Which UFC fighter had the worst 2018?

Do people talk about how much money NBA players make after they have an abysmal season?

Scratch that, does anyone besides Conor fans talk about how much any athlete makes after a poor performance?

It's really just grasping at straws.

Conor already had enough money to live 10 lifetimes before Khabib made the biggest fool out of him in combat sports history.

Everyone talks about how great of a career Ryan Leaf had because he was signed to a 4 year 31 million dollar contract his rookie year, earning far more than your average NFL player earns in his career. So yeah obviously Ryan Leaf had one of the greatest rookie seasons ever especially with his 11 million dollar signing bonus.

Werdum got his ass beat
giphy.gif

and then suspended by USADA

Stipe

He probably made more in that 1 fight then the entire roster did this year
Why are you counting his money like it’s yours? What is it with Conor fans that are obsessed with doing this? We’re talking about the actual fights themselves, not how much a fighter got paid. Conor got completely humiliated and I wonder how many pounds of coke he did afterwards to ease the humiliation that he and all of his fans experienced. People on this very forum either committed suicide or deleted their accounts after that night.

Do people talk about how much money NBA players make after they have an abysmal season?

Scratch that, does anyone besides Conor fans talk about how much any athlete makes after a poor performance?

It's really just grasping at straws.

Conor already had enough money to live 10 lifetimes before Khabib made the biggest fool out of him in combat sports history.
Connor fans...definitley a special bunch, always;clutching-at-straws.jpg

Why are you counting his money like it’s yours? What is it with Conor fans that are obsessed with doing this? We’re talking about the actual fights themselves, not how much a fighter got paid. Conor got completely humiliated and I wonder how many pounds of coke he did afterwards to ease the humiliation that he and all of his fans experienced. People on this very forum either committed suicide or deleted their accounts after that night.

I'm not a Conor fan. Dont like him. Just realistic.

Matt Hughes.

/thread

At least he forced the Ford Fiesta into the garage for repairs and broke the HW record for consecutive title defenses, getting himself a half-year of people calling him HW goat with a straight face. Plus he finally managed to get his contract renegotiated to his liking and welcomed a dearly wished-for kid into the world. All that should somewhat offset losing a belt, being told you're "too good" to rematch, and Lesnar calling you a piece of shit.

Conor=opposite of Big Nog. Nogueira is revered in MMA for good reason. Some people are fighters and some people just fight. Khabib called it at MSG when he told 1/2 of Ireland he would make him "tap like chicken", easiest fight in lightweight division". Conor wasn't the easiest but Khabib saw right through him. Conor is a very talented fighter and a great businessman but doesn't have the heart to be the very best. I see Conor as a future reality TV star or possibly getting a bit part in Expendables 15.

Conor took him to the 4th and did better than almost everybody that fought Khabib, you can put your money on the fact that he will be prepared and well conditioned to take him out in the rematch just like he beat Nate in their second fight
Bro what are you talking about...That's just plain false. People that did better against Khabib than Conor:
- Gleison Tibau (most competitive to date, arguably won)
- Abel Trujillo (got taken down a ton, but got his own takedowns and was never in any trouble of being stopped)
- Rafael Dos Anjos (clear unanimous decision victory for khabib, but competitive throughout and RDA was never in any trouble)
- Edson Barbosa (got smashed horribly but was always in the fight and fought to the last second. Never said anything like "its just business" while getting smashed)
- Al Iaquinta (never in any trouble of getting stopped aside from a few early sub attempts. Went all 5 rounds instead of getting stopped in the 4th)
None of them got dropped as devastatingly, didn't get smashed as bad and weren't in as much trouble of being finished as Conor. Conor got dropped in rd 2 and almost stopped by GnP.

This is not to say that I disagree with what you said about Conor improving between rematches, but I seriously doubt its as much of a lock as you're making it seem. i think he'll def improve but I don't think it will be enough. Conor got finished by Nate the first time around and barely squeaked by with a razor-thin decision in the rematch. It's not like he completely shut Nate down either. He prioritized conserving his energy to the point that he was turning his back and running away from Nate to reset. If it was anyone like RDA who didn't just plod forward, they would've given Conor NO room to breathe and would be in his face every time he tried to reset until he was out of gas.
Regardless, that's what's so exciting about the fight business. You never really know until the fight itself takes place. Outside of that, it's just people opinions.

francis had a pretty bad 2018 depsite rebounding over blaydes

to go from the next dominant hw champ to getting 50-44d by stipe, then he puts on a snoozefest at international fight week and loses to ma balls were hot.....

bad year despite the last win

Back