Whittaker Laughs at Style: He's Mentally Weak (Thin Skin and Hates Getting Hit)

Will Robert mentally break Style?

• Total voters
Fuckin hell some of you guys/girls are triggered little bitches. Rob knows NO fight at this level is easy and he's just taking the piss and enjoying the game before they fight.

robert owns him the other kid is way to new to this game tbh weidman rapes him and jacare and all wrestlers who wana take him down kelvin isnt a true mma wrestler and hes till double legged him with a massive size disadvantage i wish weidman or rockhold ajc could fight him it would be funny seeing his guard passed at will

When fighters say "he hates getting hit" i'm always like WTF. you think any fighter really wants to get hit and enjoys it, don't believe that fake psycho I dont care about getting hit I enjoy it, all of them would sign off on a 10 second KO in 1st round each and every time.
Max might actually enjoy it, Diego Sanchez as well lol.

Robert Whittaker Says Adesanya Isn't Tough Enough to Take His Belt

Can you see Adesanya Hanging with Romero?

“Nothing new at all,” Whittaker told Submission Radio. “I feel that that fight showed exactly what I’ve been saying the whole time. I think he’s (Adesanya) great, but he doesn’t like getting hit, he doesn’t look great going backwards, and I just don’t think he’s as good as he thinks he is.

"Let me be clear: that’s not putting it on him, because I know he gets very upset whenever I say anything negative about him *laughs*, but I’m saying it was a great fight, he showed a lot of heart and technically he’s amazing, but yeah, he got hit, he got hit and he got hurt. And if Gastelum can hit and hurt him, I can hit and hurt him.

“Definitely, [Gastelum would have been a harder fight for me]. Now, I’m not saying that Adesanya is an easy fight for me. I think stylistically he matches up much better with my own style. Stylistically, I always wanted to fight Adesanya. Gastelum is just a keg. He’s a keg. When I was watching him fight Adesanya, that’s the fight that I was expecting when I was gonna fight Gastelum. Like, that’s the fight I had prepped for 12 weeks, and like, that’s the fight I had in mind when I was almost gonna fight him in Melbourne. And I’m happy, I’m very happy Adesanya had that fight *laughs*.”

“Fighting takes a lot out of you, and a fight like that with Gastelum takes a lot of you,” Whittaker said. “A lot, a lot out of you. And yeah, your neural systems go to places they shouldn’t in fight situations. It’s very intense, and I think fighting this much will start to wear him down. I think it will start to show. I feel like it started to show in the Gastelum fight.

“I think he’s had a lot of fights. That last fight was a war and I intend to exploit that. When he got hit, when he got hurt, he just didn’t want to be there. He just didn’t want to be there. That’s what I saw. He just looked like he didn’t want to be there.”
Whittaker will beat him, but not mentally break him.

“Nothing new at all,” Whittaker told Submission Radio. “I feel that that fight showed exactly what I’ve been saying the whole time. I think he’s (Adesanya) great, but he doesn’t like getting hit, he doesn’t look great going backwards, and I just don’t think he’s as good as he thinks he is.

"Let me be clear: that’s not putting it on him, because I know he gets very upset whenever I say anything negative about him *laughs*, but I’m saying it was a great fight, he showed a lot of heart and technically he’s amazing, but yeah, he got hit, he got hit and he got hurt. And if Gastelum can hit and hurt him, I can hit and hurt him.

“Definitely, [Gastelum would have been a harder fight for me]. Now, I’m not saying that Adesanya is an easy fight for me. I think stylistically he matches up much better with my own style. Stylistically, I always wanted to fight Adesanya. Gastelum is just a keg. He’s a keg. When I was watching him fight Adesanya, that’s the fight that I was expecting when I was gonna fight Gastelum. Like, that’s the fight I had prepped for 12 weeks, and like, that’s the fight I had in mind when I was almost gonna fight him in Melbourne. And I’m happy, I’m very happy Adesanya had that fight *laughs*.”

“Fighting takes a lot out of you, and a fight like that with Gastelum takes a lot of you,” Whittaker said. “A lot, a lot out of you. And yeah, your neural systems go to places they shouldn’t in fight situations. It’s very intense, and I think fighting this much will start to wear him down. I think it will start to show. I feel like it started to show in the Gastelum fight.

“I think he’s had a lot of fights. That last fight was a war and I intend to exploit that. When he got hit, when he got hurt, he just didn’t want to be there. He just didn’t want to be there. That’s what I saw. He just looked like he didn’t want to be there.”
Where does he say he is mentally weak?

I doubt (I hope) that Whittaker doesn't really believe this. Adesanya showed a ton of heart against Gastelum and was at his strongest at the very end of the fight where a mentally weak person would have long since checked out.

giphy.gif

wtf is style?

Look at you guy shitting all over Whitaker because he's a our to fight your new favorite lol. So predictable

Whittaker is projecting some insecurities here I feel.. talking how Adesanya took too much damage and it will show.

Well Rob himself went to war against Romero twice and had other health issues aswell, so by his logic he's in a worse spot than Izzy?
I agree, it feels very out of place for Whitaker to say something like this. Perhaps he recalls the loss to a technical striker in WB and thinks it will be a difficult match for him.

Fake news!
Have you guys watched the interview in full?

Can't see a problem with anything he said. No smack talk, no disrespect, just honesty.

"but yeah, he got hit, he got hit and he got hurt. When he got hit, when he got hurt, he just didn’t want to be there. He just didn’t want to be there. That’s what I saw. He just looked like he didn’t want to be there."

Robert_Whittaker_vs._Stephen_Thompson_1.gif

5th-round.gif

CreamyInsidiousAfricanwilddog-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif
He's the only one to survive Yoel "I Love The Juice" Romero which he did twice, overcoming a knee injury and a broken hand.

The Wonderboy fight was when he was young and green and cutting too much weight. Israel is almost 30.

So going limp from Yoels blows was a sign your body liked getting hit?
Look at you guy shitting all over Whitaker because he's a our to fight your new favorite lol. So predictable
look at you not be able to complete a coherent sentence. So pathetic.

He's the only one to survive Yoel "I Love The Juice" Romero which he did twice, overcoming a knee injury and a broken hand.

The Wonderboy fight was when he was young and green and cutting too much weight. Israel is almost 30.
So being green is based on experience or age? I can’t tell from your post. Oh that’s right, we have to explain his embarrassing loss. Had he won that fight against Thompson none of this would be brought up. Sounds weak minded and thin skinned to me.
Funny how excuses work.

Bobbert has been running it more than ever lately.

I want to place money on him getting hurt and not making it to the fight

"but yeah, he got hit, he got hit and he got hurt. When he got hit, when he got hurt, he just didn’t want to be there. He just didn’t want to be there. That’s what I saw. He just looked like he didn’t want to be there."

Robert_Whittaker_vs._Stephen_Thompson_1.gif

5th-round.gif

CreamyInsidiousAfricanwilddog-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif
InfatuatedImmediateDromaeosaur-size_restricted.gif

Back