GSP, we know that Anderson has a lot of people that don't like him. It's a fan favorite poll. Its the same with Fedor.
GSPs is much better. Anderson fans would love to cite polls if they favored Anderson. Since they don't, suddenly general consensus "doesn't count"

I was watching back then, and most people at the time weren't arguing the competition was equal. They were arguing that Silvas "dominance" put him ahead of gsp. It's revisionist history to say they faced equal competition. People certainly weren't saying it back then.

Back