White loved the idea of Lombard facing Matt Brown w win vs. Burkman. Lombard wants it

The decision was a joke. Any attempt to justify it is a worse joke.

I can see that you're not interested in actually having a discussion.

Last edited:
I always thought it was hilarious that Brown publicly questioned Wonderboy's kickboxing record saying he fought nobodies way back, then years later Lombard called Brown out and he's been beating unranked opponents and Brown wouldn't respond. If Lombard wins I hope Brown would accept the fight.

Considering Lombard's probably going to finish Burkman quickly, this is as good as booked and man, it'll be a fucking sick fight - better than Brown/Saffiedine, which would've also been cool.

^ but would Brown accept the fight? Coming off a loss to Lawler definitely set Brown back, but if he's able to beat Lombard, that gets Brown back in the mix.

Yeap, it seems like Lawler vs. Hendricks 3 is happening in Montreal.

if that is the case, would Rory also be on the undercard, in anticipation of having Rory take on the winner? Provided Hendricks doesn't win back the title, which might lead to a 4th straight fight vs Lawler

Both Lawler/Hendricks fights ended in controversy. I thought Lawler won the first fight and lost the second and I was rooting for Robbie.

Why do you consider both title fights "controversial" I think that's a phrase that gets thrown around too much. Hendricks out struck Lawler in the first fight by a slim margin and got the late take down in the 5th round ... aside from 1 shit scorecard that had Hendricks winning round 2 10-8 (which makes no sense)

every judge had Hendricks winning by a point. Even Lawler knows he lost vs Hendricks. Close fight yes, but IMO calling it controversial is a stretch .... especially when the loser admits he didn't do enough to win

as for the rematch, another close fight and a strong case could be made for Lawler taking rounds 1 and 4-5 (due to strong finishes in the last minute of each round)

compared to the March victory .. Lawler's title winning effort wasn't as decisive ... though he received a scorecard of 4 rounds to 1 on one judges scorecard Lawler still closed out rounds 4-5 strong enough to where a case could be made that he won those rounds, and as result took the fight (which he did)

both Hendricks-Lawler fights were very closely contested bouts, but I think it's kind of a stretch to call em controversial, just because you had a different winner than what was officially announced. In just about ANY close fight experts scorecards will be split

**had the second fight turned out differently, with Hendricks outlanding Lawler by a supremely wide margin (lets just say 40-7) in rounds 4-5 and Johny lost .. THEN you could say the decision was controversial

Close fights, yes. Controversial is stretching it.

I agree with MacDonald vs Lombard as a title eliminator.

Brown isn't really that close to the title, coming off a brutal loss and Lombard will be on a strong 3 fight win streak in that case...strange matchmaking. And who is Rory going to fight next? Then again I get the feeling they really want to keep Lombard away from the title. Who knows what kind of special clauses and pay rise are in his contract when he wins the belt.

I always thought it was hilarious that Brown publicly questioned Wonderboy's kickboxing record saying he fought nobodies way back, then years later Lombard called Brown out and he's been beating unranked opponents and Brown wouldn't respond. If Lombard wins I hope Brown would accept the fight.

If he declines a Lombard fight for a third time these past 5 months- he needs a better excuse than the first two. Woodley said Lombard was his teammate. Maybe Brown can say that he loves Cuba, and will never fight a Cuban fighter like Lombard (LOL).

They're wasting Lombard's time. He could have had Brown as his fight already instead of having to beat Burkman up first. He isn't getting any younger. He's even taking a step back now fighting Burkman after Shields.

They're wasting Lombard's time. He could have had Brown as his fight already instead of having to beat Burkman up first. He isn't getting any younger. He's even taking a step back now fighting Burkman after Shields.

The UFC wanted to make Lombard vs. Brown for November (the Australia Card) and then for today (January 3), but Brown's manager declined the fight both times. Woodley did the same for November. Lombard said he simply wanted to fight, and the UFC had to get Burkman, since Lombard and Brown declined him, and other UFC top ten WW's were booked or injured.

The UFC wanted to make Lombard vs. Brown for November (the Australia Card) and then for today (January 3), but Brown's manager declined the fight both times. Woodley did the same for November. Lombard said he simply wanted to fight, and the UFC had to get Burkman, since Lombard and Brown declined him, and other UFC top ten WW's were booked or injured.

Ah, I got that. Thx.

I'd like to see this, but as a main event. This is the type of fight that should be a 5 rounder because Matt Brown doesn't slow down and Hector is a quick starter. The 4th and 5th round would be very interesting. I'd ultimately favor Hector because of his strength and grappling ability, but Brown has looked awesome as of late. This would be a solid Fox Sports 1 main event.

Non sense. Save the 5 rounds for fights that are going to actually past third.

Lombard via KO round 1.

Where is this Lombard hype coming from? He beats two guys at the tail end of their careers, and now he's the second coming. Do people not remember how easily he was shutdown by Okami and Boetsch?

Shutdown by Boetsch? Jake Shields at the tail end of his career?? Keep sipping that Haterade.

Shutdown by Boetsch? Jake Shields at the tail end of his career?? Keep sipping that Haterade.

He lost to Boetsch and Shields is no longer in the UFC. Tastes good.

Meh. Lombard-MacDonald is the fight I want to see.

Back