Whittaker Laughs at Style: He's Mentally Weak (Thin Skin and Hates Getting Hit)

Will Robert mentally break Style?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Robert Whittaker Says Adesanya Isn't Tough Enough to Take His Belt

Can you see Adesanya Hanging with Romero?

“Nothing new at all,” Whittaker told Submission Radio. “I feel that that fight showed exactly what I’ve been saying the whole time. I think he’s (Adesanya) great, but he doesn’t like getting hit, he doesn’t look great going backwards, and I just don’t think he’s as good as he thinks he is.

"Let me be clear: that’s not putting it on him, because I know he gets very upset whenever I say anything negative about him *laughs*, but I’m saying it was a great fight, he showed a lot of heart and technically he’s amazing, but yeah, he got hit, he got hit and he got hurt. And if Gastelum can hit and hurt him, I can hit and hurt him.

“Definitely, [Gastelum would have been a harder fight for me]. Now, I’m not saying that Adesanya is an easy fight for me. I think stylistically he matches up much better with my own style. Stylistically, I always wanted to fight Adesanya. Gastelum is just a keg. He’s a keg. When I was watching him fight Adesanya, that’s the fight that I was expecting when I was gonna fight Gastelum. Like, that’s the fight I had prepped for 12 weeks, and like, that’s the fight I had in mind when I was almost gonna fight him in Melbourne. And I’m happy, I’m very happy Adesanya had that fight *laughs*.”

“Fighting takes a lot out of you, and a fight like that with Gastelum takes a lot of you,” Whittaker said. “A lot, a lot out of you. And yeah, your neural systems go to places they shouldn’t in fight situations. It’s very intense, and I think fighting this much will start to wear him down. I think it will start to show. I feel like it started to show in the Gastelum fight.

“I think he’s had a lot of fights. That last fight was a war and I intend to exploit that. When he got hit, when he got hurt, he just didn’t want to be there. He just didn’t want to be there. That’s what I saw. He just looked like he didn’t want to be there.”

Whatever. Whittaker doesn't have the mental fortitude to French kiss Israel's grey haired buddy for even five minutes.

Didnt Australian Cain get finished by a 170 pounder

Just make it to the fight Bob. Your win/loss record is terrible outside of the cage.

Here we go with everyone disregarding Whittaker because he's not a flashy spinny outwardly cringy personality

There won't be any relief until he takes care of business

Which he will. LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT!

First time I’ve ever really heard Whittaker talk shit, it’s strange and out of character. It’s also telling, probably moreso than he thinks.

"but yeah, he got hit, he got hit and he got hurt. When he got hit, when he got hurt, he just didn’t want to be there. He just didn’t want to be there. That’s what I saw. He just looked like he didn’t want to be there."

Robert_Whittaker_vs._Stephen_Thompson_1.gif

5th-round.gif

CreamyInsidiousAfricanwilddog-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

"It’s very intense, and I think fighting this much will start to wear him down. I think it will start to show. I feel like it started to show in the Gastelum fight."

you're one to talk. lol

Romero took years off your life bruh

Hoping Rob can stay healthy cause he has some great fights ahead of him.
I like Israel, but I've been team Reaper for a long time.
Going to be one hell of a fight that's for sure.

WAR WHITTAKER!

Whitaker dominates. If he gets healthy. That's a big if though. You cant let a division get held up because the champion physically can't fight. Even if he is the best in the division.

[QUOTE="ultrasonic, post: 151268947, member: 347137"

giphy.gif
[/QUOTE]
{<jordan}

But, did he look like he wanted to be there?

When fighters say "he hates getting hit" i'm always like WTF. you think any fighter really wants to get hit and enjoys it, don't believe that fake psycho I dont care about getting hit I enjoy it, all of them would sign off on a 10 second KO in 1st round each and every time.

He's not wrong tbf, he's so used to not getting hit that he can't hack it, Whitt is too accurate and too game for Israel, and he has far superior kickboxing to Gastelum who did cause Israel problems

Fighters shouldn't do this because it might not go that way.

When fighters say "he hates getting hit" i'm always like WTF. you think any fighter really wants to get hit and enjoys it, don't believe that fake psycho I dont care about getting hit I enjoy it, all of them would sign off on a 10 second KO in 1st round each and every time.
I think it's less about enjoyment and more about not caring, plenty of fighters are willing to take one to give one back, I think he means that he's so used to not getting hit with his movement that he panics somewhat when he is tagged

There are levels to getting hit
Mark hunt talked about how he takes pain and puts it outside his head. Getting beaten from the age of a baby and being in hundreds of street fights makes for a different mentality

What Whittaker means, is that he has more stomach for this shit.

It's undeniable when you consider he thrived through 10 rounds of Romero vs. IZZY getting bloated lips from 5 rounds of Gastelum'.

The real fun starts for Adesanya if he's able to beat Whitaker.

Back