News Whittaker vs Adesanya to be in Melbourne.

Be a fucking insane card if Volk and the winner of Max and Frankie gets on it, plus Hooker and Iaquinta. Throw on Crute if he doesn't get my damage in his fight against Cirnukov, maybe bam bam and pedro as well and the place will sell out in seconds.

Adesanya is going to be one of the greats. He's going to rule the mw division and then go up and challenge Jones where I believe he will get it done because he has what it takes to beat him
With shit like that I can see why you think you're in Hogwarts Castle.

I'm pretty sure the afl grand final is the day before isn't it?

Edit: my bad dates wrong. Very stupid timing tbh
Timing should work on the day though with UFC early enough and the NRL grand Final that evening. Be interesting to see if it hurts numbers. If they stack the card with Volk's title shot along with the confirmed headliner plus Hooker and a few other Aussie names I think they'll sell out Marvel regardless.

Gonna be a sick card. Hopefully they throw Volkanovski and Hooker on there as well.

Stupid as fuck to put this on October 6 when there is nrl grand finally that day and Melbourne storm looking like they will win the cup this year also most sport fans in Melbourne will have spent their money the week before on the afl grand final. Very stupid decision by the ufc no way they reach more than 30000 on fight day

Also Bobby knuckles will probs pull out given his record of pulling out in Australia
Isn't that predicated on who makes both grand finals? If it's two interstate teams in the AFL I doubt it hurts numbers too much. I'm hoping they realize they need to stack the card to make up for less than optimal timing and as a corollary we get Volk on this card fighting for a title shot, plus Hooker and a few other names coupled with some local talent.

Scheduling Whittaker in an Aussie city seems to bring bad luck. Hope he shows up this time.

Whittalker in Australia again...

<6>

Isn't that predicated on who makes both grand finals? If it's two interstate teams in the AFL I doubt it hurts numbers too much. I'm hoping they realize they need to stack the card to make up for less than optimal timing and as a corollary we get Volk on this card fighting for a title shot, plus Hooker and a few other names coupled with some local talent.
storm look incredibly strong this year currently first with a 6 point margin. Cameron Smith doing everything to make the grand final and they probably will. As for AFL its huge in melbourne and that game guaranteed sellout at high prices with everyone else looking to go to bars or order out while in melbourne. I cant imagine melbourne citizens who have already paid for AFL the week before are going to support UFC the week after when there is another NRL team look to be headed in the finals. Its a bold move cotton

The location hadn't been confirmed, ye goof. If you actually read the tweet.
<[analyzed}>
its in fuc----ing australia, kangoroos and desert :) what do we need to read more? they have 2 cities. its in one or the other. sometimes, in the perth village

storm look incredibly strong this year currently first with a 6 point margin. Cameron Smith doing everything to make the grand final and they probably will. As for AFL its huge in melbourne and that game guaranteed sellout at high prices with everyone else looking to go to bars or order out while in melbourne. I cant imagine melbourne citizens who have already paid for AFL the week before are going to support UFC the week after when there is another NRL team look to be headed in the finals. Its a bold move cotton

The Melbourne Storm won't have any major impact on the UFC.

As for the AFL, you're making assumptions. First of all, public tickets are relatively scarce, due to the MCC, AFL members and corporate allocation. Secondly, the chance of one or both teams being interstate drastically reduces any local ticketing purchases.

Ultimately, the timing won't make any major difference to attendance or profit for the UFC.

Adesanya in 3 or 4. Robert will have a hard time with his length and will get chewed up and eventually dropped.

I met a famous fighters brother in the strip club after the fight took a photo with him and got kicked out. Good times. Will post after the event as I am going to go there again and see if he is there again haha

The Melbourne Storm won't have any major impact on the UFC.

As for the AFL, you're making assumptions. First of all, public tickets are relatively scarce, due to the MCC, AFL members and corporate allocation. Secondly, the chance of one or both teams being interstate drastically reduces any local ticketing purchases.

Ultimately, the timing won't make any major difference to attendance or profit for the UFC.
i disagree the members (MCC) only get first pick of the tickets. plus the general coverage of the following 2 weeks will all be about NRL and AFL. no way australian media is gonna shoehorn a UFC event just before the NRL grand final match

Izzy finna style.

They could either stack this and make a great card... Or they'll have the main event and a bunch of no name Oz fighters filling out the card.

Yay glad it's in Melbourne

Hopefully we get a stacked card cause of what happened at the last event here in Melbourne. Still it's always special when the UFC have fights here

Back