Social "White Man Gets 10 Years in Prison for Trying to Hire Hit Man to Lynch Black Neighbor"

TL : DR
Brandon Cory Lecroy of South Carolina reaches out to a White power org. to murder his Black neighbor.
Lecroy spoke with a person he thought was a White Supremacist , asking him to lynch his Black neighbor . The hitman asked for $500.
Unbeknownst to Lecroy the hitman was a Federal agent. The Feds were tipped off that Lecroy was seeking a hitman.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/15/us/hit-man-lynching.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur
-

Now here's the reason for the thread. Especially after the Covington incident, the rightwing was full-on bitching about how the media likes to stir the racial pot, how they like to publicize racial incidents and push false narratives. Yet this story is not on the prime time radar. The media is not running it prominently. Same with that story about the White guy running over and killing that Black guy. Neither stories are promoted by the media. The media isn't grasping at every racial incident (real or not) to push some kind of agenda . They pick on certain stories that have a je ne sais pas quality to it. Covington for whatever reason just had this quality. This story is just a back-burner article.
Good argument.

5 bills a pop? Is that the equivalent of the "30 minutes or it's free" sales pitch in the killing business? What an affordable way to thin out the herd!

Edit: @carlos cadona had the same idea. Nice work

This man is a piece of shit. 10 years is actually longer than some of the cases I have worked where a lifelong felon was on video shooting at a man. The man was hit and died, the shooter convicted. The defense claimed that someone else shot the guy in the alley, and the guy on video missed his target. He was convicted, but he only got 7 years. Not to mention he was a felon with a firearm! This was black on black crime. My point is that this man tried to get someone to kill his neighbor, and he is getting more time that a career felon that actually killed someone. The sentencing in the legal system is a joke.

more random black man bad from this guy nhbear, hmm. tell us more lol

I meant the MSM isn't itching to publicize in a major fashion every hate crime where the perp is White, which is the rightwing perception. I already stated this earlier in this thread.

No outlet is reporting every hate crime regardless of race. If they did...

hate_crime_statistics_by_race_by_missouripatriot_dcqrb4v-fullview.jpg

It would look VERY BAD for blacks. And it would increase racial divide which we don't want.

You are trying to make a point and then shot yourself in the foot by mentioning the Covington story which was a clear example of media bias where every major news outlet ran with a story before watching the video. And even though we've all seen the video and all have seen the racist pricks in the video AND the media acknowledges the racist pricks in the video, not one outlet has pivoted to start reporting on THAT group of people.

Which is fairly telling considering it was nation wide news that perhaps a bunch of WHITE teens wearing maga hats were being racist. And then finding out that not only were those white teens NOT being racist, but that there was a group of blacks actually being racist.

White teens wearing maga hats had celebrities calling for violence on the poor kids for smiling...because it could be considered racist. But nobody, NOBODY called out the actual fucking racists in the story and the story pretty much died because the white kids were not guilty.

If there was no bias...then the story would have pivoted to the racist black pricks in the video. That didn't happen. Bias apparent. You shot yourself in the foot.

No outlet is reporting every hate crime regardless of race. If they did...

hate_crime_statistics_by_race_by_missouripatriot_dcqrb4v-fullview.jpg

It would look VERY BAD for blacks. And it would increase racial divide which we don't want.

You are trying to make a point and then shot yourself in the foot by mentioning the Covington story which was a clear example of media bias where every major news outlet ran with a story before watching the video. And even though we've all seen the video and all have seen the racist pricks in the video AND the media acknowledges the racist pricks in the video, not one outlet has pivoted to start reporting on THAT group of people.

Which is fairly telling considering it was nation wide news that perhaps a bunch of WHITE teens wearing maga hats were being racist. And then finding out that not only were those white teens NOT being racist, but that there was a group of blacks actually being racist.

White teens wearing maga hats had celebrities calling for violence on the poor kids for smiling...because it could be considered racist. But nobody, NOBODY called out the actual fucking racists in the story and the story pretty much died because the white kids were not guilty.

If there was no bias...then the story would have pivoted to the racist black pricks in the video. That didn't happen. Bias apparent. You shot yourself in the foot.

Why do you keep making these strawman arguments; because I have stated in this thread that the point is the media is not jumping at every racial hate crime involving a White perp, but according to the right it is.

They made a mistake with Covington, but once the facts came out the media did report on it. If the media an agenda like the rightwing claims, then why aren't they jumping on this story, and on the White guy running over and killing the Black guy and other recent stories of hate incidents involving White perps and making a big fuss about it?

You guys on the right love to spin this false narrative of the media having this agenda to get Whitey, but it is a false narrative. Stories like this are the example it is a false narrative.

Last edited:
This story isn't on the radar because nothing happened. A guy tried to hire a fed to kill someone, he's getting ten years in prison.
<{vega}>
Just because nothing happened does not make it insignificant. A White guy contacts a White power group seeking to lynch his Black neighbor, is not your typical murder-for-hire scenario. So why wouldn't the media make a fuss about it, if the media has this agenda to make a fuss about hate crimes with White perps?

No one died in the Covington incident , no one was assaulted, there were no murder-for-hire attempts , yet that was big news.

