Which Weight Class In MMA Represents The "Everyman" or "Average Guy" Build?

It's a weird one.

I think if you cut out the FAT the average person carries, then you'll find this:

1. Most featherweights have way more muscle than the average untrained dude, due to training

2. The average dude has a heavier frame (bones etc) than most FWs

So I guess my answer is FW as an approximation of "average", sans fat. Lol.

Guys like Chandler, Islam, Poirier clearly have a lot more muscle than the average person.

discounting all the fat fucks waddling around, I'd say it's between Featherweight and Bantamweight. I'm leaning more towards Bantamweight because there are some big ass Featherweight like Zabit.

The average (non-obsese) guy walking down the street would most likely be a Bantamweight
Probably true for Asia.

For western countries I'd say LW/WW, and this is reflected as traditionally these are the deepest divisions

HW as something like 65% of america is overweight.

Oh I was in range. I just checked that average Amurican is 197 lbs. I am assuming British are the same. They are the only people that eat way worse than middle America.

197, so I'm pretty much right on the average American weight LOL. Pretty sure most of them are short fatasses that don't exercise though.

I'd say the average person would be a lightweight. I'm probably not making 170 without losing muscle. No way I'm cutting 20lb at my age.

Back