Whittaker has a case to to be #2 greatest MW ever

I don’t have a strong opinion on the Wandy fights. The one at 190 I don’t have a huge issue counting as it’s pretty close to MW. But maybe Franklin and Vitor should both be lower. Maybe a better list would be:
1. Anderson Silva
2. Gegard Mousasi
3. Dan Henderson
4. Israel Adesanya
5. Luke Rockhold
6. Chris Weidman
7. Robert Whitaker
8. Rich Franklin
9. Jacare Souza
10. Michael Bisping

Mousasi's highest ranked win at MW is Weidman in a losing streak.
Weidman, Rockhold, Adesanya or Whittaker have more top5 wins at MW and actually touches UFC gold, which is the only reason why you rank Franklin in the top10. His best win at MW in terms of caliber of opponent was Yushin Okami, in a extremely close decision, and not for the tittle

Aging Jacare I guess. Till and Cannonier are...ok wins. Brunson and Tavares don’t mean much.

Til and Cannonier would either of them easily be top3 win at MW for Mousasi, who you rank #2 MW of all-time.
Brunson and Tavares were ranked about as high if not higher when they got KOed by Whittaker than Leites or Phillipou when Mousasi took them decision. You say the dont mean much. Cut this ridiculous bias.

Mousasi beat Vitor, Henderson and Machida (SD) much, much more in the decline than anybody Bobby ever faced.

Whittaker and Mousasi have two common opponents - Jacare and Hall. Mousasi got finished by both, also lost to Lovato Jr and Machida while Rob only got beat by the champion.

Til and Cannonier would either of them easily be top3 win at MW for Mousasi, who you rank #2 MW of all-time.
Brunson and Tavares were ranked about as high if not higher when they got KOed by Whittaker than Leites or Phillipou when Mousasi took them decision. You say the dont mean much. Cut this ridiculous bias.

Mousasi beat Vitor, Henderson and Machida (SD) much, much more in the decline than anybody Bobby ever faced.

Whittaker and Mousasi have two common opponents - Jacare and Hall. Mousasi got finished by both, also lost to Lovato Jr and Machida while Rob only got beat by the champion.
Till would be top 3 win for Mousasi? LOOOOOOOOL

You know that he has only 1 win at MW which is by split decision against Kelvin who is 1-4 in his last 5 fights.

Never go full retard dude

Yes, Henderson did lose to Misaki.
Lol I must be getting old, I completely forgot about their 2nd fight. I had to look that shit up just now. <45>
Mousasi's highest ranked win at MW is Weidman in a losing streak.
Weidman, Rockhold, Adesanya or Whittaker have more top5 wins at MW and actually touches UFC gold, which is the only reason why you rank Franklin in the top10. His best win at MW in terms of caliber of opponent was Yushin Okami, in a extremely close decision, and not for the tittle

Dude...stop trying to make Whitaker a Top 5 MW all time. He’s just not. I’ve compared their resumes already, Whitaker’s doesn’t hold a candle to Mousasi’s.
  • Tavares was not ranked higher, he was #14.
  • The 2 guys you listed who stopped Mousasi have also been stopped by Mousasi.
  • It’s a little silly to use Moose not being UFC champ against him, when they parted ways when he was due for a title shot. Tbf, Moose’s fluky loss to Hall set him back. But he’s also a DREAM and Bellator MW champ, his total number of defenses blows Whitaker out of the water, and his ranked wins throughout all orgs obliterates Whitaker as well.
WHITAKER’s good wins: Yoel, Jacare, Brunson, Till, Cannonier, Hall, Tavares, Rafael Natal.

MOUSASI’s good wins: Hector Lombard, Kang, Manhoef, Jacare, Munoz, Phillipou, Leites, Santos, Hall, Weidman, Hendo, Vitor, Schlemenko, Carvalho, Rory, Machida, and Lima.

This is not close. Mousasi > Whitaker, easily.

Lol I must be getting old, I completely forgot about their 2nd fight. I had to look that shit up just now. <45>

Dude...stop trying to make Whitaker a Top 5 MW all time. He’s just not. I’ve compared their resumes already, Whitaker’s doesn’t hold a candle to Mousasi’s.
  • It’s a little silly to use Moose not being UFC champ against him, when they parted ways when he was due for a title shot. Tbf, Moose’s fluky loss to Hall set him back. But he’s also a DREAM and Bellator MW champ, his total number of defenses blows Whitaker out of the water, and his ranked wins throughout all orgs obliterates Whitaker as well.
WHITAKER’s good wins: Yoel, Jacare, Brunson, Till, Cannonier, Hall, Tavares, Rafael Natal.

MOUSASI’s good wins: Hector Lombard, Kang, Manhoef, Jacare, Munoz, Phillipou, Leites, Santos, Hall, Weidman, Hendo, Vitor, Schlemenko, Carvalho, Rory, Machida, and Lima.

You're really gonna waste your time with a guy that said Till would be a top 3 win for Mousasi. Till only has 1 win at MW which is by split decision against Kelvin who is 1-4 in his last 5 fights. Till never accomplished much at WW as well.

Lima is a way better win than Till, if we have to compare them. Lima has a full resume of good wins at WW. Till has 1 good win at WW. Lima is a multiple time champ, Till was never a champ.

