Which UFC fighter was this?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Few of my co-workers where chatting during the break and this guy started talking about an old school MMA fighter who was undefeated and specialized in boxing. Apparently he was knocking people out in the UFC and was going to be a big challenge against Matt Hughes but he disappeared and never came back to the UFC despite being undefeated in the UFC

LaVerne Clark maybe? though he wasn't undefeated in the UFC

Thats him alright!!!

You are right, I guess they got that part wrong. But he is the first boxer to transition to MMA with some moderate success and he only lost to one fighter in UFC but otherwise he has an impressive record.

I wonder why he got cut though?

Philip Miller?

No its LaVerne Clark alright. Its crazy how he is 14 and 18 in boxing and yet he found success in the MMA. I wonder if a boxer with a decent record fought in MMA, how far he would go...

Thats him alright!!!

You are right, I guess they got that part wrong. But he is the first boxer to transition to MMA with some moderate success and he only lost to one fighter in UFC but otherwise he has an impressive record.

I wonder why he got cut though?

They didn't have exclusive contracts back then so it seems LaVerne took fights elsewhere and went on a losing streak. The UFC may have lost interest in him at that point.

LaVerne Clark was choked out by Hughes early in his career.

No its LaVerne Clark alright. Its crazy how he is 14 and 18 in boxing and yet he found success in the MMA. I wonder if a boxer with a decent record fought in MMA, how far he would go...

It's a very different sport now

Back