Whittaker's MW resume is arguably better than Silva's

Silva stopped Hendo, Vitor , and Franklin before the end of the second round. Whittaker took his top opponents to decisions, some of which were controversial. And Anderson beat everyone else who was available for years.

Romero beat Whittaker’s ass in the second fight.

Romero I and Jacare are great wins. Maybe on par with Silva’s best wins. Silva was able to stay undefeated in the UFC for years, until he was nearly 40. Whittaker got starched badly in his prime. That’s the big difference.

No doubt though—Robert’s run was something special. Also fuck you for shitting on Omani.

Lol- Andy beating hendo and vitor( a pretty damn good version of vitor) AND THE WAY HE BEAT THEM trumps any victory nyquil George accomplished.....and by a margin.
IF YOU'RE going to have the balls to say that then WHO THE FUCK DID GSP conquer?

This is what I'll never understand about u f--ing goobers.

Yeah just like the way he beat Diaz and Bisping right?

Silva's notable wins
- Henderson
- Vitor
- Franklin x2
- Maia
- Chael x2
- Marquardt

Whittaker's wins
- Romero x2
- Jacare
- Cannonier
- Brunson
- Till
- Hall

Honestly among all GOAT contenders, Silva has the weakest resume by far. Whittaker, Yoel, and Izzy have cases for being above him on MW rankings.

Strikeforce had a better MW division than the UFC in 2013 and their top guys would've crushed Silva on the ground (Rockhold, Jacare, Kennedy).

I give Khabib a lot of shit but even his resume is better than Anderson's
hi noobie, Anderson got more than that if you look his whole MMA record since the beginning not only in the UFC, add to your list Okami, Carlos Newton, Alex Stiebling and Sakurai, those guys were among the best when they fought Silva

But Cannonier, Till and Brunson being some of Whitaker's "Top wins" is ok lol.
Yes, I'm a fan of Cannonier but he's only got 3 fightz at 185 if you discount the fight with Anderson. Till only has 2. Derek was hot at the time but reallly wasn't very technical and got by on his athleticism a bit and his power.

He's actually performing better now though. Okami is not the best but he was consistent and a solid contender.

Back