Which Weight Class In MMA Represents The "Everyman" or "Average Guy" Build?

LW-WW. Get the fuck out of here with bantamweight. Unless you’re in Asia, an average dude is not 140-145 lbs.

Lw for sure. Pro fighters don't carry a ton of muscle, hardly any fat, and cut weight. Wws and mws are huge dudes

LW-WW. Get the fuck out of here with bantamweight. Unless you’re in Asia, an average dude is not 140-145 lbs.

It's not the premis of the thread though, they were talking what most people would do with their build but still training and cutting weight.

I'm 176cm and got to 65kg (that's 145 lbs) just dieting. Admittedly I had very little muscle at the time but the point still stands. 176 is average height for Italy.

I didn't lose weight for a fight or anything. I lost weight because I was tryna burn fat I gained from 2020. Soon as I ended my cut, I went from 155-162, a lot of it water weight.

If I was cutting for a fight, I'd do what you said, which is cut that water weight in the last 24 hours.
It seems to me like you're confusing losing weight i.e. Fat is i.e. Fat and tissue versus cutting weight which is just losing water weight in a very short amount of time. A good rule of thumb is you can very easily and healthily cut 10% of your bodyweight just by sweating. Alot of guys in wrestling and weightlifting cut/lose up to 15%. Extreme cutters can dehydrate up to 20% or more in less than 24 hours but it is extremely hard on the body, plus a huge pain in the ass.

Just for reference, I weigh about 200, in decent shape.. when I was wrestling and powerlifting ten years ago, I would drop to about 170-175 just from getting fit and burning fat. I could EASILY lose 15 lbs of water just by sitting in the sauna a few hours and competed between 148 to 152 lbs.

I had that issue with work. Where I could never make it to the gym after work due to things coming up. Now I just go 3 times a week, with 2 of my workouts being before work starts and the other workout being on Sunday.
Yeah that really sucks, good everything worked out for you sherbro

If we're talking the average 5'10-11" joe and their lean mass plus weight cut, probably 145/155.

The typical dudes walking around at 190-200 pounds and 25+ % BF thinking they are not 'fat' simply because so many other people are morbidly obese.

Lose 30ish pounds of fat then cut another 15-20 of water.

Obviously I'm not talking about Sherdoggers

No way is the average guy that’s lean welterweight size. More like Featherweight.

L☻L !
At least WW with
plus or minus one division !

The average American is 5'9 195ish lbs and over 30% bodyfat. Let's assume they're only at 30% bf, meaning at 15% they'd be around 160 lbs. That's a FW. And since nearly everyone underestimates how much fat they have, I'd bet that many average Americans have the LBM of a modern BW.

Most LWs have A LOT more LBM than the average American.
Wait, the average American has over 30% body fat?!
There's some serious Diabetes going on over there.

Lightweight. 5'9 is the average height and seems to be the average LW fighter height.

Depends what country

Samoa, Tonga, Fiji, Maori NZ and Native Aus - Super Heavyweight and Heavyweight

USA - Welterweight and Lightweight

Europe same as USA

China, Japan, Thailand, and other countries in that region - flyweight, bantamweight
give the native oz a miss out of that list , theyre generally not big fellows like the islanders

Oh I was in range. I just checked that average Amurican is 197 lbs. I am assuming British are the same. They are the only people that eat way worse than middle America.

Back