white belts allowed to do ankle locks??

pk1mbjj

White Belt
Reaction score
At my last competition I found out that white belts are allowed to do ankle locks! My instructor told me they re not allowed for white belts. Which ankle locks are legal? Has anyone won with a ankle lock as a white belt? Should I start learning 50/50 guard now?

straight ankle locks are legal

At white belt you can do a straight foot/ankle locks, I haven't seen white belts really going for them at comps I have watched/been at. I'm not sure if it because many are not confident of getting the opportunity and then executing the move legally.

Straight Ankle Lock, Achilles Lock and Groin Stretches are legal at all adult levels under IBJJF rules. Your instructor is wrong.

At my last competition I found out that white belts are allowed to do ankle locks! My instructor told me they re not allowed for white belts. Which ankle locks are legal? Has anyone won with a ankle lock as a white belt? Should I start learning 50/50 guard now?

lol, this was at the comp in Moria and Sauron is your instructor? enough of your fantasy land bullshit threads, silverD

Let me guess, your instructor is Brazilian and at least 35 years old?

They're 100% legal at white belt and for 16/17 year old blue belts. I'm a ref for the tournaments that made those rules.

So back in the days, there were not legal for white belts...and the older generation of BJJ BB do not keep up with the IBJJF rules.

Why don't you slow down making threads.

What the hell are you talking about? My name is Paul and my instructor is Souza

Cobrinha is my professor andSouza is the instructor who told me ankle locks aren't allowed

Hold on here.

Who is souza? Does he work for Cobrinha?

Have you ask Cobrinha about the rules?

Have you taking the time to go on the IBJJF website and check the rules for yourselves?

Have you read the rules or website event if it is not an IBJJF event?

Hold on here.

Who is souza? Does he work for Cobrinha?

Have you ask Cobrinha about the rules?

Have you taking the time to go on the IBJJF website and check the rules for yourselves?

Have you read the rules or website event if it is not an IBJJF event?

Yes he works for cobrinha. What is the big deal?? He is Brazilian and over 35 maybe he didn't keep upwith the rules

Yes he works for cobrinha. What is the big deal?? He is Brazilian and over 35 maybe he didn't keep upwith the rules

Well, you need to get that rule confirmed before you enter a competition.

Are the white betls allowed to roll with straight ankle at Cobrinha's?

Back