Which UFC fight was the first “out cold” knockout?

lol

Remco was a legit Black belt at a time when those were not handed out like fucking Happy Meal toys.

First non Brazilian to compete in the absolute class at the bjj world championships
i guess i should eat some crow then, i assumed he didn't know what the hell he was doing because the bottom man could have taken the top man's back at any time. obviously there was more to it.

edit: turns out he wasn't a BJJ black belt at the time?

It was this.

kab8vSw.jpeg

I remember thinking how crazy it was seeing someone get elbowed in the head until he was unconscious.

Now is "normal".
So thats where Big John got the 12-6 elbow rules from?

For years in my area most of us believed Weit had died at the end of those Pardoel hellbows...somebody started the “he died of an aneurysm in hospital later” type stories and nobody thought otherwise (I mean, look at it!).

When the internet became big I remember that being one of the first things I looked up, relieved to see that Orlando was alive and well!

It was this.

kab8vSw.jpeg

I remember thinking how crazy it was seeing someone get elbowed in the head until he was unconscious.

Now is "normal".

Was that Gary Goodridge? I remember Gary did something similar but he was on the good end.

of course, obviously neither man could grapple for shit here.

but those are 12-6 elbows that seem to be landing into the eyes and temple, getting KO'd with that seems horrifying.

Those aren't 12-6 elbows.

Remco used to post on here.

He was Lee Murray's BJJ teacher.
The most amazing thing about that fight was the commentator (name escapes me, he was opposite Brian Kilmead) was quite informed on each fighter, yet gave Remco 0% chance in the fight, he felt that Orlando would make short work of him. Clearly everyone gets it wrong once in a while!

The UFC fight with Remco and Orlando, Amazingly after being KOed, Orlando ended up winning a kickboxing tournament less than a week after this fight I believe.

Gerard and that head kick. However it wasnt a knockout.
Gary Goodridge crucifixion and elbowing Herrera to death made huge impression on me.
From the "latest ones" I remeber Uriah Hall spinning back kick in TUF left me thinking if the "out out" guy will come back to normal again.

Ah such fond memories!

Back