White: Cormier next in line at LHW

Cormier didn't exactly set the world on fire in his last fight. I'm seeing a Nelson upset, things just seem to be aligning that way.

How exciting

Are people really crying about Glover possibly not getting a title shot? While he's logically next in line, that's only because Jones has beaten everyone else. The only top 10 win he has is Bader, who has never been near a title shot himself. Glover has managed to become a contender without actually fighting any of the other contenders. Its not really a crime to give him another fight while Jones has an interesting fight with a heavyweight contender.

Big country will KO cormier.

That funny as hell.

DC will be 3-4 steps ahead of Nelson all night and outbox him. Same thing he did to barnett, but Roy is a lot slower and not near the wrestler. UD 30-27 DC

Are people really crying about Glover possibly not getting a title shot? While he's logically next in line, that's only because Jones has beaten everyone else. The only top 10 win he has is Bader, who has never been near a title shot himself. Glover has managed to become a contender without actually fighting any of the other contenders. Its not really a crime to give him another fight while Jones has an interesting fight with a heavyweight contender.

Page was top ten, and how many top 10 wins did Jones have before fighting Shogun?

Glover has done less, by far, in the weight class below DC. DC should get a HW title shot but obviously won't fight Cain. DC would walk through anyone Glover has beaten, and let's not act like Glover was impressive in his last fight, he was lucky.

Um, no.

First off, you don't even know if DC can MAKE 205. He's not exactly young in MMA years, and of course he had renal failure back in the day when he cut weight as a wrestler. So yeah, to say that Cormier should jump the line because he decisioned Frank Mir is ... laughable.

Glover may not have fought a who's who - but he's a LHW - he has no problems making the weight, and he's the current UFC number 2 contender at LHW.

If Cormier wants a title shot, he can either agree to fight the JDS/Cain winner, or he can drop to 205, PROVE he can hit that weight while beating a top five contender and THEN get his shot.

Fuck why not the match making is such a joke they should just keep the trend alive ex vitor vs Jones , Chael vs Jones

Um, no.

First off, you don't even know if DC can MAKE 205. He's not exactly young in MMA years, and of course he had renal failure back in the day when he cut weight as a wrestler. So yeah, to say that Cormier should jump the line because he decisioned Frank Mir is ... laughable.

That was a quick weight cut - this will be sustained dieting via a nutritional and lifestyle changes over a period of months. He's posting progress photos from his dieting online. Judging by his height and appearance, it's hard to deny he'll be able to make it.

Secondly, he beat Mir at HW yes. But also dismantled Barnett for 5 rounds and KO'd Bigfoot in Round 1 to win the Strikeforce HW GP. Both are much greater accomplishments than anything Glover has put up at the weight class below, which is less dangerous. If Cormier is seriously dropping to LHW, I see no reason to take up arms to the fact that he's getting a title shot first.

glover deserves the next crack at LWH gold whther it be jones/gus

If you really want Bones to lose I'd say Cormier is the more likely candidate to make that happen, although I did dream that Glover laid him out cold.

man if nelson lands that overhand, hahahahah that'll be fucked, that's the thing with most heavyweights all it takes is 1 shot, i'm not counting nelson out completely.

Jones/DC is a better fight. MMA fans will bitch about anything!

Why would a guy who never fought at LHW be next in line for a title shot?

True, but then why would a guy who got destroyed in a MW title fight be allowed to move up, get a spot on TUF and get a LHW title shot? Lots of it doesn't make sense

At first I wanted to be pissed...

But just like those weird nights where my soldier just will not salute for the old lady....

I thought about it, and I kind of just don't care anymore...

Lol funny...but I agree with you...

Although neither texiera nor gustaffason cleaned out division like a true contender should before they get a title shot... Dana has been known to change his mind as far as who is next in line goes.

Page was top ten, and how many top 10 wins did Jones have before fighting Shogun?

He was an injury replacement. And no one would have cried if an undefeated heavyweight contender had taken Rashad's place instead. Your point is?

Back