Whiteblet on the mat luck coincidence or genius?

ricioyourdoom

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
The old "Whitebelt on the matt" response from Conor to Chad really got me thinking a few times since the fight.
I pose the question was Mcgregor baiting Chad to give up his top position and go for the sub before the fight happened all the time realizing he was going to be in this position pre fight?

Anyone think this is possible?
I am not too sure, if it is what conor was doing it has to be one of the best psychological tricks of all time calling Mendes a whitebelt on the ground to goad him into sub attempts.
Maybe Conor knew he had top level sub defence from training with Gunnar now? Maybe this is his secret weapon?

This thread is the reason why Aldo has to win, sherdog will become unberable should Conor walk away victorious

is Giblert a whiteblet?

Jesus fucking Christ it never ends.

Some psychological trick, begging for a stand-up.

on topic? lol the fight was only a month ago....

this topic wasnt touched on too much either tbf....

on topic? lol the fight was only a month ago....

this topic wasnt touched on too much either tbf....

Because no one thinks being on the bottom and being in a submission attempt us a psychological trick.

Because no one thinks being on the bottom and being in a submission attempt us a psychological trick.

You dont think its possible for him to be goading him then, well what im suggesting is pretty clear cut that Conor thought he could bait him into sub attempts, he escaped pretty tidily it has to be said he had practiced that escape a lot clearly.

If anything, that fight showed McGregor didn't really earn his brown belt.

You dont think its possible for him to be goading him then, well what im suggesting is pretty clear cut that Conor thought he could bait him into sub attempts, he escaped pretty tidily it has to be said he had practiced that escape a lot clearly.

You're making assumptions, bro.

Conor begged for a stand up. Begged.

Lol, Conor Bless, but no. He goaded him on the ground by talking a lot of shit trying to get him to give up some space, but the idea that he wanted a sub attempt pre-fight is ridiculous. I think he was shocked how difficult it was to get up.

Lol, Conor Bless, but no. He goaded him on the ground by talking a lot of shit trying to get him to give up some space, but the idea that he wanted a sub attempt pre-fight is ridiculous. I think he was shocked how difficult it was to get up.

I just thought it seemed to be a bit of a coincidence because Mendes looked like hed been drilling subs, basically he was looking actively for sub options whilst he was on top he tried a few times.

I also thought like why would Conor call him a white belt on the ground? it seems a bit weird, Conor is usually pretty honest with his talk, honest to him that is. eg. Chad gassing, blown up BW that all doesnt look far from the truth to me tbh.

Chad is possible BW goat material plus Conor knows hes good on the ground he is the best wrestler in the UFC we all know that the drive and power in his takedowns are unreal and unrivalled.

To Aldo:
Please KO and/or Sub Conor.
I can't take any more of these threads.

Thank you very much.

This thread is the reason why Aldo has to win, sherdog will become unberable should Conor walk away victorious

haha good call.

Listen I like Conor, his fights are exciting but damn you are not wrong. His cult worshiping fans (not just normal fans) are on par with the die hard Motivated BJ and Pride Shogun fans. The level of craziness will be off the scale.
In fact i think they will eclipse those fans...that's pretty bad.

I also thought like why would Conor call him a white belt on the ground?
Because Chad is a white belt in BJJ. He has no belt rank because he's trains with catch wrestlers. Which makes Conor a higher belt rank than Mendes.
It's an "honest" way of making fun of Mendes, despite the fact that Chad is obviously the superior submission grappler.

Moron fans eat these sound bytes up though.

I bait white belts with submissions all the time, honestly. People get overexcited at an opportunity to finish and they don't keep tight enough; the ensuing scramble, more often than not, allows me to escape whatever position I was in and sometimes even sweep to a dominant one.
Basics of grappling, or any sport in general really. You bait/fake and take advantage.

Yep. And it sure worked seeing that nasty elbow he took to the face.

Back