white women told to check their privilege at million woman anti-trump march

This is a very long and drawn out illustration of failing to understand what the concept of "privilege" means.
Blah blah blah. Sanctimonious victim virtue signaling.

You cuck I told you I care about the fukkin black kids. That's why I respond to bad shit that they face with the same urgency as I would the threats to my own kids well being.

Your eloquence is astounding.

Blah blah blah. Sanctimonious victim virtue signaling.

Don't herp your derp too hard, broseph. You keep speaking exclusively in nouveau-intelligentsia cliches and people might accidentally confuse you for being insightful.

I read an article that talked about how Pro-Life feminists were not allowed to join the march. Feminism against proves that they care about women if those women have the "correct" political views.

Source: http://thefederalist.com/2017/01/18/womens-march-should-welcome-pro-life-women/

...organizers of the Women’s March decided to remove the aforementioned pro-life group, New Wave Feminists, from their partnership page.

“The Women’s March’s platform is pro-choice and that has been our stance from day one,” the organizers said in a statement. “The anti-choice organization in question is not a partner of the Women’s March on Washington. We apologize for this error.”

Well, this grossly oversimplifies a complex issue; something I'm sure you didn't intend to do.

The issue for the organizers, according to one of the organizers directly (there's an audio link if you follow it), is not that they object to pro-life feminists. Rather, the platform for the march of advocating for women's rights means that a central issue is that women must possess control of their reproductive rights. The group at issue was a spoof trying to introduce a separate agenda, which is why they were removed as a potential partner after being vetted.

Pro-life feminists were, and remained, invited to the march.

I have a feeling that at some level, the group wanted to be turfed so they could point back and say "see, they DON'T support all women!"

Well, this grossly oversimplifies a complex issue; something I'm sure you didn't intend to do.

The issue for the organizers, according to one of the organizers directly (there's an audio link if you follow it), is not that they object to pro-life feminists. Rather, the platform for the march of advocating for women's rights means that a central issue is that women must possess control of their reproductive rights. The group at issue was a spoof trying to introduce a separate agenda, which is why they were removed as a potential partner after being vetted.

Pro-life feminists were, and remained, invited to the march.

I have a feeling that at some level, the group wanted to be turfed so they could point back and say "see, they DON'T support all women!"
And yet the marches comprised numerous agendas outside of purely pro-choice feminism. CNN made a point of bringing that up. Yet, pro-life women apparently don't get a seat at the table.

I thought voting for Trump was going to make women, things or objects and take away their rights. foiled again on day one! Damn the women's March and damn them setting the world right with rhetoric nobody is fighting against.

And yet the marches comprised numerous agendas outside of purely pro-choice feminism. CNN made a point of bringing that up. Yet, pro-life women apparently don't get a seat at the table.

Pro-life trolls don't, no. Trolls never ought to get a seat at the table. Just ask Tucker Carlson.

ETA: the agendas do cover numerous topics. However, if you read the link I posted (you didn't) and listened to the interview appended (you didn't), you would know that the organizers believed reproductive independence was a central tenet of the platform. Thus, a group that was speciously created a week ago to pose as a pro-life feminist group to subvert the message of this particular march by stocking a rally with young women from Christian colleges supporting pre-born women's rights was not allowed to be a partner.

I really, really wish people would actually pay attention to the information provided directly to them.

Fantastic. I love when the left cannibalizes itself.

Many thousands of women are expected to converge on the nation’s capital for the Women’s March on Washington the day after Donald J. Trump’s inauguration. Jennifer Willis no longer plans to be one of them.

Ms. Willis, a 50-year-old wedding minister from South Carolina, had looked forward to taking her daughters to the march. Then she read a post on the Facebook page of one of the march's organizers that made her feel unwelcome because she is white.

For some people, their outlook of this country deeply changed on November 9th. For the rest of us, this is how it has always looked.

I want to remind you that that is a privilege.
It’s a privilege that white supremacy wasn’t at the forefront of your reality, because you benefit from it.

I want to remind you that no ally ever got very far, in any movement, without acknowledgement of their own privilege daily. You do not just get to join the efforts that people of color have been working for their entire lives to both teach and survive, without doing work, too. You don’t just get to join because now you’re scared, too. I was born scared.
Now is the time for you to be listening more, talking less, spend time observing, taking in media and art created by people of color, researching, and unlearning the things you have been taught about this country. You should be reading our books and understanding the roots of racism and white supremacy. Listening to our speeches. You should be drowning yourselves in our poetry. Now is the time that you should be exposed to more than just the horrors of this country, but also the beauty that has always existed within communities of color. Beauty that was covered over because the need to see white faces depicted was more important.

Now is the time to teach your children, to call out your family, to finally speak up. You have been silent for long enough. Now is the time to realize that you should have joined us sooner. But since you’re here now, it’s time to get to work.

“This is a women’s march,” she said. “Why is it now about, ‘White women don’t understand black women’?”

In Tennessee, emotions ran high when organizers changed the name of the local march from “Women’s March on Washington-Nashville” to “Power Together Tennessee, in solidarity with Women’s March on Washington.” While many applauded the name change, which was meant to signal the start of a new social justice movement in Nashville, some complained that the event had turned from a march for all women into a march for black women.

In Louisiana, the first state coordinator gave up her volunteer role in part because there were no minority women in leadership positions at that time.

