Whittaker : "I was more hurting myself hitting him than getting hit"

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
“There were reports saying that Rockhold said when he fought him he felt like he was kicking and punching concrete,” Whittaker said. “I can 100 percent verify that. This time around when I was fighting and throwing the punches and kicks, I was kicking him clean and my foot was coming back sore. It looked like I was more hurting myself hitting him than getting hit. He’s a tough guy, he’s a very tough guy.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/6/...ert-whittaker-not-interested-in-third-meeting

And here is a great highlight from that perspective

Anyway you scored it....what a fucking fight. Wow. Hats off to both guys.

FTR: I had 48-47 Yoel

lol

And I suppose him stanky-legging and getting decked was him "hurting himself" on Yoels fists, too?

I'm sure his fan-boys will agree though.

"Such a CLEAR win for Whittaker here. ZERO need for a 3rd fight."

asian-troll-face.jpg

The reason he feels this way at 40+ while nobody else does is pretty obvious, he already popped once because of it and cheated the system on a technicality.

The reason he feels this way at 40+ while nobody else does is pretty obvious, he already popped once because of it and cheated the system on a technicality.

It's fairly obvious he's being allowed to cheat at this point...

Freak genetics = USADA loop hole

Romero's tough as fuck, but he looked beat to hell in his hospital bed. The Boogeyman is human.

lol

And I suppose him stanky-legging and getting decked was him "hurting himself" on Yoels fists, too?

asian-troll-face.jpg

Did you know that MMA fights are scored by the round?

I get people thinking he dopes, but attributing his durability to PEDs is ridiculous.

lol

asian-troll-face.jpg

I saw a guy here on Sherdog claiming Whittaker clowned Romero... For real.

I get people thinking he dopes, but attributing his durability to PEDs is ridiculous.
I think they can definitely help physical durability. But for the most part there's gotta be a mental fortitude there to always press on no matter how much something stings. PED's can't really help that.

“There were reports saying that Rockhold said when he fought him he felt like he was kicking and punching concrete,” Whittaker said. “I can 100 percent verify that. This time around when I was fighting and throwing the punches and kicks, I was kicking him clean and my foot was coming back sore. It looked like I was more hurting myself hitting him than getting hit. He’s a tough guy, he’s a very tough guy.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/6/...ert-whittaker-not-interested-in-third-meeting

And here is a great highlight from that perspective

Yet Joe Rogan keeps repeating his bare knuckle MMA idea.

Amazing fight, my brother is a casual and is always complaining about UFC being boring (ever time he watches a fight it's always tends to be grapple fuck fight) but he was losing his shit over this 1

Regardless of who you think won, if Romero got the nod the MW division would be such a mess. Im glad he didnt.

Make weight on your first try, dont be dumb.

Whittaker has won 2 times against him, back of the line for Romero.

Whittaker was injured in both fights and still beat him.Fool
In fairness he was only injured going into the first (already had the knee injury)
In the second he got injured in the fight bc Romero was using his elbows well to defend.

It was masterful and worked and can always result in a hand break.
Romero also got to injured his eye was fucked.

Romero’s rounds won were better then Whitaker’s.
So a draw is fair in that fight.

Its 1 win 1 draw. Ether way Whittaker is ahead.

Back