International Whistleblowers expose White House transferring Nuclear tech. to Saudi Arabia

PLAN FOR DOZENS OF REACTORS

Working with the U.S. government, the consortium would build dozens of power reactors in Saudi Arabia, Egypt and other U.S. Arab allies, according to the IP3 website. In doing so, the project would help restore U.S. influence in the Middle East while boosting regional economic and political stability, according to the website.

Flynn, a retired Army general, promoted the plan on two 2015 trips to Saudi Arabia, and listed himself on government documents as an IP3 advisor during a period in 2016 while he was working for Trump's campaign and transition, the report said.

Flynn's work on the nuclear plan was "thoroughly" reviewed by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, who never indicated it was legally problematic, a person familiar with the matter said. Flynn was charged in December 2017 with lying to FBI agents about his contacts with the Russian ambassador and is cooperating with Mueller's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Nuclear POWER PLANTS, not nuclear WEAPONS. Did you guys even read the OP or the link?

So we want Climate Change to stop, but we also don't want nations to have the technology to easily switch to nuclear power? For those who are unaware a nuclear power plant is EXCEPTIONALLY DIFFERENT from nuclear weapons.
They don't have fuel production facilities. Any added nuclear capability will also help on the way to a weapons program. Even if they are still against nukes, the point of the story is the white House wants to rush this transfer in violation of law and without a review by Congress.

Not to mention the plan has Flynn's fingerprints. Yucky.

They don't have fuel production facilities. Any added nuclear capability will also help on the way to a weapons program. Even if they are still against nukes, the point of the story is the white House wants to rush this transfer in violation of law and without a review by Congress.

Not to mention the plan has Flynn's fingerprints. Yucky.

This is patently false, and my only point in posting was that people assumed that "nuclear tech" directly meant nuclear weapons rather than nuclear power plants. NOWHERE does it state in that report (at least that I could see) did they even mention this as being even remotely related to nuclear weapons or even the possibility of nuclear weapons.

If the law states that Congress needs to review this before anything happens then absolutely that's what needs to happen.

This is patently false,
So we agree it's kind of besides the point, but...
It is patently false that if a country has no reactors and no nuclear industry, and then gets some reactors, fuel, and the whole industry, it is no closer to producing nuclear weapons?

Even a commercial LWR (while not ideal) can produce material for a nuclear weapon.

So we agree it's kind of besides the point, but...
It is patently false that if a country has no reactors and no nuclear industry, and then gets some reactors, fuel, and the whole industry, it is no closer to producing nuclear weapons?

Even a commercial LWR (while not ideal) can produce material for a nuclear weapon.

Correct...nuclear power plants are not directly related to nuclear weapons. It's like saying automobile and autocrat are related simply because the term "auto" is in front of the word. What does a light water reactor produce which would be useful in a nuclear weapon?

Correct...nuclear power plants are not directly related to nuclear weapons. It's like saying automobile and autocrat are related simply because the term "auto" is in front of the word. What does a light water reactor produce which would be useful in a nuclear weapon?
And what about when the term "illegal" is in front of the word. What does it mean then?

Finally.

Ive been hoping we can find a country crazier than north Korea and Pakistan combined to give nukes to.

And Gen Mike Flynn is at center of it....

Tell me that story again about how Mike Flynn is just a misunderstood hero who was framed by Obama holdovers.

Proof that the Trump admin are a secret Muslims owned by the house of Saud.

Whats funny is both Flynn and Trump railed on KSA prior to election and been thier best buddies since. But with Trump everything is exact opposite of what was said.

Official Statement from the White House on the matter:

“Saudi Arabia, I get along with all of them. They buy apartments from me. They spend $40 million, $50 million, Am I supposed to dislike them? I like them very much.”
There was a time, with any other president, when my instincts would tell me, "That's a joke."

Nowadays, my instincts tell me, "Sounds legit."
<mma4>

Read some tweets from the hill that said it looks like Kush and Flynn might have stood to personally profit from some of these plants going online so they tried to rush it around congress. I think that's what's being looked into.

I’m going to take a stab at this. LWR can produce material that could be made into low grade plutonium that would not necessarily be on the order of what Israel has or other countries (NK) have recently developed. What it does do is that it establishes an industry where Saudi born scientist and engineers can work with and develop techniques so that one day they can start working with highly enriched uranium.

This is a stepping stone.

Again as in the other thread.

Do you guys understand the difference between nuclear power and nuclear weapons?

As before my only concern is the spent fuel.

And I’ll add it needs to be legal with required approval and oversight.

Hmmm... give nuclear weapons to a country still stuck in the Middle Ages.

What could possibly go wrong????

Do you guys understand the difference between nuclear power and nuclear weapons?

Even if you want to take the huge leap of faith that power plants won't eventually lead to nuclear weapons or weaponized nuclear waste in a country that is known for funding terrorism, there is still the matter that this move is essentially a quid-pro-quo for Trump cabinet members. It's everything the Uranium One CT was supposed to be.

I’m going to take a stab at this. LWR can produce material that could be made into low grade plutonium that would not necessarily be on the order of what Israel has or other countries (NK) have recently developed. What it does do is that it establishes an industry where Saudi born scientist and engineers can work with and develop techniques so that one day they can start working with highly enriched uranium.

It's a 2" stone for a mile vertical climb. Just having nuclear material does not equate to being capable of producing weapons grade material. Were nuclear weapons so simple to produce this world would have been destroyed years ago. Think about it...al Qaeda found it easier to put into motion a year long+ plan hijacking airplanes rather than try and get their hands on a nuke. There are PLENTY of countries out there with nuclear power plants...why didn't they just "science the shit out of some stuff" and whip up a quick nuke and drop the towers?

About 31 countries have nuclear power plants.
https://www.euronuclear.org/info/encyclopedia/n/nuclear-power-plant-world-wide.htm

Only 9 countries have nuclear weapons and not all of them have actually shown they can create and detonate nuclear weapons.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_states_with_nuclear_weapons

Your false equivocation of having nuclear power plants = having weapons grade nuclear material is absolutely false.

For what it's worth enriching uranium to get it to weapons grade isn't a quick and easy issue. It's also a completely and totally different animal than a basic enrichment needed for nuclear power plants. I will also suggest that us sharing nuclear technology has the capacity to enable people to skip our mistakes and go straight to a super safe, ultra-effective nuclear power plant. This reduces the chance of failure or melt-down and makes the world safer.

Back