1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

White headgear?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by MMAGearGuideNet, Jul 8, 2010.

1. MMAGearGuideNet

MMAGearGuideNet Orange Belt

So I'm dead-set on ordering a Winning FG-2900 and I really can't decide whether to go for the white or black.

Someone on the FG-2900 Review thread stated that they are "as white as the day he got them".

Just wondering if anyone else with experience with the Winnings in particular if the white does stain (of course it will) and if it's hard to clean?

Cheers.

2. GFG

GFG Green Belt

it is a pvc shell so i would assume it would be easy to clean.

truthfully i hate to say this about someone else's product but it's a damb high quality PVC shell at that, it reminded me of upholstery vinyl.

So if i were you i'd head over to a local furniture store with your headgear in hand to match up the vinyl with something they have on the floor.Then ask a salesperson how they would clean that piece of furniture, if your lucky they might just give you a 15min demonstration. :)

if i have time i'll cut a piece of some winning pvc, and like some late night infomercial get it super dirty and try to clean it, i'll even get it on video for you ;)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  3. MMAGearGuideNet

MMAGearGuideNet Orange Belt

You're awesome GFG. I saw your recent R&D through Cody and I cringed like mad. Haha. :D

Ordered it in black for practicality but I'm honestly pretty excited for what you're coming up with even though I'm getting the Winning ones just because I know what to expect with the Winning, yours still is surrounded by a shroud of mystery.

4. ManilaIce

ManilaIce Orange Belt

I just got my black FG-2900...can't wait to take it through the wringer in sparring.

have my eye on your Kong MMA Sparring gloves though GFG :)

5. GFG

GFG Green Belt

yeah i'm just getting a bit obsessive with gear now a days, i think it might be because i'm quitting my full time job next month to focus all my attention this stuff. Which is pretty scary and might be making me a tad bit crazy :eek: but if the transition means that i can produce better products and give even better customer service (i don't even know if that is possible i guess i could personally deliver all my orders, winnipeg to LA is what only 24hr drive lol) then i'm sure my customers will be fine by that.

6. jtmb

jtmb Blue Belt

I have the FG-2900 in white, and so far it has held up blemish free. Recently, however, it acquired some pinkish stains, but I am 99% sure these marks are from the dye bleeding off of my Ringside IMF techs that I bought that had the dye issue. I have yet to try to clean it off, as I don't really care if my gear has marks on it. Otherwise, white as snow.