Which successful fighter took the least damages in his career so far?

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
By "successful" i'm not talking about fighters who fought poor adversity, but those who actually had to face tough contenders. They don't necesseraly have to be champions or ex champions.
I was thinking of GSP's legacy and realized that his style of fighting and his invincibility cost him lots of brain damages. In the end, beyond the belt and the wins, physical integrity should come as an important quality for a fighter, not only for his longevity in the ring but for his health when he's retired.

Which fighter has successfully maintained his physical integrity, while remaining successful as a champion or as a contender?
I was thinking of Silva, whose fight style -not as rough as wrestlers- kept him away from traumas. Aldo also comes to mind, as well as machida, who is one of those who take the least damages with his karate background.

The gigantic irony is that of the succesfull fighters, Cain is probably the one the least of his opponents get their hands on, but he seems to be hurt all the effing time.

It's GSP. He started to receive damage only in his last fights, and overall it's nothing significant. The guy was never KO'ed or even in a KD (except when Matt Serra swarmed him, but that was very early in his career; and the kick by Condit which he didn't see coming).

Anderson Silva took 300+ clean shots to the head by Sonnen, got KO'ed cold by Weidman and suffered a broken leg injury. How do you call that a trauma-free career?

Silva only received slaps by sonnen while he was mounted.. To be honest i don't think the shots he received during that fight were that hard.. As for the broken leg, it's just a broken bone, and everyone can break something during his life.. I agree it can affect his mobility, not his health.

I'd say the knockdown in the second weidman fight hurt more than 290+ sonnen pillow punches

I agree that GSP has taken the least damage during his actual fights. Training 300 days a year could be a different story.

Before the Hendricks fight, Georges had his nose busted up by a couple of BJ Penn punches, Matt Serra hit him with some good punches, Jake Sheilds poked his eyes several times, Condit landed a head kick, Diaz landed a body shot.

I find it amazing GSP fought so many rounds and rarely was hit.

Not champion but DC didn't get a clear punch yet. He totally dominated everybody in every single second.

Silva only received slaps by sonnen while he was mounted.. To be honest i don't think the shots he received during that fight were that hard.. As for the broken leg, it's just a broken bone, and everyone can break something during his life.. I agree it can affect his mobility, not his health.

Hmm....did you forget Weidman knocking him out in the first fight?

I would go with GSP pre injury, Jones(except vs gus), DC (but he hasn't fought anyone that can stop his wrestling yet), Weidman.

Back