White: Cormier next in line at LHW

Glover should probably get the next shot, but people shouldn't pretend that he has gone through a murderer's row to get to Jones.

Agree, he's had a relatively easy road to a title shot.

Glover will get the shot and if Cormier beats Nelson he'll fight Phil Davis at lhw, for some reason I see this happening.

Also, Cormier is a top 3 HW, who dismantled Frank Mir and beat Barnett (who also did the same) to win the Strikeforce GP. With a win over Nelson, it's really hard to deny him a title shot since he's moving down. More impressive streak than Glover, imo.

Would people really be up in arms about Cormier over taking Glover for a title shot?

Cormier vs. Jones at SuperBowl weekend in New Jersey would be huge.

I think that's gay as fuck. Cormier has done NOTHING to even show he has a a chance at jones. He hasn't even fought at the weight but he gets the shot for beating the fattest HW there is?

Hate seeing a fighter from a different weight class pass everyone who has been working their way up in the other division.

Shit is getting ridiculous.

It's bad business for Dana and the UFC to gift Cormier an instant title shot at 205er without proving he can stay there.

Give him a #1 contender fight at 205er first.

It's bad business for Dana and the UFC to gift Cormier an instant title shot at 205er without proving he can stay there.

Give him a #1 contender fight at 205er first.

History has shown that there has been a lot of lost title shots because a guy had to win one last fight.

I think that's gay as fuck. Cormier has done NOTHING to even show he has a a chance at jones. He hasn't even fought at the weight but he gets the shot for beating the fattest HW there is?

He has 3 wins at HW that are arguably better than any of Glover's wins at LHW.

DC should fight at MW, he definitely earned it

I dont like the fact that Sonnen and Cormier both will get and have got title shots outside their weight class AND are on Fox broadcasts as analysts.

When are you guys going to learn that Dana says this shit to promote fights that these supposed title contenders have coming up?

We won't know who's actually getting the next shot until the fight is signed.

This should come as no surprise. In the last couple of years, it seems as though White leans towards the match ups with high drama, as evident with Chael vs Jones, Rousey vs Tate, etc. Cormier and Jones have a little beef, so of course he will exploit that for $$.

Glover has done less, by far, in the weight class below DC. DC should get a HW title shot but obviously won't fight Cain. DC would walk through anyone Glover has beaten, and let's not act like Glover was impressive in his last fight, he was lucky.

That's some bullshit. I guess we'll see Glover/Davis after all--that would be a perfect top contender's match.

Roy Nelson seems to be the one to play spoiler in all of this.

Would rather see Cormier vs Davis... Title shot in first cut to 205 is crazy... what if he gases in 1st rd or can't make it at all?

I hope Big Country takes all this overlooking him personal and derails DC...but I'm not banking on it.

Cormier deserves a title shot. He is undefeated at the weightclass that most LHW's duck.

Lame! we don`t even know if Cormier can make LHW? Meanwhile Glover has been on a good winning streak at LHW.

Glover doesnt care about fighting again, he will just be next after cormier

Lame! we don`t even know if Cormier can make LHW? Meanwhile Glover has been on a good winning streak at LHW.

He's pretty confident he can, and judging by his size and appearance, it's not going to be that difficult.

Cormier has beaten better competition at a higher, more dangerous weight class. He has shown continual improvement in all aspects of his game, and is Cain's freaking wrestling coach if that's any indication of his wrestling prowess. Plus he's undefeated and has a little beef with Jones. Don't get why people are heated about him getting a shot first, at all.

Back