White: Cormier next in line at LHW

RoosterVerde

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
http://www.cagedinsider.com/ufc/white-cormier-next-line-lhw-title-shot-beats-big-country/
so now dana says its cormier if he beats nelson? this is bullshit texiera is next in line, now i really hope somehow big country pulls off a win

EDIT: Ariel Helwani has confirmed that it was a mistake by dana
f3uyh4.jpg

Last edited:
Would people really be up in arms about Cormier over taking Glover for a title shot?

Cormier vs. Jones at SuperBowl weekend in New Jersey would be huge.

That's some bullshit. I guess we'll see Glover/Davis after all--that would be a perfect top contender's match.

Roy Nelson seems to be the one to play spoiler in all of this.

Would people really be up in arms about Cormier over taking Glover for a title shot?

Cormier vs. Jones at SuperBowl weekend in New Jersey would be huge.

i find glover to be more exciting and if cormier loses i dont want to hear excuses like "oh my weight cut was bad"

Dana counting them chickens too early.

This is assuming Nelson and Gus loses. Its highly likely but, I feel like hes shitting on Gus and Nelson.

MMA media has taken this story and ran with it but its totally out of context. This was a rando comment - completely in passing - during a hour long 'google hangout' chat he did with the MMA roasted guy.

They fired a thousand questions and it wasn't legitimately discussed and nobody followed up to mention Glover or ask the details. This wasn't any sort of official proclamation.

I'm sure its on the table, but Dana's comment in that chat shouldn't really color it. If Cormier comes in lighter than usual, looking in shape and serious about the cut, and fantastically stops Roy Nelson, I think they may book it.

Then it will boil down to either Glover or Cormier being healthy.

Big DC fan but he needs a warmup fight at LHW first. Give Glover the shot in the meantime

At first I wanted to be pissed...

But just like those weird nights where my soldier just will not salute for the old lady....

I thought about it, and I kind of just don't care anymore...

It doesn't really matter to me. Let it happen.

Dana corrected himself if i remember correctly, though Glover is my favorite fighter, i would be fine with Cormier getting the shot and Glover kicking Davis around the octagon.

Doesn't really matter, the Mir curse will take care of Cormier.

Nelson is no cake walk for DC. I'm betting on Nelson (A small amount) to win the fight. And I'd personally like to see Glover/Jones over DC/Jones. Cormier wins, give him Davis as a "warm up" fight. No way a guy with trouble cutting weight is gonna fight the champion first time cutting to 205, if he loses I can already see all the excuses....

Why would a guy who never fought at LHW be next in line for a title shot?

Nelson has never ever been able to make a good showing against top competition. He will falter, as always, against Cormier.

Cormier is faster, has good power, overall is a better striker, has better cardio, infinitely better wrestling...

Glover should probably get the next shot, but people shouldn't pretend that he has gone through a murderer's row to get to Jones.

Why would a guy who never fought at LHW be next in line for a title shot?

Because he is top 3 or 4 at the weight class above and Strikeforce GP champ. The guy has more than earned a title shot. It's not a bad idea for him to have a fight at LHW first though.

Back