Whittaker has fought 1 guy in the last 2 years

Lol at this post. Literally beat the scariest guy in the UFC twice. I get the dude has injuries, but know need to shit on him. I just joined this forum and left the UG because trash post like this.
You joined Sherdog to get away from trash posts???
giphy.gif

Forrest Whittaker has faced 1 man in the last 2 years. A guy in his 40s with stamina and weight cutting issues. And in one of those contests it’s greatly argued that he lost.

In that same span, Israel Adesayna has fought 8 men

Prior to Whittaker’s last two fights (in which he tried to imitate Kevin Lee’s stank leg to great success), other than an aging Jacare, he has beaten nobody but journeymen and gatekeepers. He even got TKOd by a guy who just got KOd clean by a featherweight on a losing streak.

Can someone remind me of why Whittaker is so great again?
Whittaker fought the BEST guy in the division and beat him twice.
Israel has fought 2 top fighters in Kelvin and Siva. No Brunson is not top of the division.
Israel arguably lost to Vettori.

Having said that I think they should fight next because Whittaker already beat Jacare.

Going the velasquez route... beat 2 guys (even if he actually lost to one before) repeatedly and be called GOAT by some.

Forrest Whittaker has faced 1 man in the last 2 years. A guy in his 40s with stamina and weight cutting issues. And in one of those contests it’s greatly argued that he lost.

In that same span, Israel Adesayna has fought 8 men

Prior to Whittaker’s last two fights (in which he tried to imitate Kevin Lee’s stank leg to great success), other than an aging Jacare, he has beaten nobody but journeymen and gatekeepers. He even got TKOd by a guy who just got KOd clean by a featherweight on a losing streak.

Can someone remind me of why Whittaker is so great again?
you are an actual retard

You’re right. Needs to be more active.

I just got diagnosed with a hernia. It suddenly started hurting and I must have surgery soon. I'm no fighter, but I have to avoid all physical labor as much as possible to avoid extreme pain. I have respect for Whittaker.

As far as his match-ups. He didn't shy away from anyone.

2017 #7 Whittaker versus #5 Souza
2017 #4 Whittaker versus #3 Romero
2018 #1 Whitaker versus #2 Romero (fought for belt after GSP bowed out)

Looks fine to me. It is always a bummer when any one gets injured, but no need to create a shitting parade.

it just doesn't feel like he's the champ. it feels more like there is no champ at 185 at all.
he's never in the media, he never fights.....he was just handed i guess the real belt after GSP won and subsequently vacated one of the the only lineal titles remaining in UFC?

i don't even know where to begin with the interim belt horse shit

it just doesn't feel like he's the champ. it feels more like there is no champ at 185 at all.
he's never in the media, he never fights.....he was just handed i guess the real belt after GSP won and subsequently vacated one of the the only lineal titles remaining in UFC?

i don't even know where to begin with the interim belt horse shit

GSP screwed up the MW division. They should have never done the fight versus #10 belt holder Bisping without him locked in versus #1 contender as well. Bisping was never a true champion either. That was when the division got held ransom. It has never recovered since then.

200-1.gif
This is me after reading the forums on sherdog lately

He has attempted to fight just as often as the rest of the Top 5 until he got injured.
Yeh man I’m not saying he doesn’t want to. I’m sure Cain wants to be in there too but it’s annoying as shit. Want more fights

Sherdog continuously sleeps on Whittaker. He's the best middleweight in the world. Israel is great, I like him a lot, but you can't pretend he's faced better competition than Whittaker in his rise to the top. Whittaker was the top guy in the division even before the Bisping/GSP fight, and he still is.

Yeh man I’m not saying he doesn’t want to. I’m sure Cain wants to be in there too but it’s annoying as shit. Want more fights

I agree, but most of what has happened was the UFC's fault.

They need to stop these Super Fights and Double Belt attempts. As an example, now that Max just lost at LW it will probably be an additional six months before he defends at FW.

EDIT* I think the case regarding Cain is different. He should retire. His knees are shot. Giving him something on the Main Card is stupid.

Not to mention Whittaker has never actually been in an official UFC Championship fight.

Not to mention Whittaker has never actually been in an official UFC Championship fight.
hahaha I am adding you to the retard list. Robs fault romero missed weight and got hernia

Back