Which was more dominant? [Someone hook up a poll]

Emjay

I'LL BE RIGHT THERE!!! DON'T KILL HIM!!!
@Steel
Reaction score
Jon Jones' win over Shogun

or

Dillashaw's win over Barao?​

jones shogun, that was ridiculous - but jones was also a favorite going in

Jones made Shogun tap to strikes.

I think the answer is obvious here.

Not to mention, Jones' was pretty much a flawless victory.

Dillashaw had some damage on his face.

Jones/Shogun. Shogun took a lot of punishment in that fight. Barao had a couple rounds where he was only getting picked apart, not totally brutalized. Jones hit Shogun with everything and the kitchen sink from the start of the opening bell til the fight was stopped in round 3.

Dillashaw/Barao.
Jones was gassing against Shogun and got hit with some decent shots and the like. Dillashaw (barring one cut) looked as fresh at the end as he did at the start.

Jones/Shogun was attempted murder.

While Jones may have been technically more dominant, he was also the betting favourite (-230 to Shogun's +110, I believe) to win. Dillashaw, however, was anywhere from a +500 to +800 underdog.

That has to be factored into the discussion.

Dillashaw/Barao.
Jones was gassing against Shogun and got hit with some decent shots and the like.

You might wanna watch this fight again without the crackpipe.

fights-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2481.gif

Barao landed some good shots in the 2nd round and here and there in the 3rd and 4th.

Shogun was a punching bag after the flying knee. Shogun was also dominated in the wrestling and grappling, not just the striking. TJ dominated Barao for a longer period of time though. I could see it either way, I say Jones/Shogun.

Jones/Shogun, Barao hung in there in the middle of the fight

Definitely Jones/Shogun.
However, if we are discussing shock value, Dillashaw/Barao trumps it.

The jones shogun fight. Shogun never looked the same after the beating. He was helpless in that fight.

Some people thought Jones was going to beat Shogun. Nobody thought Barao was going to loose.

Jones/Rua.

Jones beat Rua like he had never fought before. Rua's one of the toughest guys on the planet when you realize he took that beating from Jones and Henderson back to back. Holy shit he's tough, but Rua got absolutely destroyed.

Some people thought Jones was going to beat Shogun. Nobody thought Barao was going to loose.

The question isn't who had the most shocking victory or who had the biggest upset. It is a question of who was more dominant in the fight.

Jones/Shogun for sure. There was never a point where Shogun was in that fight

Back