Which takedown do you score the most with?

Get the underhook-----> clear the arm----> slight level change----->go-behind-------->bodylock----->drag/trip em down.

All day.

Last edited:
Yoko Otoshi and fake guard pull to single/double leg.

Double leg
left side head inside single, chase the ankle or head inside single dump.
Right-side head outside off a post

Get the underhook-----> clear the arm----> slight level change----->go-behind-------->bodylock----->drag/trip em down.

Al day.
Tried this one day, I was doing fine for a second until the guy judo threw me beautifully. Used all the momentum I had when trying to get behind, haha.

My best is a single leg, which kinda sucks if I’m being honest with you. One day I feel like Henry Cejudo in there, taking down sparring partners at will. Another day I can’t get one proper single.

<Fedor23>

Tried this one day, I was doing fine for a second until the guy judo threw me beautifully. Used all the momentum I had when trying to get behind, haha.

My best is a single leg, which kinda sucks if I’m being honest with you. One day I feel like Henry Cejudo in there, taking down sparring partners at will. Another day I can’t get one proper single.

<Fedor23>
Honestly Ive never been countered like that with this move but I can totally see it happening. If im trying to go around my opponents left side, and my execution in getting behind him is slow or clumsy, my left arm is just sitting there right across his midsection, leaving me open to an arm throw.

The one at the end of the round where all you’ve done is jabfuck with a Superman punch sprinkled in.

Name that fighter.

Single transition to double

Single leg and throw-bys/arm-drags. I have been studying Soslan Ramonov and Zaurbek Sidakov, and have realized just how awesome these techniques are.

Single leg and throw-bys/arm-drags. I have been studying Soslan Ramonov and Zaurbek Sidakov, and have realized just how awesome these techniques are.
Ramonovs baseball tie series is awesome

Recently, o uchi->ko uchi, or ippon seoi nage on the left side.

I didn't get much full resistance takedown training until recently, when my gym started standing regularly. It's great - can't believe we didn't do this before.

The single leg is my favorite so far. Kind of hard to get in for it thus far though.

It comes in phases.
Recently ko soto gake ; tani otoshi and ashi uchi mata with inverted sleeve + back grip (the one when you rotate and post one arm).

Hikkomi gaeshi and de ashi barai are probably tied for #1 in quantity.

Ankle pick/kouchi gari, single leg, and Victor Roll are probably 2nd tier.

Fireman's carry from a collar grip all day. Started working it more a few months ago and it is ridiculously easy to hit. Got it at my last IBJJF tournament in about 5 seconds into the match. As Soo as you establish the grip, it's as good as done.

Back