Which Year DC was in his prime ?

Probably LHW. More skill then his SF days and still very fast. His return to HW he looked sluggish and like he was fighting in 3ft of mud

2011-2012

aysyrl.gif

2wifqty.gif
Come on ! It was Barnett and bigfoot !

When he ko Miocic the first time it was more impressive !
Even the second fight with Stipe, even if he lost his performance was more impressive !

Stipe is 1000x better than Barnett

If he was in his (imaginary and subjective) ‘prime’ when he fought jones, it sucks that he cut all that wait and willingly made himself worse to fight at a weight he wasn’t his best at

By that logic he never had a physical prime, he stole it from himself

Easily a better fighter at HW
DC looked like shit when he moved back up. So slow and sluggish. LHW forced him to stay in shape

Come on ! It was Barnett and bigfoot !

When he ko Miocic the first time it was more impressive !
Even the second fight with Stipe, even if he lost his performance was more impressive !

Stipe is 1000x better than Barnett
Cormier not being in his prime against Miocic doesn't mean it was a less impressive victory than Silva and Barnett; this thread about when Cormier was in his prime, not his greatest victory.

He was in his prime when he was undefeated, then became washed up and a can once he got his first L.

Right Sherdog?

Yeah i'd go with around Jones 1 time.. If he had been fighting at HW those years I think he'd have looked even better. Would also loved to have seen him in the early 2000's (Between 2003-2008) in MMA... I don't think we saw the best this man had to offer, and even so we saw one of the best of all time.

I'd say the Barnett fight, around that time

He looks noticeable slower and sluggish when arriving in UFC against Mir and Nelson

Which Year DC was in his prime ?

Thinking High School maybe Collage years..?

Cormier not being in his prime against Miocic doesn't mean it was a less impressive victory than Silva and Barnett; this thread about when Cormier was in his prime, not his greatest victory.
You cann see the stats :

Against Barnett : In 5 round, 251 total strike and 84 significatif strike

Against Stipe 2 : In 4 round, 317 total strike and 181 significatif strike

Sorry but Stipe is a better fighter than Barnett and by far ( better boxing and striking, knockout power, faster, same level in wrestling, better chin, better cardio and endurance )

I'd say the Barnett fight, around that time

He looks noticeable slower and sluggish when arriving in UFC against Mir and Nelson
Normal. He was in diet process for moved down at LHW, he lost stamina !

Sorry (not sorry), but you asked about Cormier's prime, not his best victory.

The fact that you don't understand the distinction is confusing.
Yes and i explain you with stats Cormier was a better fighter against Stipe 2 than he was against Barnett, I am agreed he was faster, more explosive against Barnett, but he was stronger, more durable, punch harder and more skills against Stipe 2 ! Its the fact

I think you actually can't pinpoint it in Cormier's case.

Athletically, he was at his best as a fighter, when he entered Strikeforce in 2009.
From a technical standpoint, he was in his prime very late, starting at around 2015, when he first fought Jon Jones, basically spanning until the end of his career.

Overall though, i'd say the best versions of him are the one he got finished by Jones at 205 in 2017 and his heavier self when he beat Miocic on 2018.

Yes and i explain you with stats Cormier was a better fighter against Stipe 2 than he was against Barnett
Those stats are hardly sufficient evidence to suggest anything regarding Cormier's prime.

I am agreed he was faster, more explosive against Barnett
As in, Cormier has become slower and less explosive since 2011-2012, which is one of the nonquantifiable ways in which Cormier has long since passed his prime.

but he was stronger, more durable, punch harder and more skills against Stipe 2
Stronger and more powerful, based on what? Cormier's strength and power at heavyweight has been fairly consistent, that's typically because it's the last thing to go with age. Durable? Miocic literally finished him from body shots in their second fight. More skilled? I actually think his technique has regressed since his second run at Heavyweight.

Its the fact
No, it's an opinion.

Last edited:
physically, 2012ish. Skill wise, 2015ish, after that things went down hill.

I think you actually can't pinpoint it in Cormier's case.

Athletically, he was at his best as a fighter, when he entered Strikeforce in 2009.
From a technical standpoint, he was in his prime very late, starting at around 2015, when he first fought Jon Jones, basically spanning until the end of his career.

Overall though, i'd say the best versions of him are the one he got finished by Jones at 205 in 2017 and his heavier self when he beat Miocic on 2018.

I am partially agreed with you ! Athletically he was at his best between 2009 and 2012-2013 for HW !
His heavier best version was against Miocic in 2019 !

DC was at Heavyweight 2009-2013 and 2019-2020 !

For me, his HW prime was in 2019 : best skills ( boxing and dirty boxing, ), stronger ( low kick and punch was harder than ever ) and best chin !
Even if he lose against Stipe, he landed 317 shots in 4 rounds ( record for HW ) and punch 162 significatif strikes on the Miocic Head !

He was more athletic at LHW, but not the same punch and durability !

Which year you considered DC was at prime ?

Definitely not here

iu

Those stats are hardly sufficient evidence to suggest anything regarding Cormier's prime.

As in, Cormier has become slower and less explosive since 2011-2012, which is one of the nonquantifiable ways in which Cormier has long since passed his prime.

Stronger and more powerful, based on what? Cormier's strength and power at heavyweight has been fairly consistent, that's typically because it's the last thing to go with age. Durable? Miocic literally finished him from body shots in their first fight. More skilled? I actually think his technique has regressed since his second run at Heavyweight.

No, it's an opinion.

Cormier was more explosive and faster for HW against Barnett ( 2012 ) ans Starring ( 2013 )

Stronger and more powerfull based on ko and damaged, You can see the damaged on Stipe who has one of the best chin in MMA ever ! Impact of his shot are more significatif than ever !
More durable, against Barnett he was in trouble with a knee and afraid of taking puches !
Against Stipe, he took 88 signifactif strike on the head and 18 body shots before being TKO !

His boxing and dirty boxing technique was better than ever, his ground game too ! But his wrestling regressed, because i think he didn't word on thant too much

When he was in the Olympics.
He was a natural LHW when he was in the olympics and i think his prime as LHW !
I think i will make a new threat with this title : Which year DC was in his prime as Heavyweight

Back