Which title challenger does the UFC want to win most?

svmr_db

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Out of the three 245 title challengers, who do you think Dana etc actually hope wins? I think in order of most to least preferred it would be Volkanovski, Colby than GDR. The Australian market matters a hell of a lot more to UFC than Hawaii.

Dana would pull out his hair if Colby won the belt

Volk, GDR, Colby.

The potential of Dana's butthurt if Colby wins is the only reason I wouldn't mind seeing him beat Usman.

Volk, GDR, Colby.

The potential of Dana's butthurt if Colby wins is the only reason I wouldn't mind seeing him beat Usman.
This. Volk winning is probably neutral or even good for business.

GDR or Colby winning is a fiasco.

Volk, GDR, Colby.

Ehh I think UFC would prefer Colby wins more than GDR. Colby at least brings some drama, possibility of a Woodley match would bring some attention. GDR winning has zero upside, damages Nunes who UFC loves to sell as the female GOAT.

Colby - sets up a fight with Masvidal
Volkanovski - Australian market now that Whittaker lost

Colby - sets up a fight with Masvidal
Volkanovski - Australian market now that Whittaker lost
Colby vs Masvidal would sell! Especially if they spice that fake beef up! Casuals will eat that up!

Idk about volkanovski. Dana loves holloway like a son.

UFC wants dominate champions. Overtime they begin to generate sales. For example if Nunes or Holloway racks please ten plus defenses they will start drawing decent crowds. If they get unthroned UFC gotta start from scratch.

So I assume hey want Max and Amanda retains. However Usman still a new champ with a boring style so they are probably pulling for Colby

Ehh I think UFC would prefer Colby wins more than GDR. Colby at least brings some drama, possibility of a Woodley match would bring some attention. GDR winning has zero upside, damages Nunes who UFC loves to sell as the female GOAT.

If GDR wins it opens up the division and they can sell a trilogy fight. Nunes will still be sold as the GOAT regardless imho. I probably overlooked the potential of some of Colby's future match-ups but a lot of big fights can be made regardless of whether Colby wins or loses. I think Dana would rather just not deal with Colby as champion but who knows.

And still...

Volk is the only real threat, but Max will be ready.

Out of the three 245 title challengers, who do you think Dana etc actually hope wins? I think in order of most to least preferred it would be Volkanovski, Colby than GDR. The Australian market matters a hell of a lot more to UFC than Hawaii.

no way dana wants max to lose..

That's fair but I still think if he had to choose one challenger to win over the others he'd pick Volk

even though colby can be a total asshole, he will bring people to watch him lose...so I don't think dana would be upset...he's a business man...he doesn't care if colby is a jerk or not...

And still...

Volk is the only real threat, but Max will be ready.

honestly, I think volk is the perfect opponent for max...max won't have to look for him...volk will go right after him, running into all of max' shots...I see max stopping volk, probably late round 3 or 4....

Rosenstrike. UFC would love Ngannou and Jairzinho to fight a trilogy.

Back