Crime White Power arson

I'll wait for more details. Odds are its most likely a fake hate crime.

Your agument is stupid. Most hate crimes against PoC are committed by other PoC, not by white people. Whites make up for 60% of the population and they do 50% of these hate crimes, which means they actually commit LESS hate crimes than people of color.

Another thing you didn't bother thinking of is they lump in Latinos with white people, which makes is so much worse considering the amount of violence against black people in California from Mexican gangs who specifically target black people based on their skin color.
Actually, the FBI did not lump hispanics in with whites, per your baseless assertion. In fact, over 64% of offenders' ethnicity was known.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2017

While I agree that it's bad and that it does cast doubt and hurts people's ability to relate to each other, I'd take the hoax over the real thing in every case I can think of, if I had the magical power to decide which events would be real or hoaxes.

I don't mean to downplay the harm caused by everything from false rape claims to hate crime hoaxes, but when the comparison is made it must be reasserted that real crime is worse than fake crime. We would rather have our daughter falsely accuse somebody of rape than actually get raped. But would we rather have a "false flag" type of hate crime (with equal victims/damage) or a real one? Those are about the same.
In the case of faked hate crimes I agree. In the case of fake rape cases not so much.

While I think sexual predators are the worst of humanity, the victims of fake accusations are victimized every moment they remain locked up. If I had my way neither would happen (well, duh), and have went back and forth on which one is more egregious, but haven't been able to figure it out. The only thing I can think of is that most rapists are serial offenders making those criminals worse as there aren't that many serial fake accuser meaning fewer victims of hoaxes.

Of course I'd rather my girls fake then be victims, but if I had boys I'd be more concerned with them being falsely accused. I'd disown them if they raped.

To bring this back to the topic - a faked hate crime doesn't leave a particular person victimized but erodes social cohesion. So maybe you're right, an actual one is worse as it hurts both. Imagine that, a new perspective! Lol. Always good to work through the thought process with others.

and these are terrible too, which we all condemn, well all of us sensible people.

Agreed, and as an extra olive branch, I agree with your sig.
giphy.gif

In the case of faked hate crimes I agree. In the case of fake rape cases not so much.

While I think sexual predators are the worst of humanity, the victims of fake accusations are victimized every moment they remain locked up. If I had my way neither would happen (well, duh), and have went back and forth on which one is more egregious, but haven't been able to figure it out. The only thing I can think of is that most rapists are serial offenders making those criminals worse as there aren't that many serial fake accuser meaning fewer victims of hoaxes.

Of course I'd rather my girls fake then be victims, but if I had boys I'd be more concerned with them being falsely accused. I'd disown them if they raped.

To bring this back to the topic - a faked hate crime doesn't leave a particular person victimized but erodes social cohesion. So maybe you're right, an actual one is worse as it hurts both. Imagine that, a new perspective! Lol. Always good to work through the thought process with others.
I underestimated the social cohesion part for sure, and that's something that I'm pretty sure you've mentioned before, or at least I can tell that's in your wheelhouse and something you've thought about before. I've been thinking there has been a massive overreaction to hate hoaxes but the proof of the problem is really in the fact that it has upset people so much.

You won't bet because you're a pussy and I bet you're regretting making this thread because deep down, you know this has a very high probability of being perpetrated by lefty loser like you.
Whoa chill out man

What event are you implying caused the emergence?

That is the question isn't it? I mean why is there an upswing of white and right extremism? Why do they feel emboldened? Is it a natural cycle or are some other factors bringing it to light? It is very curious to me.

What's the strongest arson of them all?

Yellow power arson?

Green power arson?

Purple power arson?

That is the question isn't it? I mean why is there an upswing of white and right extremism? Why do they feel emboldened? Is it a natural cycle or are some other factors bringing it to light? It is very curious to me.

There are several factors....

yes, there is still an ardent racist presence in the US. But I consider these people to be in a minority...

I think the most prominent one is this. White people are told over and over again how evil they are, how privileged they are, how racist they are, how they are the cause of 98% of the world's woes etc....

I mean, if you continue to tell a group of people they are racist pieces of shit, they are going to bond with others of their kind, their hearts will harden, and yea, the will morph into full blown racists eventually.

Actually, the FBI did not lump hispanics in with whites, per your baseless assertion. In fact, over 64% of offenders' ethnicity was known.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2017

What? Yes, they did up until very recently. The federal government and most state governments don’t consider Hispanic/Latino as a racial category — instead, most crimes committed by Hispanics are counted under the category “white.”

Look at your own link:

https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2017/topic-pages/offenders

What percentage of the "50.7% white" is Hispanic, do you think? The Hispanic label is completely absent and that's because they're lumped in the white category.

SaMQF4j.png

Back