Which Weight Class In MMA Represents The "Everyman" or "Average Guy" Build?

I could for sure get to 145. I could get to 135 if I hated myself enough

Like I said, if I really tried I probably could have made 145. Though I felt pretty depleted at 155, but that was because I had been cutting for over 6 months.

I was a bloated 190lb guy when I started my cut. I probably lost like 10-15 pounds the first week from water weight bloat (a lot of bloat from holiday meals). I did cut slow, but I didn't lift heavy as most gyms around me were closed/restricted due to Covid. Basically did bodyweight exercises and running.

Man you mistake.

Water weight loss. You regain it in 24 hours after weigh in.

You can with proper dehydration easily cut 10lbs of water weight to step on the scale and weigh 155lbs the next day. You do realize fighters are regularly 10 to 20lbs heavier than their weigh in weight on fight night (unless it is HW and they weighed below 265lbs)???

Some fighters even go above 20lb water weight cut and are 25lbs heavier on fight night then the night before. Cormier would be 30lbs heavier pre IV ban as would Lesnar, bigger guys can do more water weight cut then someone smaller

Those guys have a ton of muscle mass on them. The average 5"9 guy is mostly fat if he lost the fat and recomped his body he would be a LW. Some would be WWs

A few would be MWs

Very few would be LHW

Almost none would be legit HWs
Well, if you're revamping their body, then they can hit they gym & gain a bunch of muscle mass also.

Man you mistake.

Water weight loss. You regain it in 24 hours after weigh in.

You can with proper dehydration easily cut 10lbs of water weight to step on the scale and weigh 155lbs the next day. You do realize fighters are regularly 10 to 20lbs heavier than their weigh in weight on fight night (unless it is HW and they weighed below 265lbs)???

Some fighters even go above 20lb water weight cut and are 25lbs heavier on fight night then the night before. Cormier would be 30lbs heavier pre IV ban as would Lesnar, bigger guys can do more water weight cut then someone smaller
I didn't lose weight for a fight or anything. I lost weight because I was tryna burn fat I gained from 2020. Soon as I ended my cut, I went from 155-162, a lot of it water weight.

If I was cutting for a fight, I'd do what you said, which is cut that water weight in the last 24 hours.

Go to Tonga or Samoa and the average guy is a HW. Seriously. For everyone else i would say lw.

Depends on the country, in most western countries it is LW-MW. In East Asian countries it is FLW-FW

discounting all the fat fucks waddling around, I'd say it's between Featherweight and Bantamweight. I'm leaning more towards Bantamweight because there are some big ass Featherweight like Zabit.

The average (non-obsese) guy walking down the street would most likely be a Bantamweight
Where are you from? most people of European descent are around 6’

Let's not act like it's only Murica. This took place in Russia.

russian-mma-1024x536.jpg
this isn't a joke?

Look at all the broscience in this thread.

By some of your logic, guys like Ben Askren or Bryan Barberena should've been fighting at FW.

And Roy Nelson is really a WW.
Ben was a fat WW, he should have been a LW or FW. Roy is big boned, but still was fat AF. He most certainly could have been a LHW or maybe even MW.

I live in the Netherlands, so HW, except less buff or fat, but height-wise.

The average sherbro is a superheavyweight. Standing 6'5" carrying 275 lbs of solid muscle. Thick, solid, and tight.

Lmao, that bodyarmor sign covers up the love handles he had literally his whole career. Ben was never "ripped".

No one ever s aid he was "ripped" but you're a fool if you think he'd make 145.

About the Same stats as me lol

5'9 168lb. Currently bulking lol

From Jan 1 to July 15 this year I went from 190 to 155lb. It got pretty hard to cut any lower (summer BBQ's and Icecream made it tough lol). But If I gave it my all, I could make 145. But Like you, I think 155lb would be my best weight.

PrePandmic I was boxing and I thought I could make 147lb. If I fought that's the weightclass I would have went for.

It should be pointed out that a lot of UFC fighters height are slightly exaggerated by an inch or 2.
That sounds cool, I will start to hit the gym to bulk up, this year I was doing some weights in my house but mainly running.

My problem is that the schedule of my current job was a disasteer so it was hard to organize myself but thankfully I got a promotion with a normal schedule so I will be able to hit the gym.

I was trying to diet down to 155 but I just wasn't able to do it but now I will go directly to the gym, burn the extra fat and bulk.

That sounds cool, I will start to hit the gym to bulk up, this year I was doing some weights in my house but mainly running.

My problem is that the schedule of my current job was a disasteer so it was hard to organize myself but thankfully I got a promotion with a normal schedule so I will be able to hit the gym.

I was trying to diet down to 155 but I just wasn't able to do it but now I will go directly to the gym, burn the extra fat and bulk.
I had that issue with work. Where I could never make it to the gym after work due to things coming up. Now I just go 3 times a week, with 2 of my workouts being before work starts and the other workout being on Sunday.

Back