Social White Privilege Conference 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its because identity studies is growing like a plague. More colleges and universities are offering identity studies programs and more people are taking and graduating from these programs. They are money grabs for colleges because most of the programs will take nearly anyone. Especially people who likely wouldn't qualify for more challenging programs. Many of the current "professors" teaching identity studies programs have never actually taken a legitimate (science, history, philosophy, logic...) academic class.

The biggest problem with most of these classes is that the students aren't taught to think critically. Instead, they are taught to parrot the subjective beliefs of the professors and mimic the ridiculous buzzwords and jargon contained within the readings they are given. The worst thing is that the students are taught that the "theoretical" assumptions are absolute truths.

Do you ever get the feeling that Maybe, just maybe, it's an internet fad? I say this because I've never seen anything relating to social justice, but I've seen a shitload of complaining about it.

I lasted 1 minute, 37 seconds.

Did anyone beat that?

The lady who said "They claimed to be straight at the time, but who knows" when discussing the founding fathers is when I had enough.

These people.. I'm not going to say what I think.

I couldn't even make it to the one minute mark.:rolleyes:

Do you ever get the feeling that Maybe, just maybe, it's an internet fad? I say this because I've never seen anything relating to social justice, but I've seen a shitload of complaining about it.

Yep theres a direct correlation between the rise of the internet and social media and this new phenomenon. In all my years of schooling there was never any talk about social justice or white privilege or racism. Only time I remember race being discussed was in history class my teacher mentioned the Japanese internment camps and that it was racist. I also remember in my art class the teacher was comparing how to draw different races and started drawing an asian eye and compared it to a western eye and went on this long lesson on why the western eye was more attractive, even getting into the scientific aspect of symetry. I thought it was really creepy and disturbing but apparently it was part of the course material.

Yep theres a direct correlation between the rise of the internet and social media and this new phenomenon. In all my years of schooling there was never any talk about social justice or white privilege or racism. Only time I remember race being discussed was in history class my teacher mentioned the Japanese internment camps and that it was racist. I also remember in my art class the teacher was comparing how to draw different races and started drawing an asian eye and compared it to a western eye and went on this long lesson on why the western eye was more attractive, even getting into the scientific aspect of symetry. I thought it was really creepy and disturbing but apparently it was part of the course material.

where did you go to school and when?

where did you go to school and when?

Early 90's in Toronto suburbs at the time, Richview Collegiate secondary school. I remember the teacher drawing the Asian eye and it wasn't even detailed, like she just drew a simple shape that barely resembled a human eye, and then when she drew the white eye it was all detailed and shit and looked like a real eye. Then she goes on to explain why the western eye was more attractive. It was a preppy school for upper class kids from wealthy areas, I was actually from a lower class area kinda far away but my parents wanted me to go to a nice school so somehow I got in there. Transferred out after a year, shit wasn't working out and I hated that place, I went to a local school which wasn't that great either since it was full of thugs and dropouts.Not going to sugar coat it, that first school I went to was racist, students and staff both, seen a lot of shit firsthand.

Last edited:
So black people in US just go along with this? What a terrible mindset.

These people are over educated, wholey unexperienced idiots. It doesn't really go any deeper then that

Woo there settle down with the umbrage.

I am not faulting the science of classifying peoples as Caucasoid/White, Negroid/Black, Mongoloid/Yellow ; I was merely stating that such a classification system didn't exsist until Europeans created it . It was meant to explain the possible reason for the comment 'White people didn't exsist before 1681'.

People always recognized different races, even before they attached fancy names to them.

When the Europeans stumbled upon Japan, I'm sure the Japanese noticed that they looked different than they did.

For me, it's the highlighted part. It's hard to deny that there are some benefits in being born a white male in the US, but it's evident that some people completely overestimate that benefit.

No, there aren't.

There are benefits to being born to a middle-class, two parent family in a nice suburb with a good school. Many whites fall into this category, but not all, so it is the same logic racists use when they generalize crime to all blacks, so say that all whites are privileged.

Some white kid born to a trailor trash meth addicted prostitute and has to attend an all-black inner city school should is not privileged what-so-ever.

Meanwhile, Obama's children are doing just fine. Better than most white children.

Race has nothing to do with this. The "privilege" is having responsible parents, a safe environment, and economic stability...which is not exclusive or inclusive of any race.

We spend so much time talking about white privilege, that we forget about the much bigger one...first-world privilege.

Thank about how lucky we were to be born in a first-world country where we can have these conversations over the internet, and learn about it universities, while others are dying of malaria and drinking sewage water.

I, for one, plan to check my privilege, move out of my house, and build a mud hut.

This is the state of American universities these days.

