Whitebelts spazzing at their finest

Well you know, if they weren't solipsistic narcissists, why else would they be competing at white belt worlds?

Well you know, if they weren't solipsistic narcissists, why else would they be competing at white belt worlds?
White belt worlds, the Special Olympics of sport BJJ

Lol, whitebelt spazzing never ceases to amaze me.

I wanna be the very best, white belt:oops:

And ?

From what I experienced competing so far, the only way you can train for competitions is by actually competing. We've had two week white belts start competing , getting smashed, yet going back and competing again and again and again.

Personally I respect the hell out of that. I only starting competing at blue belt and wish I started earlier

And ?

From what I experienced competing so far, the only way you can train for competitions is by actually competing. We've had two week white belts start competing , getting smashed, yet going back and competing again and again and again.

Personally I respect the hell out of that. I only starting competing at blue belt and wish I started earlier

I think there's a difference between white belt comps and white belt "worlds".

White belt "world champ" is like being the best virgin.

I think there's a difference between white belt comps and white belt "worlds".

White belt "world champ" is like being the best virgin.

Laugh all you want, but you have to place at brown belt in order to have chance to win at BB level once you get promoted.

The same concept apply to any belt .

I already heard of blue belts training full time for the past 4 years hoping to medal at the ibjjf world cup.

Now we gonna have the same at white belts.

Laugh all you want, but you have to place at brown belt in order to have chance to win at BB level once you get promoted.

The same concept apply to any belt .

I already heard of blue belts training full time for the past 4 years hoping to medal at the ibjjf world cup.

Now we gonna have the same at white belts.

Sorry but calling someone a white belt world champ seems silly to me.

Sorry but calling someone a white belt world champ seems silly to me.

The vast depth of competition due to the multitude of belts level including white belt is really positive and remarkable for bjj.

Let put this way. In my country, judo only has 2 level of competition: high kuys or Dan's.

Compare to bjj that has 5 levels for bjj.

The more layers of competition, the deeper the skills.

Let not even discuss the fact everyone except BB adult can just enter the world without any other qualifications.

The vast depth of competition due to the multitude of belts level including white belt is really positive and remarkable for bjj.

Let put this way. In my country, judo only has 2 level of competition: high kuys or Dan's.

Let not even discuss the fact everyone except BB adult can just enter the world without any other qualifications.

Respectfully disagree.

I prefer a straight Black/Brown belt Seniors division and everyone else seniors division

Guys who want to be somebody compete in the big boy pool, because that's the one people care about. International Elite Comps, Worlds, Olympics.

I've only recently entered the world of grappling but i don't understand why it's bad for white belts to compete against other white belts in a competition for white belts...

I've only recently entered the world of grappling but i don't understand why it's bad for white belts to compete against other white belts in a competition for white belts...
The controversy isn’t whitebelts competing against other whitebelts. The controversy is having the title of whitebelt world champion. Should there be a world champion whitebelt?

And yet you don't see this any other sport. There's no beginners world championships in soccer, basketball, hockey, tennis, track and field, swimming, gymnastics, wrestling, boxing ....

And yet some of those sports have much deeper level of skills than BJJ. Having beginners divisions is common, most sports have it. Having a beginner's world championship is meaningless. World champion means best in the world. World champion white belt means millions of blue belts, purple belts, brown belts, and BB are better than you.

And if you're good enough as a white belt to be beating a blue belt etc, then you shouldn't be a white belt anymore, so all that's happened is your instructor has been slow to promote you.

Right. I get it .

Later on once bjj become fully developed. We will have age group like kids age.

And then bjj would have 2 years BB like other martial arts.

The controversy isn’t whitebelts competing against other whitebelts. The controversy is having the title of whitebelt world champion. Should there be a world champion whitebelt?

I won NAGA US National champion at whitebelt in 2013. I have a nifty patch and medal to prove it. If I put that in my sig I'd get laughed off this sub forum.

Back