White: Cormier next in line at LHW

Cormier should get a shot. After all, he's in line for a heavyweight title shot. Glover is nothing.

I'm fine with this if it means that Nelson loses. I don't like Nelson and any scenario that involves him winning then I can deal with Cormier getting a title shot at a weight class he hasn't fought at yet if it means Redneck Fat Boy loses.

Barnett just flattened Mir in less than 2 mins. while using the same gameplan as Cormier did.

Cormier better make a statement against Nelson esp. since Miocic mauled Nelson.

Barnett just flattened Mir in less than 2 mins. while using the same gameplan as Cormier did.

Cormier has the Mir curse going against him, too.

This. Someone else sees it. It's hilarious seeing people try and frame Cormier's fight against Mir as a great performance when literally every other fighter who has beaten Mir has done it more impressively.

Cormier needs to look great against Nelson, like JDS or Miocic good. Even Dana criticized his win over Mir.

Something tells me Jones would finally get his ass handed to him, a black Cain Velasquez that drops from HW to take on Jones, its going to be a awesome fight, Gus is trying to stop this from happening tho

If DC gets a titleshot at LHW without a single LHW win in his career, I am going to puke.

Also, Cormier is a top 3 HW, who dismantled Frank Mir and beat Barnett (who also did the same) to win the Strikeforce GP. With a win over Nelson, it's really hard to deny him a title shot since he's moving down. More impressive streak than Glover, imo.

Okay_thats_okay.gif

Rampage was also in the top 10. The thing is, even if he beat another contender, people would still whine.

If he beat the following:
Rashad - He was just 1-2 in his past 3 and has been awful since losing to Jones.
Machida - 3-4 in his last 7. Beat two old men (Couture and Hendo, that win being very close and boring) and Bader who ran face first into his fist.
Gus - Lost to Davis, hasn't beat anyone of note except Shogun, who is on a steep decline.
Davis - Lost to Rashad, "beat" Machida (I thought he won BTW), beats a couple of cans beforehand. Fights like he's underwater.
Hendo - Old and lost 2 in a row. One-trick pony.

And people would throw in that Jones already beat fighter X, so big deal that Glover beat him. Do you see my point? Again, people will whine regardless.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I'm talking about people who would whine if Glover was passed up in favor of Cormier. Glover's the next contender, but its not like he's solidified his place to where it would be unfair to make him wait or fight another fight. I see no problem with giving Cormier a shot first as its a more interesting fight.

We don't even know for sure if he can make the weight. I'd rather Glover take the shot and have Davis fight Cormier. That way Cormier can make the weight and get a LHW win. The first cut is always hard, he wouldn't have a shot in hell.

I seriously don't understand why anyone wants to see glover vs jones.

Lets just do DC vs Jones

Wow they're really disrespecting Davis now. At least Glover has expierence at the LHW division even if his shot is undeserved. Cormier just has one fight against Frank Mir at HW. I think Nelson might beat Cormier but that fight

Even though Glover deserves the shot more than Cormier I prefer that Cormier would get the shot because it might set a precedent of HW's coming down to LHW to challenge Jones and keep Jones at LHW as I feel him moving up to HW is stupid. Cormier would get his ass kicked by Jones though.

Back