While Khabib and Jones are demanding the '#1', Fedor and GSP consistently said they're not GOAT

Top 2 GOATs (from these 4)

• Total voters
Why over Fedor? Fedor was 31-0 against roided heavyweights, Jones has 28 total fights at light heavyweight, while on roids lol
Significantly better competition on a consistent basis. This is inarguably true. Jones fought plenty of roiders as well. We can’t assume all of Fedor’s opponents were roided or that he himself was not because that’s completely speculative. Maybe, maybe not. We do know he came to America and accrued a lot of losses quickly. I tend to think he was a bit past his peak by that point, but to be fair, we can’t just gloss over it. I think Jones is a bit past his prime too and that’s reflected in his past fights since Gustafson ll.

At the end of the day, I only disagree with you when we do “P4P” accomplishments. Prime Fedor would smack the shit out of Jones. Ironically enough, Jones would weigh right around the same as Fedor, so technically I suppose I think Fedor is superior, but since Jones always cut to 205 and made the weight every time - fair game. Steroids withstanding, I think Jones record is more impressive than anyone’s but he’s very understandably unlikable.

Khabib demanded the #1 spot and after he got it, said in Russia when he got back that he's now #1 and there's nothing left to prove in MMA.

Jones meanwhile has been rage-bombing social media, telling everyone why he is number 1... a hundred times.

Meanwhile, Fedor never said that he was the best. He always maintained that anyone can be defeated on any day. This was during his 10 year undefeated streak too.

GSP as well, always complimented others and never took credit for being #1 or GOAT. He always maintained respect for others, including never under-estimating his opponents. Fedor shared this trait too.

So, what say you Sherdog? who are your top 2 GOATs from the 4?

You have two people walking dogs - one is a huge Doberman, another one is a purse dog. Which one makes more noise when they cross paths?

When you are confident in yourself and who you are, you don't have to scream and beg for others to acknowledge it.

I've left like 10 of these same statements and no one responds lol. It's obvious Fedor is the goat to me. 31-0 against roided hevyweights is just amazing
Well said brother, Fedor fought some clean fighters and he fought many cheaters too and beat them all.. Fedor is a chubby guy, he never used peds, he was just pure skill and talent and his fight IQ was epic.

Even when he was way past his prime he has still had many good wins, Pedro Rizzo, Rampage Jackson, Frank Mir, Chael Sonnen, still beat lots of big names when he was over 40. He is a true legend

Fedor and GSP are clearly the GOATs.

Anderson and Jones have been caught cheating.

Khabib didn't do it long enough

Aldo and MM were in divisions most people didn't care too much about or don't get viewed as facing as tough as competition.

They're all four in the top five IMO, along with the man who is likely retiring Saturday.

Khabib demanded the #1 spot and after he got it, said in Russia when he got back that he's now #1 and there's nothing left to prove in MMA.

Jones meanwhile has been rage-bombing social media, telling everyone why he is number 1... a hundred times.

Meanwhile, Fedor never said that he was the best. He always maintained that anyone can be defeated on any day. This was during his 10 year undefeated streak too.

GSP as well, always complimented others and never took credit for being #1 or GOAT. He always maintained respect for others, including never under-estimating his opponents. Fedor shared this trait too.

So, what say you Sherdog? who are your top 2 GOATs from the 4?

Khabib demanded current n°1 P4P which he deserves, not GOAT which I don't think he does ( I voted Fedor and GSP btw, just before khabib, jones and silva are out because steroids )

Circumstances matter. If there was no fight for you at your division, and you moved up a weight class which means you fought in tougher fights, it shows that you really did outshine your division significantly.

In his prime, BJ Penn was so far ahead of this division, he had to move up weight-classes to get a real challenge.

People forget that the lighter the weight-class, the easier the fights.
Nah man, nah. it's an amazing win at welterweight. It does nothing for his lw legacy just like gsp coming back and beating Bisping isn't what makes him the ww goat.

Nah man, nah. it's an amazing win at welterweight. It does nothing for his lw legacy just like gsp coming back and beating Bisping isn't what makes him the ww goat.
It certainly solidifies him as the WW GOAT

He cleaned out the division, twice, and moved up to grab the belt.

In order for a WW to challenge for the GOAT throne, they need to have as many championship wins as GSP at WW, AND move up to grab a belt.

You have two people walking dogs - one is a huge Doberman, another one is a purse dog. Which one makes more noise when they cross paths?

When you are confident in yourself and who you are, you don't have to scream and beg for others to acknowledge it.
Couldn't agree more with this.

People who have it, don't need to flaunt it

Back