Which Weight Class In MMA Represents The "Everyman" or "Average Guy" Build?

It's hard to say with things being so scewed regarding weight cutting in mma.

I think the average dude's about 5'8" - 5'10" and if leaned out would be about 150-170.

I think MMA consists of dudes with about 10 more pounds of muscle packed on than the average dude for their frame. So, that boosts the average dude to about 160-180.

Does denmark have really pretty women with big thighs?
Yes. Also lots of tall girls. Danish women can be a bit stuck up compared to other countries I've been though.

Last edited:
Average American male weights about 200 pounds, but is way, way more fat than those guys.

Many WW compete at about 180-190 and are either balls of muscle like Woodley or 6'2'' while shredded.

Average 200 pound, 5'11'' American dude, shredded into fighting shape would definitely be a 145 pounder.

Which is why the outrage about "tiny dudes fighting" few years ago (introduction of divisions below 155 ) was hilarious lack of self awareness, if anything.

BRO YOU ARE THE FEATHERWEIGHT.
Neh
FW are short

Guys like Conor and Max who are 5’9 are considered big for the weight class

I dont think the average person is physically capable of cutting weight like fighters do. so the average dude in their peak shape would be WW.

What people refer to as manlets. 155-170. Maybe some 185.

The average build is the WW guy you clearly see "should" compete at LW with how jacked and crazy weight cut MMA guys do, ie Brian Barberena type of build, Daniel Rodriguez maybe.

Neh
FW are short

Guys like Conor and Max who are 5’9 are considered big for the weight class

There are like 80 FW in UFC right now.

And about 50 of them are listed at 5'9'' or more.

Dunno how did it look 8 years ago, when Conor or Max where just been starting.

But right now 5'9'' is not particularly tall for a 145 pounder.

^^^^^^^This

It might vary from country to country, but in North America the vast majority of men could cut to WW or LW.

Are you sure? I thought the average American was tending towards being overweight if not obese. Aren't you all fat? ;)

Average height globally is 5'10 so likely 170 without a cut.

I'm 6'1 with over 8 inch wrists

Before I touched a barbell I was 198lb and in decent shape. Flat stomach but not ripped. I don't think I could have went below 170 unless with a very aggressive cut

I'm fatter now, but carrying way more muscle. I doubt I could go below 190 even with a water cut. Even 200lb would be tough. To be honest I'm not life time natty either

I think the average man would fight at 145, as the average man doesn't carry much muscle and is skinny fat at 180-200lb

This makes good sense.

obesity-america-vs-world.jpg

If you're American, the 'average guy build' fighter would be an unranked HW.
<20>

69657%252Fprofile-galery%252Ffullbodyleft-picture%252FMARTINEZ_ROQUE_L_06-19.png

discounting all the fat fucks waddling around, I'd say it's between Featherweight and Bantamweight. I'm leaning more towards Bantamweight because there are some big ass Featherweight like Zabit.

The average (non-obsese) guy walking down the street would most likely be a Bantamweight

Someone who looks very average imo...would be at 155 division and under. Some in the WW could be ripped or show signs of brute force in them.

I’d say 170

Most of those guy are average height and walk around between 180-190lbs

Those guys have a ton of muscle mass on them. The average 5"9 guy is mostly fat if he lost the fat and recomped his body he would be a LW. Some would be WWs

A few would be MWs

Very few would be LHW

Almost none would be legit HWs

Back