White Russian

So I was watching the Big Lebowski for the 100th time and decided I was going to try the Dude's favourite drink, the White Russian.

I'm drinking it now, it's gorgeous. Anyone else tried this?

For those of you that want to try it...the recipe is:

1 1/2 oz of Vodka
1 oz of Kahlua
1 oz of cream or milk

It's very much like Baileys I must say.

drank one last night. had a good night of sleep.
they are pretty good drink to have at the end of when you go out to dinner.

No better way than to start the day with a white Russian with lots of ice.

I think the first one you mentioned is a White Cuban.

But I think that's actually with Malibu and not dark rum.

Yes, with Malibu it's a White Cuban. There probably isn't a specific name for the drink with dark rum, but it's pretty tasty.

I find that in mixed drinks the vodka just adds alcohol content but not flavour. For my palate dark rum works really well with Kahlua. The milk just makes it smooth. Myers' would be another rum that would probably work well in my concoction.

So I was watching the Big Lebowski for the 100th time and decided I was going to try the Dude's favourite drink, the White Russian.

1 1/2 oz of Vodka
1 oz of Kahlua
1 oz of cream or milk

This thread prompted two nights of drinking from me :(

btw, half-n-half or cream much >>> milk

This thread prompted two nights of drinking from me :(

btw, half-n-half or cream much >>> milk

I'm from the UK.

The half n half and cream thing is a very American thing. So I just put some milk in.

1 1/2 oz of Vodka
1 oz of Kahlua
1 oz of cream or milk

The Dude's drink is not half bad and I have enjoyed a few in the past.

woah,this exactly came up two weeks ago,when I was drinking with some pals.he said he wanted to try because of that movie.

I quite like blind Russians. It's basically the same thing as a white Russian, except you use Baileys instead of cream or milk. Granted, I'm a raging alcoholic.

Gay guys like the drink, so it must be tasty.

Gay guys probably are less worried about people judging what they do.

It makes me wonder how many how many beer or scotch drinkers would drink "girly drinks" if they weren't worried about how it looked to other people.

On my friends 21st my friends and I introduce him to the White Russian and he loved them. So we got him fucked up obviously with a much of shots but he was drinking White Russians all night in between. He ended up puking and it had to be the most disgusting thing I've ever seen or smelled.

Something similar happened to me. I had a Four Loko (first and last ever) then topped it off with a 6 pack and about 4 white russians. Not to mention that I had taco bell earlier, and decided to eat a bowl of chili while I was blacked out. Lets just say my puke was one of the worst things ever. :icon_lol:

Gay guys probably are less worried about people judging what they do.

It makes me wonder how many how many beer or scotch drinkers would drink "girly drinks" if they weren't worried about how it looked to other people.

The only mixed drink I drink is whiskey mixed with a glass

^^^This guy would probably be drinking appletinis on the reg

I like to drink Baileys about once every 2 years and I like it. It's different.

not bad. I get a few small bottles, every few months or so, at the liquor store.

I like to drink Baileys about once every 2 years and I like it. It's different.

I only drink Baileys on Christmas. I love that stuff and drink it way too fast. If I drank it regularly I would be 500 pounds and broke.

even done the lebowski challenge?

it's when you watch the film and smoke a joint whenever the dude smokes a joint and drink a white russian whenever the dude drinks a white russian

it comes out to about 3 or 4 joints i think and around 5 or 6 white russians

even done the lebowski challenge?

it's when you watch the film and smoke a joint whenever the dude smokes a joint and drink a white russian whenever the dude drinks a white russian

it comes out to about 3 or 4 joints i think and around 5 or 6 white russians

damn this is such a good idea

Back