White: Cormier next in line at LHW

glover should be next in line, then get DC to win at least a fight in LHW bef a TS

That'd be horrible. Daniel is definitely not a lhw, despite being a smaller heavy weight. Also, send Lawler and Demian and even Rory back to their respective weight classes already. The fuck is up with this shitty new weight cutting thing?

I'm fine with that. Assuming cormier can make weight. But Dana shouldn't be rewarding guys that change classes since they refuse to fight friends.

Cormier vs. Jones at SuperBowl weekend in New Jersey would be huge.

No it wouldn't.

Cormier still isn't a "name". Most casual fans will recognize him at only guy to have a win over Mir NOT by KO who also happens to look like a giant turtle and has zero wins at LHW.

I really don't like the idea of Dana saying "oh so & so will get the next shot @ the champion" then a few weeks later his tune changes saying it will be someone else. I personally want to see D.C. vs Jones but Glover was already told he was next in line ffs.

I really don't like the idea of Dana saying "oh so & so will get the next shot @ the champion" then a few weeks later his tune changes saying it will be someone else. I personally want to see D.C. vs Jones but Glover was already told he was next in line ffs.

The guy is one of the biggest hypocrites walking the face of the earth, but then again he's a promoter.

http://www.cagedinsider.com/ufc/white-cormier-next-line-lhw-title-shot-beats-big-country/
so now dana says its cormier if he beats nelson? this is bullshit texiera is next in line, now i really hope somehow big country pulls off a win

f3uyh4.jpg

You could update the OP with this new info.

Cormier should have to beat a top 10 lhw to earn a shot IMO. He they should match him up with Davis or Machida when he drops

Cormier should have a fight at LHW before he faces Jones to adjust his cut..

Dana is trying to maximize Jones's chances here

Cormier should have to beat a top 10 lhw to earn a shot IMO. He they should match him up with Davis or Machida when he drops

Just the thought of Daniel fighting Lyoto is hilarious. It's almost as bad as when BJ fought him.

Wish Dana would stop trying to prod Cormier to do lhw. A super fight between him and Cain would be amazing at this point and makes a lot more sense.

Glover has done less, by far, in the weight class below DC. DC should get a HW title shot but obviously won't fight Cain. DC would walk through anyone Glover has beaten, and let's not act like Glover was impressive in his last fight, he was lucky.

Glover was lucky? I guess blocking all of Bader's shots (after the left) and landing a perfect combo is just luck...

Are people really crying about Glover possibly not getting a title shot? While he's logically next in line, that's only because Jones has beaten everyone else. The only top 10 win he has is Bader, who has never been near a title shot himself. Glover has managed to become a contender without actually fighting any of the other contenders. Its not really a crime to give him another fight while Jones has an interesting fight with a heavyweight contender.

Rampage was also in the top 10. The thing is, even if he beat another contender, people would still whine.

If he beat the following:
Rashad - He was just 1-2 in his past 3 and has been awful since losing to Jones.
Machida - 3-4 in his last 7. Beat two old men (Couture and Hendo, that win being very close and boring) and Bader who ran face first into his fist.
Gus - Lost to Davis, hasn't beat anyone of note except Shogun, who is on a steep decline.
Davis - Lost to Rashad, "beat" Machida (I thought he won BTW), beats a couple of cans beforehand. Fights like he's underwater.
Hendo - Old and lost 2 in a row. One-trick pony.

And people would throw in that Jones already beat fighter X, so big deal that Glover beat him. Do you see my point? Again, people will whine regardless.

The guy is one of the biggest hypocrites walking the face of the earth, but then again he's a promoter.

Yeah I know. I really shouldn't be surprised by anything he says but it's good to see that Dana was mistaken & that it will indeed be Tex next up to bat.

Yeah I know. I really shouldn't be surprised by anything he says but it's good to see that Dana was mistaken & that it will indeed be Tex next up to bat.

Exactly. At this point everything Dana does is a marketing gimmick to draw more revenue for Zuffa. It's smart I suppose, but I've never liked promoters turning into characters. I feel guys like Coker were way more laid back and just let the fights happen without all the added hoopla.

P.S. I watched Dutch a few nights ago.

Back