Media White on Jon Jones battery charges: ‘There’s two sides to every story’

PlatinumColbyCovington

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
UFC president Dana White is in Edmonton promoting the upcoming UFC 240 card featuring Max Holloway defending his featherweight title against Frankie Edgar. But of course the media took the time during a scrum today to ask him his thoughts on the latest legal troubles of his light heavyweight champion, Jon Jones.

Jones was charged with battery after an alleged incident at a strip club in April. A waitress working there claims “Bones” touched her inappropriately, even slapping, choking, and lifting her off the ground at points. Jones’ team has responded calling the accusations ‘malicious lies.’

Here’s what White had to say about the situation (via MMA Junkie):

“It doesn’t faze me any more,” White told reporters, including MMA Junkie, during a media scrum Wednesday. “Every time we do a fight with Jon, I’m wondering if it’s going to be his last. It has nothing to do with money. It’s what’s going to happen outside the octagon.”

Jones Charged With Battery In Nightclub Incident[/paste:font]
New Details Emerge In Alleged Jones Battery Case
“There’s two sides to the story, and the truth is somewhere in the middle, I’m sure.”

”It’s unbelievable how good Jon Jones really is. It’s the minute he steps out of the octagon, you never know what’s going to happen.”

”He’s in trouble right now.”

That last comment is pretty funny considering Jones took to Twitter shortly after the news broke of the strip club incident, telling a follower “I’m definitely not in any trouble my friend.”

The charges certainly don’t seem to be slowing Jones’ fight career down, which has been going at light speed since his last USADA suspension ended. Jones has already fought three times in under a year and is hoping to add another fight to his resume by the end of 2019.

Initial reports had that taking place in December, but it could even happen before that in November. Pretty impressive considering Thiago Santos just put him in a wheelchair a few weeks ago. But it seems like “Bones” is pretty resilient to the damage done in AND outside the cage.

LOL! I'm sure Dana would be trashing him right now if he had another cash cow / flavor of the month at his disposal, or if Jones 100% wouldn't be able to fight because of this

if it was any other fighter, automatic ban 4 life
DW is a pos and a hypocrite

"He's a star for us so we're not going to do shit"

Outside of something like Domestic Abuse, or something super heinous like murder you can expect Dana to side with the guy.

Edit: I realized in hindsight my post seems like i'm villifying the guy for this. Not the case really, I don't know any info on this so who the fuck knows in my book if anything actually happened here worth note. But yeah if anything does, my original post is the thoughts on danas inevitable reaction to it :p

Last edited:
Pink Goof already changed his tune from "Jon Jones will never headline another card" after Juiceheads umpteenth fuck-up, to becoming one of his biggest apologists and enablers of his perma-pulsing cheating bullshit.

6JFvU6z0_400x400.png

UFC president Dana White is in Edmonton promoting the upcoming UFC 240 card featuring Max Holloway defending his featherweight title against Frankie Edgar. But of course the media took the time during a scrum today to ask him his thoughts on the latest legal troubles of his light heavyweight champion, Jon Jones.

Jones was charged with battery after an alleged incident at a strip club in April. A waitress working there claims “Bones” touched her inappropriately, even slapping, choking, and lifting her off the ground at points. Jones’ team has responded calling the accusations ‘malicious lies.’

Here’s what White had to say about the situation (via MMA Junkie):

“It doesn’t faze me any more,” White told reporters, including MMA Junkie, during a media scrum Wednesday. “Every time we do a fight with Jon, I’m wondering if it’s going to be his last. It has nothing to do with money. It’s what’s going to happen outside the octagon.”

Jones Charged With Battery In Nightclub Incident[/paste:font]
New Details Emerge In Alleged Jones Battery Case
“There’s two sides to the story, and the truth is somewhere in the middle, I’m sure.”

”It’s unbelievable how good Jon Jones really is. It’s the minute he steps out of the octagon, you never know what’s going to happen.”

”He’s in trouble right now.”

That last comment is pretty funny considering Jones took to Twitter shortly after the news broke of the strip club incident, telling a follower “I’m definitely not in any trouble my friend.”

The charges certainly don’t seem to be slowing Jones’ fight career down, which has been going at light speed since his last USADA suspension ended. Jones has already fought three times in under a year and is hoping to add another fight to his resume by the end of 2019.

Initial reports had that taking place in December, but it could even happen before that in November. Pretty impressive considering Thiago Santos just put him in a wheelchair a few weeks ago. But it seems like “Bones” is pretty resilient to the damage done in AND outside the cage.

LOL! I'm sure Dana would be trashing him right now if he had another cash cow / flavor of the month at his disposal, or if Jones 100% wouldn't be able to fight because of this

dana doesnt give a shit just like with conor you think he cared about the cell phone thing that be a big fat no.

the bus thing was something different cause that effected the fight card it self and safety of fighters on the orster.

hes right picture below shows the delusional jones haters
1519752337120.png

You mean we shouldn't take the word of a stripper called Cinnamon as gospel and wait for the facts?

<Dylan>

Dana is crazy

Jones is being extorted. He will have to pay money to that stripper and this issue will disappear. Jones is by far the most hated fighter so people will always assume he is in the wrong here. Highly unlikely Jones is actually assaulting strippers in strip clubs with everybody around.

He didn't cheat, he didn't take steroids, he didn't drunk drive, he didn't crash into a pregnant lady...
Guys, there's two sides to every story!

The grab em by the pussy defense.
When you're a celebrity you can get away with anything. They just let you do it, grab 'em by the pussy. anything. I guess Jon's not really a celebrity, people only care about him in MMA chatrooms.

Back