Whittaker pulling out theory (ringworm)

Yes you get major internal organ surgery to avoid a guy w/ a skin infection, good call there Sherlock.

Or you needed the surgery anyhow but after seeing your opponent had worms you decided not to risk losing your belt AND getting who knows what type of disease that could potentially affect your future earnings as well? Whittaker’s not even popular yet, he has more to lose than 500k

Just when I thought Sherdog couldn't be outdone... Well... I was wrong!

He faked an injury and received a surgery he didn't need to avoid ringworm. Seems legit.

I would rather have an unnecessary surgery than roll with a leper.

I have a theory that I don’t think is too far fetched. When Whitaker saw kelvins ringworm or whatever the hell that stuff was, either through the Embeddeds or the actual weigh ins, he used the most reasonable emergency exit excuse he could to get the hell out of the fight.

Nobody seems upset about the situation and it’s kind of weird. Whitaker looked jacked and ready to go. Just another shit happens kind of coincidence in the UFC or did someone intentionally stop this fight?

I will admit however that I put 0 research in to this theory and I don’t know what I’m talking about but what I do know is I wouldn’t want that man bleeding on me in a fight and I sure as hell wouldn’t have tried to RNC him.

“Never been prepared or more ready!!! Bring it on.”
-Robert Whitaker,
February 9th, 2019
Ringworm is no biggie, it's the same fungus as jock itch and athlete's foot. It is easily cleared with a cream. It's not like staph or herpes. However, we don't know exactly what is going on with Kelvin. I'm just saying that if it was only ringworm, it wouldn't be a problem. Thing is, it didn't look like ringworm.

I have a theory that I don’t think is too far fetched. When Whitaker saw kelvins ringworm or whatever the hell that stuff was, either through the Embeddeds or the actual weigh ins, he used the most reasonable emergency exit excuse he could to get the hell out of the fight.

Nobody seems upset about the situation and it’s kind of weird. Whitaker looked jacked and ready to go. Just another shit happens kind of coincidence in the UFC or did someone intentionally stop this fight?

I will admit however that I put 0 research in to this theory and I don’t know what I’m talking about but what I do know is I wouldn’t want that man bleeding on me in a fight and I sure as hell wouldn’t have tried to RNC him.

“Never been prepared or more ready!!! Bring it on.”
-Robert Whitaker,
February 9th, 2019

Dickheads like you give this place a bad name.

Or you needed the surgery anyhow but after seeing your opponent had worms you decided not to risk losing your belt AND getting who knows what type of disease that could potentially affect your future earnings as well? Whittaker’s not even popular yet, he has more to lose than 500k
So in your head ringworm is more concerning to your long term value than fighting with a hernia. Gotcha...

Ringworm is no biggie, it's the same fungus as jock itch and athlete's foot. It is easily cleared with a cream. It's not like staph or herpes. However, we don't know exactly what is going on with Kelvin. I'm just saying that if it was only ringworm, it wouldn't be a problem. Thing is, it didn't look like ringworm.
Kevin said it was staph on an interview

lol these guys have been rolling around on mats their entire lives, do you really think they are scared of ringworm. Tony fought Kevin Lee with staph on his chest. More than likely it just he got injured and had to pull out, the real question is should he be stripped.

edit: my bad didn’t realize it was staph i heard it was only ringworm

Last edited:
Ringworm is not life threatning. Rob would have still beat his ass without blinking about it. Pussies like yourselves would bow out from a title fight because of a skin infection. Fuck you and your rat “inside sources”
it wasn't ringworm

Gastelum was on ESPN’s Ariel Helwani Show and went into detail on the staph situation.

”I was fighting this staph infection on my face, on my body, the entire week,” he said. “I was on antibiotics the entire week fighting this thing. The UFC doctors were gracious and handling it well and they were real happy with how the infection on my skin was going away and how it’d be okay to fight. The commission was okay with letting me fight. Everything was on track, man. It was just devastating. To go through all that process, to go through all that work and not be able to fight and compete ... man, it was horrible.”

it wasn't ringworm

Gastelum was on ESPN’s Ariel Helwani Show and went into detail on the staph situation.

”I was fighting this staph infection on my face, on my body, the entire week,” he said. “I was on antibiotics the entire week fighting this thing. The UFC doctors were gracious and handling it well and they were real happy with how the infection on my skin was going away and how it’d be okay to fight. The commission was okay with letting me fight. Everything was on track, man. It was just devastating. To go through all that process, to go through all that work and not be able to fight and compete ... man, it was horrible.”
Oh what the fuck... my bad...that is fucked up. Nasty little shit that kelvin

Ringworm is literally just a fungus it’s not serious at all and is the same thing as athletes foot. Now staph is more serious if that’s what he really had

Maybe not used it as an excuse as much as he might have just said fuck it I need the surgery and the timing is right.
Hes already got medical issues a staph infection and parasitic worms wont help him in a fight or life in general.
The sport is fucking dirty right now.
No credible drug testing and obviously no concern for fighter health in the long or short term.

Ringworm is literally just a fungus it’s not serious at all and is the same thing as athletes foot. Now staph is more serious if that’s what he really had
"Just some athletes foot on me face lads... Lets wrastle!"
<{blankeye}>

Back