Lima also won a MW GP including a win over Hester who Rob's fans have him listed on his GREAT WINS

You're really gonna waste your time with a guy that said Till would be a top 3 win for Mousasi. Till only has 1 win at MW which is by split decision against Kelvin who is 1-4 in his last 5 fights. Till never accomplished much at WW as well.

Lima is a way better win than Till, if we have to compare them. Lima has a full resume of good wins at WW. Till has 1 good win at WW. Lima is a multiple time champ, Till was never a champ.

Lima also won a MW GP including a win over Hester who Rob's fans have him listed on his GREAT WINS

Mousasi himself acknowledged Lima as a top3 win in his career. Who are the three wins of Mousasi at MW that are so clearly better than Till? Stop pretending fangirl

Moose fanboys will cry about how great he is when his wins at middleweight are mediocre at best. Wow congrats he beat weidman after he got 2 career changing stoppages. Amazing truly better then Whittaker beating Yoel twice.

Mousasi himself acknowledged Lima as a top3 win in his career. Who are the three wins of Mousasi at MW that are so clearly better than Till? Stop pretending fangirl
All of them have better wins than Till. What exactly did Till achieve in his career? Got slept by a LW and won a split over a washed up guy?

Look at his resume, just because he's ranked high in the UFC (because Dana is seeking for the next British star) doesn't mean he would be a good win on Mousasi's record.

All of them have better wins than Till. What exactly did Till achieve in his career? Got slept by a LW and won a split over a washed up guy?

Look at his resume, just because he's ranked high in the UFC (because Dana is seeking for the next British star) doesn't mean he would be a good win on Mousasi's record.

If you watched Till fight, including vs Rob himself, or vs Wonderboy or Kelvin, you would know how ridiulous it is your shertard assesment based on his record. But you don't know.

If you watched Till fight, including vs Rob himself, or vs Wonderboy or Kelvin, you would know how ridiulous it is your shertard assesment based on his record. But you don't know.
Tibau is the best win a LW can have on their record because he had a close fight with Khabib, right? This is the same logic

I expected more from you. No need to reply back

Dude Rory and Lima both have 0 relevant wins at MW LOL. Hendo, Vitor and Machida were all old as sin when Moose beat them.
Prime Machida vs Prime Moose...
Lyoto_Machida_vs._Gegard_Mousasi_3.gif

Not to mention in the Jacare rematch (the one that didn't end in a out of nowhere upkick) Souza lynched Gegards ass
jacaresubfoxwoods.jpg

Whittaker's wins over Yoel dwarf almost all of Moose's wins by a fucking lightyear. Not to mention guys like Jacare and hell even Brunson dwarf dudes like Leites and Dennis Kang who's claim to fame is beating up Gono?
I love Moose but he is one of the most overrated fighters ever. Cult like Fanbase along with it. People say Moose has the best boxing/kickboxing at middleweight but neglect the fact Schelemnko and Lyoto whooped his ass easily. If moose can't get his Jab going he loses badly.

Adesanya is earlier in his career tho (despite being older).

Whittaker has an amazing record. Izzy might have his number and beat him every time.. but Robert has done some heavy lifting in his career and that has to be respected.

He definitely does not. Sherdog is ridiculous sometimes. Whitaker beats a dude who’s lost 3 of his last 4, and suddenly he should be ranked all time above Silva, Hendo, Mousasi, Franklin, Belfort... wtf.

100% agree. Wins over Gastelum and Till do absolutely nothing for me in terms of MW legacy haha.

I expect their 2nd fight to go differently than the 1st. Some of Adesanya's weaknesses have been exposed and those aren't things you will have fixed one fight later. The path to Whittaker's victory is by using a lot of movement and diverse striking just for setting up his takedowns and making it an ugly grappling match. Rob now also knows he needs to respect Adesanya's striking/power, so he won't be lunging in the way he did before. He needs to outwrestle Izzy, because he won't be able to outstrike him in a 5 round fight. If he keeps his ego in check and is able to secure takedowns, he was a way to win. That said, still a very tough fight/matchup for Whittaker. Adesanya will be (rightfully so) the heavy favourite.
Jan blackovic is an ex muay thai champ he's one of the very few that are not in danger striking with adesanya, he's seen that thai shit till he pukes, its boring to him

100% agree. Wins over Gastelum and Till do absolutely nothing for me in terms of MW legacy haha.

Cool but both Tull and Kelvin could very well be favoured over most MWs Mousasi ever beat in his career

Jan blackovic is an ex muay thai champ he's one of the very few that are not in danger striking with adesanya, he's seen that thai shit till he pukes, its boring to him
The weaknesses I'm talking about are Adesanya's grappling. Izzy's grappling is very basic once he's on his back. Jan showed this. And Jan is no slouch on the ground either, he's a good grappler, really well-rounded fighter. But Adesanya had so little to offer on the ground that I think if Rob gets him on his back, he'll be able to keep him there to win rounds.

Dude till is overrated.

Besides having some hype WTF has till done

Gassedtelum
Till
Tavarez

Best win for Whittaker is natal Romero that's it.

1. Anderson Silva
2. Dan Henderson
3. Gegard Mousasi
4. Chris Weidman
5. Israel Adesanya
6. Robert Whittaker
7. Michael Bisping
8. Vitor Belfort
9. Luke Rockhold
10. Jacare Souza

Back