- Marquardt

Whittaker's wins
- Romero x2
- Jacare
- Cannonier
- Brunson
- Till
- Hall

Honestly among all GOAT contenders, Silva has the weakest resume by far. Whittaker, Yoel, and Izzy have cases for being above him on MW rankings.

Strikeforce had a better MW division than the UFC in 2013 and their top guys would've crushed Silva on the ground (Rockhold, Jacare, Kennedy).

I give Khabib a lot of shit but even his resume is better than Anderson's

Silva's resume is not gonna age well with time. A few fighters currently have better wins at MW currently.
I have to give it some more thought but he might not even be top 3 on my MW GOAT list

Silva's notable wins
- Henderson
- Vitor
- Franklin x2
- Maia
- Chael x2
- Marquardt

Whittaker's wins
- Romero x2
- Jacare
- Cannonier
- Brunson
- Till
- Hall

Honestly among all GOAT contenders, Silva has the weakest resume by far. Whittaker, Yoel, and Izzy have cases for being above him on MW rankings.

Strikeforce had a better MW division than the UFC in 2013 and their top guys would've crushed Silva on the ground (Rockhold, Jacare, Kennedy).

I give Khabib a lot of shit but even his resume is better than Anderson's
Lol- Andy beating hendo and vitor( a pretty damn good version of vitor) AND THE WAY HE BEAT THEM trumps any victory nyquil George accomplished.....and by a margin.
IF YOU'RE going to have the balls to say that then WHO THE FUCK DID GSP conquer?

This is what I'll never understand about u f--ing goobers.

Lol- Andy beating hendo and vitor( a pretty damn good version of vitor) AND THE WAY HE BEAT THEM trumps any victory nyquil George accomplished.....and by a margin.
IF YOU'RE going to have the balls to say that then WHO THE FUCK DID GSP conquer?

This is what I'll never understand about u f--ing goobers.
Why are you bringing up GSP in a MW GOAT thread?

And no, GSP's resume shits on Silva's

Silva didn't even fight TRT Vitor

Hendo in his prime would do very well against any of the opponents that Whittaker defeated except for Jacare (submissions) I think. Went toe-to-toe with a prime Rampage is a huge plus in his resume.

Sucks that Vitor wasn't in his TRT form when he faced off against SIlva though. He looked rather deflated in there.

I have to give it some more thought but he might not even be top 3 on my MW GOAT list
If youre going off resume alone....

But thats not the only thing you go on. Silva was just so much better than his competition. Khabib is gonna suffer the same fate aswell. Their overall resume's arent going to age well but that doesnt diminish what they accomplished and just how dominant they were.....

I still think Silva is number 1 MW ever, but you could easily argue the same for a few fighters in that weightclass.

Why are you bringing up GSP in a MW GOAT thread?

And no, GSP's resume shits on Silva's
I'm assuming ( which I shouldnt but I did cause I'm Franklin fucking u .....and that's what I do).

Lol:
Andy's drive by prison rapes > gsp's smotherfests .

I've become a Whitaker supporter ....I like and root for the cat but timing and circumstances on his side when he moved up. The first Romero fight was awesome. Obviously his resume is filled with wins but .........

He certainly has a good case. But impossible to place him higher, if you actually saw Silva in action back then. The competition may have been lackluster, but he also destoyed all of them. All the top contenders in the UFC. Many of the wins may have aged poorly Today, but cant despute guys like vitor and Hendo as absolute top tier wins at the time(and the way he got it done).

I do see the arguement that guys like Jacare and rockhold would have beat him, but we dont Know for sure, so cant judge it like that. All we know for certain is that Silva beat all the best MWs UFC had to offer, and he did it while holding the belt for many years, so obvious MW goat for that reason alone.

Back