International Whistleblowers expose White House transferring Nuclear tech. to Saudi Arabia

Even if you want to take the huge leap of faith that power plants won't eventually lead to nuclear weapons or weaponized nuclear waste in a country that is known for funding terrorism, there is still the matter that this move is essentially a quid-pro-quo for Trump cabinet members. It's everything the Uranium One CT was supposed to be.

Which is why I said I was concerned with what happen to the spent fuel.

And that everything is legal.

Which is why I was concerned about what happens to the spent fuel.

I don't want to put all our eggs in the nuclear basket, as well. I was just saying I would be more comfortable with the technology being shared with a country like Australia as opposed to Saudi Arabia.
Have you seen Starship Troopers? We don't want to give Australia nukes.

Israel already did this in the 60's. Zalman Shapiro in Numec, we (UK) sold them the heavy water.

Also don't the Saudi's already have access to nukes via pakistan as they basically funded the programme?

Having Nukes is a great way to force negotiations , considering how often nations are getting attacked for lies, everyone should get them.

Israel already did this in the 60's. Zalman Shapiro in Numec, we (UK) sold them the heavy water.

Also don't the Saudi's already have access to nukes via pakistan as they basically funded the programme?

Having Nukes is a great way to force negotiations , considering how often nations are getting attacked for lies, everyone should get them.

I would say being able to create your own is better than having access to.

I would say being able to create your own is better than having access to.

ofc. I'm not sure if they actually possess them or not, it was just mentioned they payed Pakistan a lot of money when they made theirs.

ofc. I'm not sure if they actually possess them or not, it was just mentioned they payed Pakistan a lot of money when they made theirs.

Ya and I was just stating regardless of having or not, being able to produce your own would be more in line with national interests.

More like "asking you for beer money, buy weapons with that money, then come back to massacre anyone at the party.
Allah O Akbar !!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, they don't come back. They call their in-laws in the next town over and pay for them to take driving lessons. Then the inlaws carjack someone and drive a Range Rover through your living room.

It's a 2" stone for a mile vertical climb. Just having nuclear material does not equate to being capable of producing weapons grade material. Were nuclear weapons so simple to produce this world would have been destroyed years ago. Think about it...al Qaeda found it easier to put into motion a year long+ plan hijacking airplanes rather than try and get their hands on a nuke. There are PLENTY of countries out there with nuclear power plants...why didn't they just "science the shit out of some stuff" and whip up a quick nuke and drop the towers?

About 31 countries have nuclear power plants.
https://www.euronuclear.org/info/encyclopedia/n/nuclear-power-plant-world-wide.htm

Only 9 countries have nuclear weapons and not all of them have actually shown they can create and detonate nuclear weapons.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_states_with_nuclear_weapons

Your false equivocation of having nuclear power plants = having weapons grade nuclear material is absolutely false.

For what it's worth enriching uranium to get it to weapons grade isn't a quick and easy issue. It's also a completely and totally different animal than a basic enrichment needed for nuclear power plants. I will also suggest that us sharing nuclear technology has the capacity to enable people to skip our mistakes and go straight to a super safe, ultra-effective nuclear power plant. This reduces the chance of failure or melt-down and makes the world safer.

You can make low yield plutonium from LWR, how is that absorbing into your brain? In order to service a Neclear Power industry you must have people skilled and trained to do so, not just operations but scientists and engineers who over time can easily shift into the bomb making industry. People also said NK wouldn’t have the capability to make weapons and look where they are now. As stated in this thread, Saudi already assisted Pakistan with financial aide to develop the bomb. I wonder if they’ll now share that information?

Having a nuclear power industry also gives you the ability to better hide you nuclear weapons industry.

You put way to much faith the Saudis will act benevolent.

You can make low yield plutonium from LWR, how is that absorbing into your brain? In order to service a Neclear Power industry you must have people skilled and trained to do so, not just operations but scientists and engineers who over time can easily shift into the bomb making industry. People also said NK wouldn’t have the capability to make weapons and look where they are now. As stated in this thread, Saudi already assisted Pakistan with financial aide to develop the bomb. I wonder if they’ll now share that information?

Having a nuclear power industry also gives you the ability to better hide you nuclear weapons industry.

You put way to much faith the Saudis will act benevolent.

I've already put to bed your silly notion that having a nuclear power plant equates to being capable of producing nuclear weapons. No point in conversing further with you because you're all over the place with your assertions. If the Sauid's helped to finance the bomb for Pakistan do you believe they didn't receive any bomb technology in return? If they wanted a bomb they would already have it considering how much money they have.

I have no faith that the Saudis will act benevolent...instead I have "faith" that the US will stop anything before it happens. It's the way we've been doing things for 70+ years and I think it will keep on happening that way. We'll see, but that's my take on things.

Where are all the stupid assholes? Still taking victory laps in the Jussie thread?

Rightwingers when Obama struck a deal with Iran to restrict their nuclear program to power plants -

<{spoogebab}><Ellaria01>

Rightwingers when Trump crew gives state sponsor of terror Saudi Arabia nuclear technology without Congressional approval -
<Fedor23><{blankeye}>

I've already put to bed your silly notion that having a nuclear power plant equates to being capable of producing nuclear weapons. No point in conversing further with you because you're all over the place with your assertions. If the Sauid's helped to finance the bomb for Pakistan do you believe they didn't receive any bomb technology in return? If they wanted a bomb they would already have it considering how much money they have.

I have no faith that the Saudis will act benevolent...instead I have "faith" that the US will stop anything before it happens. It's the way we've been doing things for 70+ years and I think it will keep on happening that way. We'll see, but that's my take on things.

You can try to put to bed something you made up, that’s all in your delusional little world. No where did I equate power to weapons but that having one industry is a stepping stone to starting the other but I’m sure you continued to gloss over that because you’re constantly trying to make your arguement work. Keep dancing.

I am beginning to wonder if Trump is a secret Muslim because all the things he does for the House of Saud.
I am on the look out to see if Trump does a terrorist fist bump.

I am beginning to wonder if Trump is a secret Muslim because all the things he does for the House of Saud.
I am on the look out to see if Trump does a terrorist fist bump.

Only a jihadi would eat well done steak with ketchup.

Only a jihadi would eat well done steak with ketchup.
Did you notice at the McDonalds spread he put out for the Clemson football team, they did not have any pork products. All chicken and beef products.
You know who else does not like pork, is Muslims.

Did you notice at the McDonalds spread he put out for the Clemson football team, they did not have any pork products. All chicken and beef products.
You know who else does not like pork, is Muslims.

<{Joewithit}><TheWire1>

Back