Whittaker isn’t ducking Adesanya.

He was for his last 3 fights. Literally said he didn’t want to fight for the title. Maybe it’s different today but he never wanted the rematch after he lost or his next fight or his next fight.

He was for his last 3 fights. Literally said he didn’t want to fight for the title. Maybe it’s different today but he never wanted the rematch after he lost or his next fight or his next fight.
For his last 3 fights? He wasn't even in the conversation until he beat Cannonier. Stop with the bullshit.

For his last 3 fights? He wasn't even in the conversation until he beat Cannonier. Stop with the bullshit.
This. The last one he would’ve had maybe 4 weeks after quarantine to train. Smart man to know he needs more time.

Instead of ducking maybe its strategy. He lost the last time they fought so he might be changing his training up to learn new things and fix some bad habits. Wants to try them out before going for the gold again. If he lost again the Izzy no way he gets a shot at the gold again until izzy is gone. Not a bad plan.

Of course hes not ducking, but I dont think he likes to play by Adesanyas rules and would rather fight him when he feels it is the best time for it. Just hard to do that when you are not the champion anymore.

McGregor v Diaz 2 strats... Nothing wrong with that

This. I think he just wants to stay active and when their schedules line up he'll fight him again. He wanted to earn a rematch. He's done more than enough to earn one at this point.

I don't think he wanted to earn a rematch.... I'm sure like most, he'd take one that immediately if it made sense. If he had been offered a immediate rematch and the dates worked out for him, I'd sure Whittaker would be all over it. Good on him for saying no when it didn't fit for him though... that takes balls because as Karo Parysian showed, sometimes you don't get a second chance.

It really shouldn't be too hard to find a date to fight Israel though. If given the chance, he'd fight more times in a year than Donald Cerrone.

Whittaker run as the champ was the worst thing that ever happend to MW.
great fighter no doubt but keep him away form the belt

Not buying it and I like rob but quack quack quack
Because he refused a short notice fight with a monthish turn around, which would have been preceded by 2 weeks of isolation in quarantine whilst dealing with ligament damaged hands? I assume you've got to be trolling otherwise that was an incredibly shit take.

Whittaker run as the champ was the worst thing that ever happend to MW.
great fighter no doubt but keep him away form the belt
So you're saying you wouldn't give him a title shot? Guy's clearly earned his rematch unlike entitled divas like Masvidal.

Back