University isn't a place of learning. It is a place for kids to be babysat on government stipends for 4 years while being indoctrinated into liberalism.

Last edited:
This is the state of American universities these days.

University is a place of learning. It is a place for kids to be babysat on government stipends for 4 years while being indoctrinated into liberalism.

Who said 'angry black woman'' was a stereotype?:icon_chee

No, there aren't.

There are benefits to being born to a middle-class, two parent family in a nice suburb with a good school. Many whites fall into this category, but not all, so it is the same logic racists use when they generalize crime to all blacks, so say that all whites are privileged.

Some white kid born to a trailor trash meth addicted prostitute and has to attend an all-black inner city school should is not privileged what-so-ever.

Meanwhile, Obama's children are doing just fine. Better than most white children.

Race has nothing to do with this. The "privilege" is having responsible parents, a safe environment, and economic stability...which is not exclusive or inclusive of any race.
Well put.

SJWs are a sick bunch.

People always recognized different races, even before they attached fancy names to them.

When the Europeans stumbled upon Japan, I'm sure the Japanese noticed that they looked different than they did.

Ofcourse they did, and there's plenty of philogical evidence from non European societies to prove this.

My point wasn't that people didn't recognize different races, as I clearly mentioned the Ancient Egyptian acknowledgement of different peoples ; I was stating that Race as a scientific concept and using colors such as "White" or terms like "Caucasian" to denote Europeans was a more recent development . Doesn't mean people didn't notice color long before that, just that our understanding of races as : "White" , "Black" , "Colored" and "Yellow" is someting that came about within the past few hundred years.

People always recognized physical differences between people who are physically different. Of course. But the idea of classifying large, biologically diverse groups according to "race" is only a couple of hundred years old. The use of the term to refer to clans or other groups (people of a certain occupation, for example) goes back a couple of hundred years before that. It's not a universal, obvious, or scientific classification system. Just mostly a historical accident.

You should have seen some of the posts (and messages) I got on Facebook after I made a status update promising my current friends that I was going to give all of them millions of dollars when I use my white male privilege to become a multi-billionaire.

Shit drives me crazy. Here, let's put the shoe on the other foot for a second. The majority of government programs designed to help those on the lower end of the socioeconomic scale overwhelmingly benefit minorities and women. In other words, the government is literally giving those groups money. If that isn't privilege, what is? Do we have a black/female privilege problem in our society?

See how stupid the whole premise is? White male CIS privilege really pisses me off. I should stop now or I'll get banned under the current WR rules.

white-male-privlege.png

Agree with this. Gender identity movements are growing on campuses and the 19 year olds with no real life experience are attaching themselves to a minor cause they believe is really huge.

Just looking at this from a macro point of view, if this is the level of discussion we're having in our society, then our society has done a very good job of tolerating differences. But the hairy panties crowd won't look at it that way.

It's sad to say, but a lot of this is driven by female college professors who hate life because they don't have a penis.

My wife and I were looking through many of the tumblr "social justice warrior" blogs. What we both noticed is that most of these blogs and the people who are buying into this identity bullshit are generally between the ages of 18-24.

I learned a lot about this nonsense watching YouTube videos made by someone who calls himself InternetAristocrat. His videos are hilarious.

This is a video he did on "white privilege."

Last edited by a moderator:
That is an example of a certain race being the majority and how they suffer in that secenario.

An example of whites being a majority and it working out good for them is Federal/state jobs.

My dad who is one if the few black people who work at the BULK Mail Center in memphis (he is an engineer, fixing the machines if they stop). Although Memphis is 70% white, the Mail Center is about 97% white. Why aren't there more blacks? Well because white supevisors make the choice of who to hire and when one of their friends of workers comes to them and says I got so and so that wants a job, then they get the hook up. There is suppose to be a waiting line/system for PO jobs. You have to take a test and then be judged on you application, etc. My dad got bonus points for being in the military and damn near aced the test and he still had to wait 5 years to get his foot in the door. Once your in the system people can be bumped up an down the line depending on who is doing the hiring/interviewing. Again the so well mentioned --ITS NOT WHAT YOU KNOW, IT IS WHO YOU KNOW.

You explained white privilege perfectly. Most people hear the words and automatically assume it means that all white people are born with a silver spoon, which isn't the case. I'd assume that it occurs anywhere where one race makes up a vast majority of the population.

It starts on college campuses and then the people taking those classes start their tumblr blogs, twitter accounts, and identity theory websites. I would call it an academic fad.

Here is an interesting article describing a lot of nonsense that is starting to take place on campuses.

- http://www.thenation.com/blog/179160/cancelcolbert-and-return-anti-liberal-left

...there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back