Why do you keep making these strawman arguments; because I have stated in this thread that the point is the media is not jumping at every racial hate crime involving a White perp, but according to the right it is.

They made a mistake with Covington. But if the media had this agenda like the right claims, then why aren't they jumping on this story, and on the White guy running over and killing the Black guy and other recent stories of hate incidents involving White perps and making a big fuss about it?

You guys on the right love to spin this false narrative of the media having this agenda to get Whitey, but it is a false narrative. Stories like this are the example it is a false narrative.

You are complaining about a strawman while making a strawman.

How very interesting.

Is there a media bias. Yes. That is what pisses off conservative posters on these forums. And it's very clearly evident in the Covington story. However to your more specific theory; I've never seen anyone chant that the "media is jumping at every racial hate crime involving a White perp". That's not a general chant. This story you are posting is a nothing burger. Nothing happened. Outside of intent, nothing happens in this story so move on. That's why it's not getting reported much.

Unless you want to get more broad in conversation with regards to media bias, which is where I am going and where you keep getting confused as to WHY I am going there.

Yes, there is very clearly a media bias. And it needs to be fixed.

- tried to reach out to white supremacist seeking help to murder neighbor
- requested to hang him from a tree and leave a burning cross in his yard

but not a hate crime cause he planned to take over his neighbor's property..

<YeahOKJen>

you people read what you wanna read and leave out the rest...
It's actually a decent plan. Why would you suspect the neighbor when it has all the makings of a hate crime.

You are complaining about a strawman while making a strawman.

How very interesting.

Is there a media bias. Yes. That is what pisses off conservative posters on these forums. And it's very clearly evident in the Covington story. However to your more specific theory; I've never seen anyone chant that the "media is jumping at every racial hate crime involving a White perp". That's not a general chant. This story you are posting is a nothing burger. Nothing happened. Outside of intent, nothing happens in this story so move on. That's why it's not getting reported much.

So that is your own false narrative. Unless you want to get more broad in conversation with regards to media bias, which is where I am going and where you keep getting confused as to WHY I am going there.

Yes, there is very clearly a media bias. And it needs to be fixed.
The Strawman = you shifting the argument to all hate crimes. It is a strawman because the context of this thread is about hate crimes where the perps are White , since the rightwing tries to claim the media has an agenda to promote such incidents.

There isn't a media bias to pick White like the right is trying to claim. If there was the media would be making sure everyone knew about this story, the other story with the Black guy getting run over and many more stories with White perps that gets no attention. Covington doesn't show a bias necessarily, it is really about Media finding certain stories that have a certain quality to them that the media perceives is good for ratings.

A White guy hiring what he thought was a White supremacist to lynch a Black neighbor is not a nothing story, as it harks back to America's dark past.

The Strawman = you shifting the argument to all hate crimes. It is a strawman because the context of this thread is about hate crimes where the perps are White , since the rightwing tries to claim the media has an agenda to promote such incidents.

There isn't a media bias to pick White like the right is trying to claim. If there was the media would be making sure everyone knew about this story, the other story with the Black guy getting run over and many more stories with White perps that gets no attention. Covington doesn't show a bias necessarily, it is really about Media finding certain stories that have a certain quality to them that the media perceives is good for ratings.

A White guy hiring what he thought was a White supremacist to lynch a Black neighbor is not a nothing story, as it harks back to America's dark past.

Sorry bud. You brought Covington into this and it clearly showcase media bias. (which is what I'm talking about)

Maybe you shouldn't have done that?

It's actually a decent plan. Why would you suspect the neighbor when it has all the makings of a hate crime.
But if the plan actually had gone through, the nature of the crime would bring about a lot of attention, increasing the odds that investigators will find out the true nature of the crime. If this guy was actually trying to deflect suspicion away from him, he would not want attention to the killing.

Sorry bud. You brought Covington into this and it clearly showcase media bias. (which is what I'm talking about)

Maybe you shouldn't have done that?
Ofcourse I brought Covington into this, that is / was the whole point of the thread, that the rightwing was using that incident to spin this narrative the media is out to publicize any incident with racial undertones where the perp is White.

This pussy is an actual redneck.

merlin_137952273_81345f00-3372-4401-a764-60f3a3d5b324-jumbo.jpg

Kinda looks like he tried to lynch himself too.

I am assuming you read the O.P. , so you should know my point was that the rightwing is inaccurate to claim the media jumps at every chance to publicize hate crimes.
And the "leftist" media (not obvious leftist MSNBC but media in general) eat their own. When a lefty gets into trouble the media reports that too.

If it bleeds, it leads has always been the motto. It gets clicks, run the story.

Ofcourse I brought Covington into this, that is / was the whole point of the thread, that the rightwing was using that incident to spin this narrative the media is out to publicize any incident with racial undertones where the perp is White.

And lol...you think you are discounting it's events that to this very day show clear bias for the fact that not a whisper has been said about the actual BLACK racists in that story because you happened to find a nothing burger story where nothing really happens in it besides some white dude being incredibly stupid? And it's not really trending?

That's what you are putting down here?

Back