While Khabib and Jones are demanding the '#1', Fedor and GSP consistently said they're not GOAT

Top 2 GOATs (from these 4)

• Total voters
This poll proves the Khabib nuthuggers are a small, vocal minority. I could have sworn that half the people on Sherdog thought he was the GOAT, but I’m retrieved to learn people have more sense.

Khabib is awesome, just not quite the GOAT when compared to the 4.

Right?

That too, a terrifying fighter.

A lot of world-beaters he fought were left looking entirely defeated after the fight.

Hell, even Nick Diaz made no excuses. He admitted post-fight that he had no answer for the superman punch.
100% crazy to think he's a top 3 goat if not the greatest.

Dudes always been all class, even if you don't like his fighting style he's an amazing human and athlete.

GSP is not the GOAT, he is right. Fedor lost to Maldonado, can't be the GOAT. Khabib doesn't have the resume. The only GOAT of that list is clearly Jones, obviously.

Nick made more than enough excuses, that he was poisoned or drugged, that GSP missed weight etc.
Oh LOL

I remember something about the wraps and all as well... I believe all this came after the fight. I think it was all PR

During the post-fight interview, in the cage, Nick Diaz gave GSP props. Said he had no answer.

I could be wrong. It happened a long time ago

P4P doesn't mean you're goat. It just means you're P4P the best fighter in the world, right now. It's current.

All time GSP is ahead of Khabib, But I'd still prefer Khabib. I'm biased though.

I think most would at this point because Khabib is more recent, he just fought last Saturday.

But we both know in a year from now when we both look back, and analyze their career's as a whole, Khabib's will lack too much substance to even be considered in the conversation of GOAT

Lmao at the votes atm. 100% gsp and Fedor

<WellThere>

How can you say that? I love Fedor but you can't erase his losses post-pride. He got wrecked by Big Foot, Werdum and Mitrione FFS.

Yes, I am sorry, but losses are important for GOAT discussion.

Khabib has a flawless record.
GSP has 2 losses but fought overall better competition than Khabib. However, Khabib was more dominant on average in his fights.
Jones is great but the gear stuff does taint his legacy a little. Also, he has not been that dominant in his fights as of late.

So I have GSP, then Khabib, then JJ.

But I have said many times that GOATS can co exist.

Khabib beat a part time fighter to be the champ on a decision.jon beat the lhw champ shogun in one of the most violent ways ever to be the champ.
No one cares what roid boy did

These GOAT discussions are stupid because everyone has different criteria. For me the criteria are people who are a champion in the ring, treat their opponents with respect (when it is deserved) and are a real role model for kids (and adults too really).
<DisgustingHHH>

Call up your dad if you need a role model FFS. This is not a citizen of the year award this is cage fighting, you cream puff.

Blatant piece of disinformation. You've rephrased your title to "No.1" to somehow slip Khabib's desire to be "No. 1 POUND - for POUND" into the conversation of those who wanted to be GOAT, which is what this really is.
Funny, Jones is the ONLY one among these 4 who's unashamedly called on the world to call him GOAT.
Not getting away with it, bud.

I think most would at this point because Khabib is more recent, he just fought last Saturday.

But we both know in a year from now when we both look back, and analyze their career's as a whole, Khabib's will lack too much substance to even be considered in the conversation of GOAT
I agree I think when time passes on people are going to say that. I'm shocked that people are even calling him goat. Many picked him to lose against gaethje

I wasn't expecting that. LW goat sure, but I wasn't expecting GOAT GOAT.

Last edited:
I agree I think when time passes on people are going to say that. I'm shocked that people are even calling him goat. Many picked him to lose against gaethje

I wasn't expecting that. LW goat sure, but I wasn't expecting GOAT GOAT.
Is it even the case of LW GOAT for sure?

We've had guys like BJ Penn, Frankie Edgar, Bendo... what makes Khabib the sure LW GOAT?

Penn moved up to defeat a Prime Matt Hughes for the WW belt.

Edgar dethroned a Prime Penn when Penn was P4P #1, all while Edgar was weighing-in in jeans... and is now fighting at his proper weight-class of BW.

Bendo also fought a murderous row of opponents at LW.

Honestly, these guys have all done more than Khabib at LW.
Sure, Khabib has the happier ending... but it doesn't change that those guys peaked higher.

We've had guys like BJ Penn, Frankie Edgar, Bendo... what makes Khabib the sure LW GOAT?

Edgar dethroned a Prime Penn when Penn was P4P #1, all while Edgar was weighing-in in jeans... and is now fighting at his proper weight-class of BW.

Sure, Khabib has the happier ending... but it doesn't change that those guys peaked higher.
I say Yes but this shit is subjective so I really don't care to argue it. If people say khabib isn't the goat or lw goat, no water off my back. But I didn't expect people to make that argument beating justin gaethje. I figured everyone would say he has to beat gsp because that's what people were saying leading up to this match up. Beat gaethje than gsp and solidify your position, but since he retired people amended it to ok, you're all of a sudden goat of all mma. Even as a khabib fan, that's bizarre to me that people would do that. Even dana white and the UFC brass dude. I would never expect that, even if dana white is doing it as a 'thank you' or whatever or if its genuine feeling at this current time, I just didn't think the outpouring of support from fighters and fans would call him the goat.

Last edited:
I say Yes but this shit is subjective so I really don't care to argue it. If people say khabib isn't the goat or lw goat, no water off my back. But I didn't expect people to make that argument beating justin gaethje. I figured everyone would say he has to beat gsp because that's what people were saying leading up to this match up. Beat gaethje than gsp and solidify your position, but since he retired people amended it to ok, you're all of a sudden goat of all mma. Even as a khabib fan, that's bizarre to me that people would do that. Even dana white and the UFC brass dude. I would never expect that, even if dana white is doing it as a 'thank you' or whatever or if its genuine feeling at this current time, I just didn't think the outpouring of support from fighters and fans would call him the goat.
well said

10/10

GSP is not the GOAT, he is right. Fedor lost to Maldonado, can't be the GOAT. Khabib doesn't have the resume. The only GOAT of that list is clearly Jones, obviously.

Jones blew it in many peoples eyes. He is a great fighter but I don’t think he would have made it this far without PEDs. It is a huge advantage both physically and mentally. He is in the same boat as Lance Armstrong and Barry Bonds.

P4P doesn't mean you're goat. It just means you're P4P the best fighter in the world, right now. It's current.

All time GSP is ahead of Khabib, But I'd still prefer Khabib. I'm biased though.
he just needed 3 more wins and no one would say shit. rip his dad. i totally get why he's done, though.

EHGwIGixfKh19dEBxBwtFLGgjOU7fz7tC5uP0KOSLz0.gif

Nice try. It seems he's giving props to Fedor and his MMA skills, but he's actually praising that epic cornball sweater. Original audio, any one?

The difference between Jones and GSP, Fedor and Khabib, ia that the trio a true martial artists, while Jones is an athlete.
A cheating, assholish athlete

People always bring up penns wins at ww, but that has absolutely nothing to do with being lw goat. At LW a lot of guys have better resumes. Partially because Penn would not stay at lw.

Back