“I got a lot of flak locally when I stepped down, from white women who said that I’m alienating a lot of white women,” said Candice Huber, a bookstore owner in New Orleans, who is white. “They said, ‘Why do you have to be so divisive?’”

In some ways, the discord is by design. Even as they are working to ensure a smooth and unified march next week, the national organizers said they made a deliberate decision to highlight the plight of minority and undocumented immigrant women and provoke uncomfortable discussions about race.

“This was an opportunity to take the conversation to the deep places,” said Linda Sarsour, a Muslim who heads the Arab American Association of New York and is one of four co-chairwomen of the national march. “Sometimes you are going to upset people.”

The post that offended Ms. Willis was part of that effort. So was the quotation posted on the march’s Facebook page from Bell Hooks, the black feminist, about forging a stronger sisterhood by “confronting the ways women — through sex, class and race — dominated and exploited other women.”

In response, a New Jersey woman wrote: “I’m starting to feel not very welcome in this endeavor.”

A debate then ensued about whether white women were just now experiencing what minority women experience daily, or were having a hard time yielding control. A young white woman from Baltimore wrote with bitterness that white women who might have been victims of rape and abuse were being “asked to check their privilege,” a catchphrase that refers to people acknowledging their advantages, but which some white liberal women find unduly confrontational.

For too long, the march organizers said, the women’s rights movement focused on issues that were important to well-off white women, such as the ability to work outside the home and attain the same high-powered positions that men do. But minority women, they said, have had different priorities. Black women who have worked their whole lives as maids might care more about the minimum wage or police brutality than about seeing a woman in the White House. Undocumented immigrant women might care about abortion rights, they said, but not nearly as much as they worry about being deported.

This brand of feminism — frequently referred to as “intersectionality” — asks white women to acknowledge that they have had it easier.

Ms. Rose said in an interview that the intention of the post was not to weed people out but rather to make them understand that they had a lot of learning to do.

“I needed them to understand that they don’t just get to join the march and not check their privilege constantly,” she said.

That phrase — check your privilege — exasperates Ms. Willis. She asked a reporter: “Can you please tell me what that means?”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/09/...ns-contentious-dialogues-about-race.html?_r=0
That shit is hilarious. I love seeing these white women "allies" being taken out of the Oppression Olympic gold metal chase by the individuals they used as props to make themselves feel better and be seen as "good" or "progressive."

No one wants silver in the Oppression Olympics.

If only I could make more pointless, baseless allegations, like you.
Did you see the vandals? Did you know that some black guy tried to shoot me with a pellet gun days after the hands up don't shoot lies? Did u know I've been called the n word NY black guys more than once? People block my car cuz I'm white. Three days ago I ran a black guy off of a white liquor store clerk Roddy piper style. Pulled over cuz I saw him pop him with a bottle of grey goose.
I don't know if my man on the street angle is baseless.

Did you see the vandals? Did you know that some black guy tried to shoot me with a pellet gun days after the hands up don't shoot lies? Did u know I've been called the n word NY black guys more than once? People block my car cuz I'm white. Three days ago I ran a black guy off of a white liquor store clerk Roddy piper style. Pulled over cuz I saw him pop him with a bottle of grey goose.
I don't know if my man on the street angle is baseless.

Your "man on the street angle" has now moved from "baseless" to "utter bullshit".

Regards!

When I said your content was a shitheap I wad making an assertion not an allegation.

Your "man on the street angle" has now moved from "baseless" to "utter bullshit".

Regards!
Everything I cited happened. Its just that when this shit happens ur supposed to suck it up if you're white. Have you ever been on a manufacturing crew with all black guys fresh out of a max sec facility? I have. If u can't accept my reporting its because you are sheltered and haven't been in the streets enough to realize that everything I mentioned can easily be true. I'm only novel in the sense that I share what I notice. The guy who shot my windows and tried to hit me with the pellet gun is on felony probation right now I called the cops on him neighborhood watch style while he waited for the bus.
I saw two dude fighting and I pulled over and made the save. What's so hard to understand about this? I care about my community. A lot of funny stuff has happened lately. I live on the corner a quarter mile from where the cop shot philando Castile. Don't talk shit. I'm getting out of the city because of this kind of shit.

Everything I cited happened. Its just that when this shit happens ur supposed to suck it up if you're white. Have you ever been on a manufacturing crew with all black guys fresh out of a max sec facility? I have. If u can't accept my reporting its because you are sheltered and haven't been in the streets enough to realize that everything I mentioned can easily be true. I'm only novel in the sense that I share what I notice. The guy who shot my windows and tried to hit me with the pellet gun is on felony probation right now I called the cops on him neighborhood watch style while he waited for the bus.
I saw two dude fighting and I pulled over and made the save. What's so hard to understand about this? I care about my community. A lot of funny stuff has happened lately. I live on the corner a quarter mile from where the cop shot philando Castile. Don't talk shit. I'm getting out of the city because of this kind of shit.

I would laugh out loud if your cognitive disabilities didn't sadden me so.

I want u to know where I stand. I think ur a piece of cuck garbage and I'm the incinerator.

I got it. You think people who don't agree with your inane prejudiced bullshit are cucks, notwithstanding you don't possess the faculties to understand what a cuck is.

Meanwhile, I just think you're some guy who, with some perspective outside of his own, could develop empathy. But you're so stuck in your worldview, you seem incapable of it. Sad!

I have had so many diverse experiences in my life. I used to be a big time progressive. That's why I get worked up.

Back