Whittaker was actually busting wonderboy up a bit before the ko (full fight)

Busting him up is a bit of a stretch. They were trading pretty well but ST was landing straights while Whitaker was landing jabs.

I am a huge RL fan but I do think ST will present some problems he hasn't encountered lately. Roby is a beast in the pocket and in brawls, that won't be Thompsons game though. If he makes the same mistake as Hendricks did in expecting a brawl he could wind up getting KO'd. But I doubt he will make the same mistakes. Either way would love to see that fight happen.
Why you acting like whittaker only landed jabs?

Damn, for some reason I remembered the fight being one-sided for Wonderboy. Never realized how competitive it was. But man, Wonderboy has a sick fucking highlight reel.

Don't know what everyone else is seeing. Thompson beat him soundly and it wasn't really close at all. Ate some jabs, but big deal.

The first thing Whittaker landed was the best thing he landed.

Its like saying Aldo was doing good in the conor fight till the KO.

Whittaker is fast at 185 and has HEAVY hands. I think he'll be top5 by years end.

Whitaker landed some really nice jabs in their fight but missed with just about everything else. Meanwhile Thompson was countering with some nasty body kicks and 2-3 punch combinations. The jabs looked nice, but Thompson landed way more significant strikes.

Back