Which UFC fight was the first “out cold” knockout?

The Chosen

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I believe it was Tank Abbott’s debut, he destroyed his opponent and laid him out stiff, the commentary seemed shocked someone could get KO’d that bad.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

It was this.

kab8vSw.jpeg

I remember thinking how crazy it was seeing someone get elbowed in the head until he was unconscious.

Now is "normal".

Yeah, they had no idea wtf they were doing. Notice that Big John didn't stop the fight, it was Remco (fighter on top) that stopped it.
of course, obviously neither man could grapple for shit here.

but those are 12-6 elbows that seem to be landing into the eyes and temple, getting KO'd with that seems horrifying.

of course, obviously neither man could grapple for shit here.

but those are 12-6 elbows that seem to be landing into the eyes and temple, getting KO'd with that seems horrifying.

Actually, Remco was a grappler but I get what you're saying.

It was this.

kab8vSw.jpeg

I remember thinking how crazy it was seeing someone get elbowed in the head until he was unconscious.

Now is "normal".

Shows you how defense has improved. No fighter would get the opportunity to finish like that now.

Shows you how defense has improved. No fighter would get the opportunity to finish like that now.

people will do stupid shit all the time but yes, fighter are way more skilled today
B0qDse5.gif

It was this.

kab8vSw.jpeg

Now is "normal".
lmao I remember watching this back in the day and laughing my ass off at the guy on top slowly realizing that the other guy didn't move anymore while still elbowing him

people will do stupid shit all the time but yes, fighter are way more skilled today
B0qDse5.gif

That was pretty unfortunate, but did look intentional. I have never seen that one before!

The guy at the bottom didn't really in the first one looked like he had no clue what to do, almost like he hadn't been on the mat before.

I believe it was Tank Abbott’s debut, he destroyed his opponent and laid him out stiff, the commentary seemed shocked someone could get KO’d that bad.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

definitely not the first, but nothing before or after has captured the same biblical style knockout feeling. this was also with no rounds, no time limit, all the fighters and big john mcarthy laughed at tank for wanting to wear gloves....... lol

lol

Remco was a legit Black belt at a time when those were not handed out like fucking Happy Meal toys.

First non Brazilian to compete in the absolute class at the bjj world championships

I think Remco was a Japanese jujitsu/judo black belt at the time. Of course after his run in the UFC he started BJJ and he's now at least a 4th degree BJJ black belt.

remco-pardoel-gracie-barra.jpg

Back